The Union Forever: A TL

the name has nothing to do with me being a nazi, I'm not, I just tried a lot of different names and none of them worked, so I just went with the first name that popped up in my head. I'll change it if it's an issue, I just don't know how

the name has nothing to do with me being a nazi, I'm not, I just tried a lot of different names and none of them worked, so I just went with the first name that popped up in my head. I'll change it if it's an issue, I just don't know how

If it is issue you can ask Ian change that name. OF course you have invent new name.

Ok, thank you.

Also, just so you know, you can go back and edit your posts if you make a typo. In the bottom left of any of your posts is the edit button you can use if you've made a typo or think of something else after you post. It just helps to keep double posting from becoming a problem.

If I have understand correctly Ecoism doesn't care is state republic or monarchy so long when it is democracy and support Ecoist values.

Earlier on, you mentioned that a bunch of ecosist were fighting for the reformers. Is Ecoism a Republican ideology ITTL?

I would assume so despite several monarchies having ecoist parties.

If I have understand correctly Ecoism doesn't care is state republic or monarchy so long when it is democracy and support Ecoist values.

To answer HIM Dogson's question, Lalli's comment is spot on. That is to say Ecoism usually doesn't get into the republic/monarchy debate. However, as Ecoism is a big supporter of popular democracy that often runs contrary to conservative monarchists.

Hello.

I know I haven't commented on this timeline in a while, but I have to say that I'm still really enjoying this timeline and I have in fact been keeping up with it relatively consistently. I'm still keeping up with it now and I'm really excited to see how the IEF Civil War pans out in the coming years.

One question; I have two TUF bios that I wrote up on my phone about a year ago. Do you mind if I post them? They probably need to be spruced up a bit and elaborated on, but their mostly finished.

Is there Bismarckian, conservative Egoism, that thinks that the longer perspective and "superior foresight" of monarchs results in better environmental conditions than rowdy democracy?

Profile: Robert Lincoln Wilcox
Here is my first entry for The People of The Union Forever.

Robert Lincoln Wilcox (1909-1960)

2454.jpg

Robert Lincoln Wilcox, a very prominent adventure, science fiction, alternate history and speculative fiction writer, was born on Tuesday, June 15, 1909 in Lansing, Michigan, the first of three siblings born to Albert Edward Wilcox (October 18, 1884-November 26, 1953) a veteran of the Caribbean Campaign of the Great War and a Medal of Honor recipient, and Elsie Wilcox (née Hamilton) (June 2, 1890-January 1, 1970). Wilcox, whose father was fighting at the front when he was born, was patriotically named by his mother after then US President Robert Todd Lincoln. Wilcox was raised by his parents in Lansing until 1915, when his father Albert got a job at a law firm in Chicago, Illinois, where the family then moved to as a result. It was in Chicago were Robert's younger siblings, Matthew Nelson Wilcox (January 3, 1916-October 23, 1997) and Susan Jane Wilcox (May 4, 1918-May 1, 1988), were born.

Robert Lincoln Wilcox privately wrote his first short stories while he was in college at the University of Chicago, which he attended from 1927 to 1931, majoring in English and minoring in History. All of these short stories were written under Wilcox's initials "RLW." Wilcox himself, ever since he was young, had always been interested in history, but more specifically, war and political intrigue. The Great War in particular, which his father would tell him about first-hand as a young boy, fascinated Wilcox. His first of these stories, which has finally published in a local Chicago short-story magazine called "Tales of the World" in its September, 1930 issue, was entitled "Blood on the Island Trail" and was about a young American soldier from Michigan and his friend and fellow platoon member from Puerto Rico and their experiences fighting the French in the jungles of Martinique. The story ends with an amazing act of heroism on the part of the Michigan soldier, only for his friend to die in a French ambush. The story was loosely based on the exploits of his own father, with many embellishments. All of Wilcox's other stories written in college, which were tales of either adventure or alternate history, would be published in "Tales of the World" up until 1933.

On July 30, 1932, soon after graduating college, Wilcox, still living with his parents, converted to Roman Catholicism and married Katherine Lee Jenkins (June 26, 1910-August 22, 1996), the daughter of an old family friend, in a private ceremony in Chicago.

In 1938, Wilcox and his wife moved to Boulder City (OTL's Boulder), Colorado, where he would live for the rest of his life. It was in Boulder City that Wilcox published his first science fiction novel and work of science fiction, Under the Yoke, a novel which tells of a seemingly Utopian earth in the year of 2012 under a collectivist-minded one-world government which has just begun colonizing the Moon and Mars. However, as the young protagonist Wilson McCann soon finds out, the world he lives in is not what it seems to be, and is actually a false-utopia forcing its denizens to do morally questionable and even terrible things against their will in the name of an abstract notion of "greater good." The novel was a critique of both Communism and Krulikism, ideologies which Wilcox saw as "dangerous and against the principals of the enlightenment." Wilcox himself was never partisan, but was "always leaning towards sensible progressive-ism."

