The Sunne in Splendour: A War of the Roses Timeline

Love the actor choices, specially Blanche's!
Blanche's was a long difficult fight in my hesd between Alicia and an Italian actress named Francesca del Fa, but I think I made the right decision in the end.

If anyone is curious:
images (49).jpeg

I think she'd make a good older Blanche, but we'll see.

Announced cast for the movie The Red Queen based on the controversial book by Philippa Gregoy, which details the life of Blanche of Lancaster, Queen Consort of England.

Alicia von Rittberg as Blanche of Lancaster
eli1-060521-2069-a-1500x1900-2.jpg

Amanda Hale as Margaret Beaufort
p01ccphl.jpg

Jamie Blackley as Richard of York
13b8d0c09a1846e5f91cdf5dc39daf1417602041.jpg

Juno Temple as Beatriz de Viseu
6da287925c089b41df9148b4a717947e.jpg

Michelle Fairley as Magdalena of France
sd-aspect-1492266039-wps1-101-061716-1488-a-6x4.jpg

Louis Patridge as Edmund of Clarence
b7c09a348603b9f5666ced99192b7fe7ca297046.jpg

Rebecca Benson as Margaret of Clarence
55214c34f899d7f8bb72b9d11bf73ffde3a77803.jpg

Benedict Cumberbatch as Richard of Gloucester
MV5BMjE2NzI5NjQ1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTMwNDUxMDI@._V1_.jpg

Matilda Lutz as Catherine Woodville
afcec3e82b73bf0a389bb36029ce6f46.png
So you will be using otl people throughout the tl?

Announced cast for part 2 of the hit tv show, The White Queen.

Lily-Rose Depp as Isabella Gordon
004-Lily-RoseDepp-VogueInt-10Oct19-GettyImages.jpg

Letícia Colin as Ana de França
3-leticia-colin-leopoldina-.jpg

Tom Hughes as João de Portugal
MV5BZTgzNGVhNWQtNjdjMy00MGRkLWE0MmQtMjY3MzMxMzE0OTc2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQxMTIxMTk@._V1_.jpg

Giulia Gayoso as Ana de Mendonça
Giulia-Gayoso-e-princesa-Isabel-em-Nos-Tempos-do-Imperador-Divulgacao-Globo.jpg

Freya Mavor as Bess Plantagenet
673e114627baf4d6dfa342cadeae4f66.jpg

Faye Marsey as Grace Plantagenet
c8def01dec038aca54ca22c9f396f27a--faye-marsay-tv-series-.jpg

Eddie Redmayne as Arthur Plantagenet
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f32646f3945464f4363676c636a773d3d2d3736383737393731342e3135623838323461666336396530356433373938383636353834352e6a7067

Adrian Turner as Frañsez of Brittany
aidan-turner-poldark.jpg

UPDATE: List now includes the actors who will be playing the York children, as the rumours about their aging-up have been confirmed.

Timothée Chalamet as Ned of Eltham
the-king-netflix-november.jpg

Elinor Crawley as Magdalene of York
56f5ff0b301ef44cca387aaeec8f18a8.jpg

Suki Waterhouse as Cecily of York
10356f1990bf739a211c28c6ebb2a3fa5c381af6.jpg

Ruby Stokes as Catherine of York
francesca-bridgerton.jpg
Here @Victoria

December 1481.
December 1481. Westminster Palace, England.

His grooms moved about him in silence, fingers able as they dressed him up like a babe. They helped Ned into a dark blue doublet, the colour of royal mourning for his deceased father and tied up the laces of his pants. As they worked, Ned slipped on his shoes, moulding his feet into the tight leather crakows and shrugged on a heavy surcoat lined with dark fur.

His heart raced and he acted slowly as they brushed his hair, brown tresses falling to his chin. Only when Walter Herbert offered him three rings on a velvet pillow did he move, slipping them into his fingers. Then, he looked at his hand, feeling as if the jewellery burned him. He knew those rings well, and had seen them in his father's hand for his entire life. Three rings. Three rings that once belonged to his sire and were now his as the King of England.

