These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

Since I believe it was confirmed on the discord that the eldest daughter of Edward X was granted the title of "Princess of Wales", does that mean that other woman in the royal family (such as the daughters of her brother or her daughter Charlotte) are eligible to receive peerage titles such as Dukedoms as opposed to only sons receiving them? Also, are Dukedoms and or other titles now able to be inherited by a woman via absolute primogeniture or if the holder has no male heir? If so when did this become the case?
Hello!

Yes, I believe that's the case, In OTL there's a good few examples of women being granted peerages - look up the Countess de Grey - so what essentially became the case in OTL was merely a dominant norm fuelled by a very patriarchal society [even the whole "only men can inherit" was a relatively new invention, look up pre-Wars of the Roses peerages, there's a good few female inheritances, and Scotland has always been different]. I imagine that all new hereditary peerages are expressly "heirs general" those days instead of heirs male and the entire system of abeyance is abolished. Older hereditary peerages are likely still broadly the same as a rule.

I'm not quite sure if new hereditary peerages are absolute cognatic or agnatic-cognatic, what I do know is that they're now able to be inherited by women and that this is the case also for royal peerages as well. The title of "Prince/ss of Wales" along with subsidiary titles like Tánaiste or the dukedoms of Rothesay and Kowloon, are firmly for the heir apparent, so when Louise becomes the heir apparent, she gets those titles basically automatically.

7Pvv4nF.png

this list is probably better than otl honestly (other than Bronwyn Bishop being PM which would have been wild).

Also glad to see a good multi party democracy, any chance we can get a look at a recentish election (2017 or 2020)?

this list is probably better than otl honestly (other than Bronwyn Bishop being PM which would have been wild).

Also glad to see a good multi party democracy, any chance we can get a look at a recentish election (2017 or 2020)?

Harold Wilson in Australia? I'd love to see the story behind that.
Apparently, Wilson's uncle IOTL was part of the Western Australia Legislative Council, so it's not difficult to imagine his family emigrating to Australia at some point (though whether the uncle ends up in Westralia still is up for debate).

I was reading the Continuity of government article and I wonder what kind of scenarios (bioweapon, war, ecological disaster...) are TTL governments preparing for and if there's anything interesting to know about it given that TTL is such a dystopian one. Idk evacuation to a space station, hotlines between world leaders, Switzerland ready to blow up roads leading towards the centre of the country, Harald on UK line of succession, etc. Just an idea.

So what has been the response to Climate Change and Super Typhoons in the Developing Word? Have countries encouraged population or industry relocation? Building of Seawalls? Banning Fossil Fuels?

So what has been the response to Climate Change and Super Typhoons in the Developing Word? Have countries encouraged population or industry relocation? Building of Seawalls? Banning Fossil Fuels?
If you noticed some of the earlier sidebars, countries like Java have started to ban natural gas. Not sure about coal, though.

Vietnam just can't stop playing host to proxy wars, can it?

It has a bit of a knack for that!

In general it's been a full scale war-footing against climate change. Not... everyone is compliant and the Imperial powers are... hesitant to say the least. They are making efforts to reduce, but it's not the fastest. Countries in general have been relocating population and industry out of major flood zones, along with coastal defences and sea walls. A country like Java, for example, banned the extraction of fossil fuels within its borders. There is a general agreement to try and go fully green, but it's not moving at the quickest rate. The United States is a glaring example of a country that is clinging to coal for the majority of its power generation, despite everything that happened to Louisiana. Other developing countries have long tried to pressure the United States into action, but they always met it with deaf ears.

The Mekong Delta destroyed.... Yikes

It's a pretty dire situation. I felt that this update really helped to drive home how, well messed up the climate is from the higher rate of industrialisation and reliance on fossil energy.

Regarding the Philippines, was my home country in the TTL affected by climate change even though the country was in a state of fragile democracy before the military coup and subsequent protests?

I would guess that some OTL coastal areas in the country, like the ones in Bulacan, were being absorbed by the rising sea levels.

Regarding the Philippines, was my home country in the TTL affected by climate change even though the country was in a state of fragile democracy before the military coup and subsequent protests?

I would guess that some OTL coastal areas in the country, like the ones in Bulacan, were being absorbed by the rising sea levels.

Oh of course. The government preceding the coup was fairly fragile from the constant storms that plagued it. The government suffered from a decent amount of miscommunication and political inaction that some localities were simply lost, and much of the worst-hit places in remote locations were abandoned by the central government, not for lack of care, but for lack of resources.

We know pretty much about the political structure of the TL, I'm trying to rack my brain, is there a rightist republic with a hereditary head of state not nearby the Sea of Japan in TTL?