My TL is finally up! the first chapter will come out soon.

Will follow it and see where it goes. A more plausible Kaiserreich TL is direly needed.

Right now I'm slowly working on a Paris Peace Conference timeline called A Lost Peace with a POD at the attempted assassination of Clemenceau. While not dealing directly with WW1 it examines the efforts for a lasting peace after the war. The main source is the minutes from the Council of Four and the Council of Ten but also secondary literature, making it, hopefully, a fairly researched timeline.

RESOURCES

Gentlemen, let's get this show on the road again.

Use this thread to list any sort of interesting WWI resources you find online or in bibliography. :cool:

My only condition is that these resources should be verified and factual. ;)

As you'd expect commemorating the centenary is a major feature of the proms, so here's another one:

Prom 41: Lest We Forget

Featuring music from three promising young composers- one British, one Australian and one German- killed on the Somme and the eastern front, as well as Vaughn Williams' Pastoral Symphony inspired by his experiences in the war.

Thought I'd make a contribution or two.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=102891

This is an oldie but goodie, as it were - focusing primarily on the Austro-Hungarian perspective as they turn the tables on the Russians in Galicia in 1914. With the basically non-stop Austria-Hungary bashing that occurs 95% of WWI timelines (even the CP Victories, I swear...), it's just awesome to see them perform as excellently as they do here. There's also interesting use of the morale factor in here; part of the reason the KuK is able to turn things around in Galicia is that once the Russians start losing battles, pessimism and excessive caution start to set in among Russian commanders, which causes them to make more mistakes that lead to more defeats in a vicious cycle. Also, over on the Western Front, the Germans take Ypres due to the British commander there getting too skittish and pulling back to the Canal Line, which causes King Albert of Belgium to think the war is hopeless, and the British and French have to start making ill-advised moves to try and keep Belgium in the fighting. It's abandoned (although the war was mostly over) and kind of dry, but still a great read.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=176677

And here's a timeline that takes a third way out of the war, with the Christmas Truce of 1914 leading to mutinies in all three armies on the Western Front that hasten the end of the war. Now, this may just be the most heartwarming timeline I've ever read on this site, and all I can say is that I'd be proud to live in a world where the Great Powers were on the verge of self-immolation as they were, only for the common soldier to rise up and say no. We write about so many wars on this website, some historical, some fictional and driven by butterflies, but how often do we really stop to think about the average conscript just marching on like sheep to the slaughter? This story forces not only the generals and politicians of the timeline to consider that perspective, but the reader as well. It's easy to get jaded reading timeline after timeline filled with war after war where the actual participants are just statistics, but this timeline serves as a welcome counterpoint.

As August draws to a close, I'd like to ask you guys:

Could you share any good online sources on WWI that I might have previously overlooked ?

I'd be really interested in seeing some new ones. :cool: :)