It was a difficult thought to process. His father was dead. Ned was now King Edward V. The destiny that he had been seeking for his entire life was now his and he wasn't expecting it. His father had been sick, he was called from Wales for that reason alone and yet, Ned truly thought he would recover. Father was a bear; nay, a lion and in the stories, the rumbling lions would wake up and make everything better.

Ned felt as if he was drowning and no one could help him. He was the king now, despite being only sixteen. It didn’t feel fair, somewhat, to ascend to the crown at such a young age. His father was not even forty when he died. Surely, a king such as Edward IV deserved to see old age, to see his first grandchild be born, to see a trueborn grandson bear his name. It felt strange that a king such as Ned’s uncle Louis could live to his sixties, and see through two strokes and still live, whereas Ned’s father was taken so soon. So suddenly.

Edmund Dudley offered him a black hat, rather simple despite the large pendant with a tear-shaped pearl pinned to its front. Ned stuffed it over his head himself, hands cold, but clammy still. He was the king now. Him. Not anyone else.

Time to start acting like it. Kings did not cry for their fathers. Kings put on a happy face and pretended everything was fine.

He stepped out of his bedchambers and the first person he saw outside was his uncle Richard, bowing respectfully before him. His uncle had gotten much different since he saw him last, years before Father grew ill. He was much sicker, and had come to rely on a cane to move around because of his bad back. It was a wonder he even thought to appear at court. Ned hesitated, unable to notice that his uncle was wearing a simple black garment, before he smiled.

“Uncle,” he exclaimed, continuing his walk, “I hope you did not wake up too early to see me.”

“It is never too early to see your family, Your Grace,” Uncle Richard responded, falling into step behind him.

“If I am your family, then you must stop calling me ‘Your Grace’, uncle,” Ned responded. He shook his head. “I swear, mother is much the same. She insists on bowing every time I come into the same room as her. Says it’s protocol.”

“The Dowager Queen has been raised to be royal,” his uncle replied. “Some would say it’s in her blood, as is in yours, Your Grace.” Ned shook his head and they continued walking down the corridors, the people stepping out of his way to bow. “If your family doesn’t respect you, Your Grace, then who will?”

“I believe my family would be better at respecting me if they respected my wishes,” said Ned. “Mother has already given the Queen’s rooms to Blanche, despite my opposition!”

“Your Grace, allow me to remind you that the Queen of England is now your wife, not your mother,” Uncle replied. “By stepping out of the way, your lady mother shows respect to Queen Blanche.” Ned shook his head and continued to walk, his uncle struggling beside him. “Your Grace, wait. Your Gra-Edward. Edward!” Ned stopped, looking back. “Ned. Ned.” Uncle Richard grabbed his arm boldly, making him look in his eyes. Blue eyes, much like his. “Ned, talk to me.”

"Talk to you about what?" Ned asked. He didn't meet his uncle's gaze, preferring instead to look at his nose so he wouldn't be offended.

"You didn't cry about your father's passing," Uncle murmured. "Not even once."

"Did my father cry when my grandfather died?" Ned asked.

Uncle Richard nodded. "He did," he said. "We were all devastated when your grandfather died." Ned looked away, unable to handle the expression on his uncle's face. The pity and the sorrow both, mixed together.

It was then that he saw her. The tall Scottish woman with the angular features, hiding her face in her hands as she wept. Wearing clothes of obvious mourning, as if she had any right to them. Ned turned back to his uncle.

"What is she still doing here?" he hissed out sharply. His uncle moved to look at the Dowager Countess and his face shifted in disgust, possibly because he had been the one whose wife brought the whore to court.

"I don't know," Uncle Richard said.

"Send her away," Ned ordered. "I don't want to see her ever again."

"Are you sure?" Uncle asked. "What about your sisters? Will they go with her as well?"

