The Union Forever: A TL

Are the elections in Spain truly democratic or were they rigged?

Any sort of international union of petroleum producing countries show up yet ITTL? There was something like that OTL.

Lots of continuing European influence lingering in TTL compared to OTL. It's to be expected without a 2nd Great War analogue, especially with the A-P war having demonstrated a need for a lot of peoples for outside protection/stability.

Great update, but why is the new flag a Nordic Cross?

Germanic culture is obviously superior.:rolleyes:
It could represent equality with the monarchy at the center, which would be a theme this new government would want to play up.

The flag isn't a Nordic Cross. It is based off of the standard for Count Henry the father of the first King of Portugal.

360px-PortugueseFlag1095.svg.png

Quiet bad that democracy in Persia is declining. Hopefully situation not goes so badly as during OTL Pahlavi dynasty.

It will be intresting what the country will do nextly. I guess that Persia might be very intrested increase its power in Middle East.

So how much of a jackass is the Shah? Is he as bad as Mohammed Reza or is he more of an enlightened absolutist? It would be interesting to see a surviving enlightened absolutist state.

The current Shah is much more adept than OTL's Mohammed Reza. While he doesn't wield total power, he likes to think of himself as an enlightened absolutist.

Lots of continuing European influence lingering in TTL compared to OTL. It's to be expected without a 2nd Great War analogue, especially with the A-P war having demonstrated a need for a lot of peoples for outside protection/stability.

You are completely correct. As you have stated, this is a major theme ITTL. A shorter Great War and no WWII has led to a much more gradual withering of European control over their colonies.

Another question, what are the military vehicles in Germany, China, and the Turin pact like? With much less American economic dominance presumably these countries would have their own companies making weapons.

The flags look great, Mac! I have to wonder about whether Portugal's relationship with Britain factored into that choice. It definitely is evocative of the flag of England. It's probably much of nothing, but it'd be an interesting thing to see Portugal and Great Britain keep their alliance and grow closer this far into TTL. With Spain going with France and Italy, and after that civil war, it might be something that they consider.

Another question, what are the military vehicles in Germany, China, and the Turin pact like? With much less American economic dominance presumably these countries would have their own companies making weapons.

Indeed, the LAR, British Commonwealth, AES, IEF, Turin Pact, and Technocratic Union all have their own well developed arms industries with very little over lap. Persia has a growing domestic arms industry but employs a number of German and British systems. Concerning vehicles, Germany and the Turin Pact tend to favor large heavy tracked vehicles. China fields more lighter wheeled variants.

How's Haiti doing?

Better than OTL. Being next to the U.S. state of Santo Domingo has helped matters economically. Their is a serious illegal immigration problem with remittances being a sizable portion of the Haitian economy . The Haitian Republic uses the U.S. dollar as its legal currency and politically has stuck close to America joining it in the Great War and being a founding member for the Charter for a Free Americas and the League of American Republics. Tourism has increased in recent years, especially from France, but Haiti remains poor and corruption is high.

200px-Flag_of_Haiti_%28civil%29.svg.png
Flag of the Haitian Republic​

Last edited:
The flags look great, Mac! I have to wonder about whether Portugal's relationship with Britain factored into that choice. It definitely is evocative of the flag of England. It's probably much of nothing, but it'd be an interesting thing to see Portugal and Great Britain keep their alliance and grow closer this far into TTL. With Spain going with France and Italy, and after that civil war, it might be something that they consider.

I am glad you picked up on that. Indeed, the flag is a subtle nod to Britain. Although the UK initially kept out of the war, its role as mediator in the peace will strengthen relations with Portugal in the post war years.

I can't draw flag of Sao Tome and Principe but it could be similar as flag of Cape Verde but on red field is palm and two stars repressing two main islands.

But there is my proposal as flag of East Timor.

East Timor.png