The Spirit of Salamis- A Short Allied Victory in Crete TL

-Thanks to this situation, and with the 1st Airborne Division being available for Churchill for a politically expedient drop in the waning moment of the conflict due to not having been sent to Arnhem, the WAllies managed to beat the Soviets to Vienna and Prague ITTL. This would set the stage for Austria to join the Western Bloc and leave Czecoslovakia's status in a bit of a blur...

-Unsatisfied with the country's fuzzy status between East and West and seemingly heading toward Finlandization, the Soviets prevailed on the Czechoslovak Communists to launch the ITTL equivalent of the Prague Coup, which failed and pushed Prague westward instead after a tense diplomatic-military standoff between Moscow and Washington won by the later. Just like in OTL, it would set the stage for the creation of both NATO and the Warsaw Pact.
I've always thought that if the Allies got to Prague, the Soviet Union might decide to have the Slovak Communists declare independence thus creating a pro-West Czech Republic/Czechia and pro-Soviet Slovakian People's Republic (or either People's Republic of Slovakia Slovakian Democratic Republic). But that is an idea for my own different WWII/Cold War that will probably never leave the planning stage in my head.

Thanks for the work on this timeline even though it got short-circuited by RL.