In 1940, Wilcox published his first alternate history novel, The Golden Circle, which tells of a world in which the Confederacy won the Civil War and went to war with Spain in the 1880s, conquering Cuba and Puerto Rico. In 1900, the Confederate States of America is a force to be reckoned with and is seeking under President Zebulon Vance to expanded more into the Caribbean and Latin America, finally fulfilling the dreams of the Knights of the Golden Circle. The protagonist, a runaway slave named only "Sparticus", seeks to assassinate the President before he can go to war with the Dominican Republic and Mexico. In the end he is successful, but he is killed by local police in the aftermath, leaving the ramifications of his deed unknown to the reader.

Over the years, Wilcox would continue to publish several novels, short stories and serials of adventure, science fiction, alternate history and speculative fiction in numerous magazines and through numerous publishers. Without a doubt, Wilcox's most famous work was the alternate history and western short story "Sacred Honor", first published in the magazine Amazing Adventures No. 242 in October, 1953. Wilcox expanded it into a full-length novel in 1956, and the novel Sacred Honor proved to be a very successful and popular novel. It was even adopted by Canadian-born American director Edwin Anderson into a feature length film in 1968, which was meet with great success at the box office and huge acliam from critics and audiences alike.

Wilcox published his last story, a science fiction short story entitled The Planet of Mystery, in the September, 1958 issue of Amazing Adventures. As to why this was his last, Wilcox wrote to his publisher in a letter dated October 15, 1958; "Frankly, after twenty-eight years, I'm just worn out of ideas". Wilcox would spend the next two years of his life painting landscapes and practicing photography in the vast wilderness of Colorado.

A chain smoker for much of his life, Wilcox died of lung cancer in his suburban home in Boulder City, Colorado, on October 27, 1960 at the age of 51. He was buried in a local Roman Catholic cemetery. He never had any children, so all of his possessions, including his manuscripts, were given to his brother Matthew. A posthumous compilation of all of R.L. Wilcox's works was, with the help of Matthew Wilcox, put together and released by the Denver-based book publishing company SeaLion Publishing in 1968. This compilation was republished with a new introduction and annotations in 1994 for what would have been his eighty-fifth birthday. A bronze statue of R.L. Wilcox was unveiled in his adoptive home-town of Boulder City in July of 2009 for the one-hundredth anniversary of his birth.

Last edited:
Profile: Edwin Anderson
Edwin Anderson (1918-2007)

john-sturges.jpg

Edwin James Anderson, film director and screenplay writer, was born in Tobermory, Vesperia (OTL's Calgary, Alberta), Canada on Sunday, October 27, 1918 to Claudette Galtier Anderson (June 1, 1894-December 20, 1988), a nurse and social worker from Montreal, Quebec, and Charles Tupper Anderson (May 13, 1886-January 5, 1962), a pharmacist and life-long denizen of Tobermory. Anderson attended Catholic schools throughout his youth until he graduated from St. Mary's Tobermory High School in June of 1936 at the age of seventeen. In October of 1936, shortly before his eighteenth birthday, Anderson moved to San Francisco, California, USA to live with his uncle Albert and his aunt Edith, both of whom moved from Toronto to Los Angeles in the 1920s due in part to "Uncle Al's" problems with tuberculosis.

It was while doing odd jobs throughout Los Angeles that Anderson gradually became interested in film and film-making. He began working as an intern with Sunset Studios in 1940, and worked throughout the next twelve years in cinematography, set-design and writing. His first film, which he directed and wrote the screenplay for, was the critically acclaimed drama and war film Crushing Day, released on August 1, 1952, about two soldiers, one white and one black, fighting in the same platoon in Cuba during the Spanish-American War. The film dealt with several then-controversial and hot button issues such as racism, prejudice and the absurdity of such notions when compared to comredery under fire and national pride. Released soon after the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement, the film, in spite of the controversy that surrounded it (many theaters in the South refused to show it), was a massive success both financially and critically.

Anderson went on to direct numerous other films in many different genres over the next forty years, including the Western From Boulder City to Halleckville (1958), the thriller and heist film The Rotten Ruffhousers (1963), the suspense film The Forrests of Danger (1967), the adaptation of Robert Lincoln Wilcox's short story and novel Sacred Honor (1968) and the action film and political thriller Is Lisbon Burning? (1975). Anderson also wrote many screenplays, including for his own films. His last film was the thriller The Midnight Hunter (1992), which was met with mixed to negative reviews from critics but which also gained a cult following from a number of film-buffs in the follwing years. It was even adapted into a short-lived television series on NBS from 2003 to 2006. Throughout his life, Anderson maintained dual-American and Canadian citizenship. He never married and he never had any children. He was reported to have had numerous girlfriends throughout his life, but none of them ever seemed to have been permanent in terms of a romantic relationship. Anderson officially announced his retirement from film-making during an interview on the NBS show Talk-line on the night of November 22, 1995.

Anderson died of a heart attack in St. John's Nursing Home in Yorba Linda, California during the early morning hours of December 28, 2007. He was 89 years of age at the time of his death. He was cremated and his ashes were scattered over San Francisco Bay during a private funeral service on December 30, 2007.

Last edited: