• Twister Ace's Proposal.

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the run-off poll to determine the winner of the USR Flag Poll

union-of-sovereign-republics-png.284495

^
O'Alexis 89's Proposal

Pros: Symbolically represents the new political goals of the USR (peace/democracy). Also represents the various SSRs via the stars. Custom made (See his post for details about his design.)

Cons: Somewhat cluttered with so many symbols.

800px-Flag_of_the_CIS.svg.png

^
Twister Ace's proposal.

pros: Neutral, non-ideological. Has beautiful design.

Cons: Doesn't particularly represent the USR or its citizens.

One thing I would comment on, the use of stars in the new USR flag, has a striking resemblance to (and will undoubatably be favorably looked upon by), the original flag of the USA, as our own flag started out with 13 stars, also in a circle.

Last edited:

Alan Hardy

Banned
This morning I copied O'Alexis' flag into a paint document to trial how it would look if the differing areas of colour were vertical so that all the stars sat of either a white background or a dark blue one. For sure the yellow fimbriations worked better on dark blue, however the green wreath looked better on a white background. Anyway, I thought we were trying to get away from using stars. And that blue is too dark. So I would look to have on a ratio 2:3 flag, 5/8th mid blue horizontal stripe, 1/8th white stripe, 1/4 green stripe, with laurel wreath in white in the canton.

The CIS flag is to much of a copy so I really am forced away from it.

Last edited:
One thing I would comment on, the use of stars in the new USR flag, has a striking resemblance to (and will undoubatably be fovotably looked upon by), the original flag of the USA, as our own flag started out with 13 stars, also in a circle.
The roots for the use of the stars (in this way) is from the "Betty Ross" flag (a.k.a the original flag of the US, they had to start somewhere). But, actually, I inspired myself from the flag of the European Union.
But hey, "Betty Ross" has been used as a model for other flags where stars=state/country, so you can say that the design comes from there too... ^^

I allow myself to post (even thought, it seems like I'm double-posting, please have mercy), because...

Is of fitting good.

This is a Special Report from KBC (Konrad Broadcasting Company) News.

The exit poll for the 2016 Flag Decision is in, so we can give you the results of the votes...

*Big orchestra drum roll*

According to our exit poll, this election has been won by O'Alexis, and a landslide is likely.

We'll have to wait, however, for the figures, that will be given by Konrad, himself. In the meantime, this is KBC News. We'll give you up-to-minute reports on this election on KBC News 24 and KBC World. Goodbye.

This has been a Special Report from KBC (Konrad Broadcasting Company) News.

(NB: That was fun to make :) )