The Union Forever: A TL

just started reading your TL in the finished TL area for the first time. (I'm up to the end of the Civil War so far.)

this is good!

will resume reading now :)

oh yes, I'll subscribe to this thread too for any updates, developments, etc.

oh. my. gosh.

William Tecumseh Sherman, head of the US Army, versus the Spanish Empire.

AY CARAMBA!

(back to reading.)

edit: epic bonus points for Custer and Longstreet, former Confederate officer redeeming himself in battle under the US flag, sweeet.

edit2: the illustrations are marvelous. it probably took a LOT of time to amass and select and post these images. they are way cool.

Very glad you like it. Cheers!

The Union Forever

Filling in the Gaps

union.png

Hey everyone, as ya'll know this TL pretty much leaves out everything from the end of the Great War till the present day. I have been thinking about restarting this timeline and filling in the missing decades as well as fleshing out other details about the TL such as popular culture. If people seem to enjoy this I think I might even start writing some installments about this TL's future in the 21st Century.

Two questions I have for this thread are

1) Is anybody interested in reading this, or is it best to just let this TL lay dead?
2) Also is anybody willing to help me with some ATL areas such as sports and music?

Thanks for the help and cheers!

The Union Forever

Filling in the Gaps

union.png

Hey everyone, as ya'll know this TL pretty much leaves out everything from the end of the Great War till the present day. I have been thinking about restarting this timeline and filling in the missing decades as well as fleshing out other details about the TL such as popular culture. If people seem to enjoy this I think I might even start writing some installments about this TL's future in the 21st Century.

Two questions I have for this thread are

1) Is anybody interested in reading this, or is it best to just let this TL lay dead?
2) Also is anybody willing to help me with some ATL areas such as sports and music?

Thanks for the help and cheers!

This sounds like a great idea! I'd be happy to help if you need it.

Sports in The Union Forever?

What would people like to see American sports look like in The Union Forever? I think baseball will still be the national past time and rugby and lacrosse will be more popular than OTL. However, American football, basketball, and ice hockey were all invented after the POD so should they be included? If they are not invented what other sports could arise to take their place?

What would people like to see American sports look like in The Union Forever? I think baseball will still be the national past time and rugby and lacrosse will be more popular than OTL. However, American football, basketball, and ice hockey were all invented after the POD so should they be included? If they are not invented what other sports could arise to take their place?

Maybe the american troops returning from Europe bring back football (aka soccer) and become more popular than OTL

Can't wait to see what happens next :)
Great though the original conclusion was, it should prove interesting to see exactly what went on during these gaps you mention.

State Profile: Georgia
The Union Forever Reactivated

Hey ya'll, thanks to everyone who has commented and messaged me about restarting this TL. As mentioned before we will be filling in the gaps between 1913 and 2011. I will start giving regular updates most likely by decade or presidential administration. However, I would like for people to start submitting installments to me on subjects that interest them. If they check out, I will post them as part of this TL. Also I would like for people to start doing profiles on the 58 states of this TL. I will kick it off with my home state of Georgia. Cheers!

State of Georgia

Name: State of Georgia
Capital: Milledgeville
Largest City: Atlanta
Admission to the Union: January 2, 1788 (4th)
Nickname(s): The Goober State (official), The Empire State of the South, the Peach State
State Song: Goober Peas
State Bird: Brown Thrasher
State Flower: Cherokee Rose
State Tree: Red Cedar

Professional sports teams

· Baseball: The Atlanta Goobers (historically the winningest team in baseball)
· Football[1]: The Atlanta Strikers
· Rugby: The Atlanta Rattlesnakes
· Handball[2]: The Atlanta Comets
· Lacrosse: The Georgia Crackers

Post Civil War History:

During the Civil War, the State of Georgia fared considerable better than many other Southern states such as Virginia, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Louisiana. Indeed Federal forces didn’t enter the state until a few months before the war ended. After the fall of the Confederacy, Georgia, with most of its cities unscathed, became the economic and cultural center of the “New South”. In the century and half following the civil war Atlanta would become the greatest city in the Southeastern United States and an important hub for commerce and American music styles such as Groove and Flim-Flam.

Notable Georgians:

· James E. Oglethorpe, Founder of the Colony of Georgia
· Archibald Bullock, Revolutionary Governor of Georgia
· Alexander H. Stephens, 1st Vice President and 2nd President of the Confederate States of America.
· George W. Harley, Civil rights leader during the 1st wave of the American civil rights movement.
· Leroy R. Connor, President of the United States from 1949-1957.
· Brandon K. O’Leary, Chief engineer in the American atomic bomb program.
· Lieutenant Colonel Walter K. Melton, first man in space.
· Danny “Funky” Turpin, the father of Groove music

[1] This is basically equivalent to OTL soccer.

[2] Also known as American Handball (though not the same as OTL American handball), it is an ATL game played on a court with an inflatable ball. It slightly resembles OTL basketball except that the ball is smaller and that instead of a basket the object of the game is the hurl the ball through the other teams “box” which is a 3x3 ft goal elevated 6 feet off the ground.

Georgia Flag.png

Last edited: