The Union Forever: A TL

The 1952 Electoral map

1952.png

Those Dems are just getting more and more marginalized. How's Congress look?

Also, remind me: Did direct election of senators come into place ITTL?

The Republicans control both houses of Congress since capturing the Senate in 1950.

No, Senators are still chosen by the state legislature. However, 21 states have passed laws selecting their Senators through direct primaries.

Say, is Nevada still known for gambling, and if so, what's TTL's equivalent of Las Vegas?

Well OTL area of Las Vegas is in the TL's Arizona, but no, Nevada is not known for its gambling. Cuba and Panama are the big go to gambling spots and as a consequence have serious problems with organized crime. G&M is big on gambling too but attracts a classier more wealthy clientele.

Well OTL area of Las Vegas is in the TL's Arizona, but no, Nevada is not known for its gambling. Cuba and Panama are the big go to gambling spots and as a consequence have serious problems with organized crime. G&M is big on gambling too but attracts a classier more wealthy clientele.

Yeah, I'd expect TTL's Nevada to be known for mining only.

How are labor unions and social welfare doing in this America!

Are the republicans solidly social liberal then.

It sounds like it. I imagine the political and financial elites have gravitated towards the Democrats, who in the 1860s were to the right of the Republicans.

Wiki Box: Second French Empire
I've been reading this timeline for little more than two months, and I have to say, it one my favorite and best timelines on this board! :D I love the alternate American history (American history is a favorite subject of mine). You did a great job with how the Civil War went and the Great War, the latter which had some nice, subtle analogies to OTL. Also, love how far reaching the butterflies become. :cool: It's a great timeline, and I'll be sure to catch up (left off at the "1913-1920" chapter).

Two more things: I can't wait for this to be reposted in the Finished Timelines board. Also, I made this.....

attachment.php

I've been reading this timeline for little more than two months, and I have to say, it one my favorite and best timelines on this board! :D I love the alternate American history (American history is a favorite subject of mine). You did a great job with how the Civil War went and the Great War, the latter which had some nice, subtle analogies to OTL. Also, love how far reaching the butterflies become. :cool: It's a great timeline, and I'll be sure to catch up (left off at the "1913-1920" chapter).

Two more things: I can't wait for this to be reposted in the Finished Timelines board. Also, I made this.....

A late welcome to the board (and Zoidbergs 1 through 11) to you, Zoidberg12. Nice blurb, too; you'd probably do well to use a different way of resizing the map (Paint.NET is free, and has some useful features for this), but otherwise it looks great. Of course, it's still MacGregor's call whether the details are canon.