The Sunne in Splendour: A War of the Roses Timeline

That would be a scandal, but it's not like the spider can't press the pope for an annulment of the first marriage and a recognition of the second
I mean, that's assuming he still wants the English alliance, and that Warwick doesn't absolutely implode upon hearing of the scandal.

Warwick stayed faithful to edward after his wedding for some years OTL, so...
It was revealed in 1466, and he didn't go to the wedding, and was rumoured to have become sympathetic to the Lancastrians in 1467, so it looks like he was plotting during that time. But that is a valid point.

It was revealed in 1466, and he didn't go to the wedding, and was rumoured to have become sympathetic to the Lancastrians in 1467, so it looks like he was plotting during that time. But that is a valid point.
The wedding was revealed in 1464, bro

Elizabeth W was crowned in 1465 and their first child was born in 1466.

I mean, that's assuming he still wants the English alliance, and that Warwick doesn't absolutely implode upon hearing of the scandal.
I think he would still want an English alliance. I think he'd be offended, but would demand that his sister, and his sister alone, be recognized as queen of England.

I think he would still want an English alliance. I think he'd be offended, but would demand that his sister, and his sister alone, be recognized as queen of England.
Yeah, France and Warwick would probably say the marriage with Elizabeth is a sham. Don't know what Edward would say though.

Yeah, France and Warwick would probably say the marriage with Elizabeth is a sham. Don't know what Edward would say though.
I honestly doubt Edward would choose Elizabeth in this scenario, so she would probably be known as the Summer Queen of England, because she only lasted for a summer or something.

I honestly doubt Edward would choose Elizabeth in this scenario, so she would probably be known as the Summer Queen of England, because she only lasted for a summer or something.
Summer Queen of England reminds me Summer Queen of Scotland and we all know what happened to her.

(Interestingly, the SQS was another Madeleine of Valois)

Summer Queen of England reminds me Summer Queen of Scotland and we all know what happened to her.

(Interestingly, the SQS was another Madeleine of Valois)
Oh that could work. Elizabeth tragically dying soon after the wedding and freeing up Edward for Madeleine? Count me in