"Her bastards are not my sisters," Ned said. "Send this woman away. Let her go back to Scotland for all I care. I don't want to see her in my court."

Uncle Richard nodded. "Very well, Your Grace," he said.

--

Prague, Bohemia.

The Queen's ladies watched with apprehension as she laboured. They had chosen that day to tell Her Grace of her lord father's passing, an information that caused her waters to break in shock. The midwives flew around her, rushing to help the wife of their king and the young women that helped her did not know what to do. They were too young, had never produced children of their own, and were named to attend the Queen by King Maximilian for His Grace thought she needed young company to keep her happy.

Thankfully, the midwives were experienced and assisted the Queen in producing her baby. It was nearly Vespers when at last a cry ringed out, hearty and hale and all the ladies breathed out a sigh of relief. Thank the Virgin, they thought. The King had an heir at last.

"A boy, Your Grace," the principal midwife murmured. "Healthy as a bull." Magdalene cried in relief, stretching her arms forward to take the child. They placed her son over her chest, his dark hair seemingly covering every inch of his round and soft hand. The Queen thought it necessary to see for herself the gender, examining between her child's legs and cried again when she saw that they were correct.

A boy. She pressed a kiss to her son's slimy forehead. Thanks be to God.

"He shall be Albrecht," Magdalene declares. "After the first Bohemian king from the House of Austria." And one day, he might even become King of England.

Let's hope Ned can process his grief and sadness for his father's passing in a healthy manner. And that he moves from his dismissal of his half-sisters, he never showcased that animosity towards Arthur, Bess or Grace, let's hope it extends to the rest as well when time passes.

And yes! the House of Habsburg has been secured more! A future HRE has been born with Plantagenet blood! Let's hope this is the first of many children for Max and Mag.

Let's hope Ned can process his grief and sadness for his father's passing in a healthy manner. And that he moves from his dismissal of his half-sisters, he never showcased that animosity towards Arthur, Bess or Grace, let's hope it extends to the rest as well when time passes.
Arthur, Bess or Grace weren't conceived when his mother was already married.

Arthur, Bess or Grace weren't conceived when his mother was already married.
Fair enough, but still blood is blood and family is family. They certainly could be of use to cement alliances in the future with marriages.

And i hope we will see more of Max and Mag.

"He shall be Albrecht," Magdalene declares. "After the first Bohemian king from the House of Austria." And one day, he might even become King of England.
That requires a whole lot of death, Mags. Hopefully your brothers won’t perish for that to happen
"Her bastards are not my sisters," Ned said. "Send this woman away. Let her go back to Scotland for all I care. I don't want to see her in my court."
A bit harsh, Ned

Fair enough, but still blood is blood and family is family. They certainly could be of use to cement alliances in the future with marriages.

And i hope we will see more of Max and Mag.
He has plenty of siblings. He DOSE NOT need to bound with the bastards that his father conceived with the woman he left their mother for. Maybe that’s why I don’t like Isabelle because she reminds me of the “ poor mistress “ trope where we the audience are made to feel sorry for her even though SHE is the one that had a relationship and kids with a married man! I have read many stories on this trope and I hope @pandizzy subverts expectations.

Poor Ned, still a nice heart to heart talk with his uncle Richard, I get the feeling he'll prove quite the mentor to his young nephew. I'm not surprised that Edward sent the dowager countess away, her presence had hurt his mother after all, and he's being generous in allowing her to take her daughters with her, even if that's not his intent. I'm glad at least Madgalene and her son seem healthy, hopefully this will provide a bit of a distraction from the news of her father's death. Lovely writing!

Maybe that’s why I don’t like Isabelle because she reminds me of the “ poor mistress “ trope where we the audience are made to feel sorry for her even though SHE is the one that had a relationship and kids with a married man! I have read many stories on this trope and I hope @pandizzy subverts expectations.
I personally don't feel sorry for her.