Tiny Nationalist South China

Where'd you hear that It seems kinda weird, given how FDR thought Chiang was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I mean, FDR was tossing around the idea of giving Vietnam to the Chinese as a protectorate.

FDR wanted to give a man who had no control over his own country a protectorate over another?:confused: Then again, I guess that wouldn't be FDR's first policy fumble.

Historically, France was more important to the West than China. Furthermore, the history of A-L is rather more complicated than that of Taiwan. That said, I'd like to read the TL wherein the Japanese capture Alsace-Lorraine in century XIX:p
Hm, you haven't heard about the Franco-Japanese War? (Though, for Japan to hold a province so far inland while allowing an independent France to exist in the rest, they must already rule everything between Alsace-Lorraine and Hokkaido :eek: )

Taiwanese history is quite complex as well.

Hm, you haven't heard about the Franco-Japanese War? (Though, for Japan to hold a province so far inland while allowing an independent France to exist in the rest, they must already rule everything between Alsace-Lorraine and Hokkaido :eek: )

Taiwanese history is quite complex as well.

Taiwan has a rich history, but politically, it's not the contentious prize that Alsace-Lorraine was.

The Sandman

Banned
Historically, France was more important to the West than China. Furthermore, the history of A-L is rather more complicated than that of Taiwan. That said, I'd like to read the TL wherein the Japanese capture Alsace-Lorraine in century XIX:p

Hmmm...maybe I should think of that. We haven't had many Japan-wank timelines on here, so it could be fun.

Or would it be Japan-bukkake? :D

What about that "Empire of Japan" timeline in the AH directory on the mainpage? That's one hell of a wank, even if it starts with a defeat for the Japanese.

Hendryk

Banned
Taiwan has a rich history, but politically, it's not the contentious prize that Alsace-Lorraine was.
Tell that to the Chinese. They obsessed about getting Taiwan back from the Japanese between 1895 and 1945, and the PRC has obsessed about getting it back from the Nationalists since 1949.

My comparison with Alsace-Lorraine was no exaggeration. Whatever the island's objective political importance, its subjective psychological importance is undeniable.

expect massive communist infiltration and propaganda against the remaining provinces till the oppressed masses in those areas rise up against their masters.

Taiwan + Hainan might be sustainable but any possesions on the Mainland would be eventually taken by the PRC.

By that logic, all of Korea is now the People's Democratic Republic Etc. Etc. of Korea. :rolleyes:

I guess the key woud be a militarized border, aka Korea, where both side say they want reunion, but only on their terms.

Just a thought, but might a China with a viable Republican and Communist division be more opposed by the US? In that the US still supplies Tibetian rebels and such.

Well, the war did blow up in their face:rolleyes:

Oh, that made me wince. That really made me wince.

I've been reading through the back pages of this forum, and the idea of ROC keeping all the leased territories seems pretty good. All we need is slightly chillier relations between Britain and PRC, and a pedantic lawyer. The second one shouldn't be hard to find.