TL Idea: Batman Alternate Actors/Films

Willmatron

Banned
Josh Bolin for Batman works for an older one.

My friend suggested three other people for roles:

William Dafoe as Joker. He naturally has a large mouth good for natural grins.

Bryan Cranstan as Commissioner Gordon

Dwayne Johnson as Bane

My choice for Mr Freeze would be a younger Colm Feore as seen in Steven King's Storm of the Century.

Honestly with the length of superhero movies and the way they are written with the right writers one could take the Knightfall story and write so it has less problems than the Dark Knight Rises and Batman v Superman.

Morty Vicar

Banned
Josh Bolin for Batman works for an older one.

My friend suggested three other people for roles:

William Dafoe as Joker. He naturally has a large mouth good for natural grins.

Good call, he bears a resemblance to the joker in the Killing Joke

Bryan Cranstan as Commissioner Gordon

Believe it or not I had this exact same thought, but he may be a victim of his own success, it's hard to unsee Walter White.

Off the wall idea, but Christopher Walken as Batman? Could be fun.

Yeah, he could give Batman a bit of an edge, would be nice. It would also give a good angle to Bruce Wayne.

Good call, he bears a resemblance to the joker in the Killing Joke

Believe it or not I had this exact same thought, but he may be a victim of his own success, it's hard to unsee Walter White.

Yeah, he could give Batman a bit of an edge, would be nice. It would also give a good angle to Bruce Wayne.

His Green Goblin was very Joker-esque.

How about Bruce Willis? It'd certainly be a better career move than the modern Die Hard movies.

He'd act like he was uncomfortable in his own skin, which would lend credence to the idea that "Bruce Wayne" was the real mask.

I'd like to add some Batman Beyond to this thread.

I think Daniel Radcliffe with his american accent would make a great Terry McGinnis. Maybe Martin Sheen as an old Bruce Wayne? (this one is more just because Martin Sheen is one of my favorite actors, who is also old)

This is interesting , although I think Daniel Radcliffe would make an interesting Jason Todd as well.

I've read rumors that Movie Batman: Triumphant , Leonardo DiCaprio would be introduced as Tim Drake , I think it would be interesting too.

RyanF

Banned
I was more thinking of a revolving door of actors ala James Bond, with a floating canon in a long term series. However, based on the ideas you guys have proposed, maybe we could have a 'Batman: Black and White' type thread where everyone is free to post their own short vignette of an alternate universe Batman movie.

When would such a series start?

Morty Vicar

Banned
I know this is off topic to the thread, but does anyone else think Bruce Willis would make an amazing Dick Tracy?

images
images

Alec Baldwin would have been a good Batman. I think the perfect Batman movie would have been similar to The Shadow, and with several of the same actors.

I like Christopher Lloyd a lot, but I'm glad Danny de Vito got the role of Penguin instead of him. Lloyd might have made a good Joker or Riddler or Mad Hatter. I've toyed with the idea of a Batman Returns where the Penguin's role in the movie is more like Max Shrek's OTL role, where he's the guy running things. He teams up with Killer Croc, who serves Penguin's OTL role of a guy abandoned by his parents and living in the sewer. I think the movie would make a lot more sense that way, and Croc can be really menacing in ways that the Penguin can't. I'd also like to see Bruce Wayne and the Penguin attending the same parties. I like to think of Penguin as a particularly corrupt member of Gotham's wealthy elite.

Now that I think about it I like Christopher Lloyd as the Riddler. Mostly because he'd look good rocking the classic green suit with question marks.

I know, right? And there's a period of several decades when he could have been good in the role. My top choice would be the 80s, even though he looked older than the Riddler usually does.

I'm going to list a few actors who were considered for parts in the Batman films. Sam Raimi also offered to direct Batman Forever when Burton stepped down.

• Anthony Hopkins as Mr Freeze
  • Patrick Stewart as Mr. Freeze
  • Tim Curry as the Joker
  • Robin Williams as the Joker:
  • Mark Hamill as the Riddler:
  • Henry Cavill as Batman
  • Daniel Day-Lewis as Batman
  • Annie Potts as Vicki Vale
  • Kurt Russell as Batman
  • Christian Bale as Robin
  • Leonardo Dicaprio as Robin

Now that I think about it I like Christopher Lloyd as the Riddler. Mostly because he'd look good rocking the classic green suit with question marks.

I have had an idea for a while of a Batman film, probably released circa 1984, which is more in line with the Neil Adams Batman. Rather than a stylized Burton grit, it is the comic book in the real world of the eighties -- something more akin in tone to the Ninja Turtles film. Adam West would star as Commissioner Gordon. And I think a Chris Lloyd Riddler would fit right in there.

Josh Brolin Batman
Willem Dafoe as the joker (I saw a mockup of him once in the role and he looked surprisingly very good!)

I've always wanted to see Clint Eastwood play an old Bruce Wayne in a Batman Begins film

Gary Oldman as The Joker was something that a friend of mine thought up. Granted, it wouldn't be in the most recent movies. Maybe around the time he did Leon the Professional?

Laugh, but Nolan himself noted in a behind the scenes docu that he originally considered Oldman for the role of Ra's al Ghul. Gary insisted on trying a not-bad guy role, Nolan quickly realised he'd actually make a good Gordon... the rest is history.

I've got a 1966 Batman by Arthur Penn starring Steve McQueen mini-TL I need to post. I'll repost some of the info later when on a computer.

Robin Williams as the Riddler?

actually, prior to his death, i'd heard a serious suggestion that Williams could be Hugo Strange. as for Riddler, this one has always been a favorite of mine:

tennantriddler.jpg

for as little screentime as he had, Tennant played a great Crouch, Jr., in Prisoner of Azkaban, gave his own little quirks to the character, and i think that'd translate quite well into the Riddler