The Road To Willa Cather Landing: GPUR General Election 2012

Will tell us more about the recent elections soon?

Terranova, please keep in mind that Chip has a job that demands a lot of his time and energy, and I'm sure he has family obligations as well. It's not easy to create and write, whether you have plenty of time, a little or none at all. Chip will post whenever he has a story to tell and the time to write it out.

Deleted member 82792

Terranova, please keep in mind that Chip has a job that demands a lot of his time and energy, and I'm sure he has family obligations as well. It's not easy to create and write, whether you have plenty of time, a little or none at all. Chip will post whenever he has a story to tell and the time to write it out.
Okay. Thanks. Sorry.

Deleted member 82792

Here's a few questions for "Wacky Redhead Day":

Is there anything like Nickelodeon ITTL? And what about Nicktoons like Rugrats, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, SpongeBob SquarePants, Fairly Odd-Parents, Danny Phantom, the Angry Beavers and Avatar TLA/Legend of Korra?

How is Diaclone different from TOTL Transformers? And what were the live action movies like ITTL?

Was a TV show like Sliders ever made ITTL? And what are the OTL actors doing?

I know science fiction is a big thing in this setting? But what about Fantasy? Is there anything like Game of Thrones?

Or what about Westerns? I can imagine that genre would be popular in Texas, Nevada and SWC. What can you tell us about Zorro, the Lone Ranger, the Galaxy Rangers and the Cowboys of Moo Mesa ITTL?

Did Jim Henson work on any movies like Labyrinth or the Dark Crystal?

What are the most popular video games ITTL? And is there anything like Tomb Raider, Bioshock and Assassin's Creed?

What is the 'Boys of Wichita' about?

What other actors appeared on 'Longhorn 1'?

What aliens did they have on Space Quest?

What are some of the newest TV shows and movies of 2016? And what can we expect in 2017?

Was a movie like Independence Day made ITTL?

What new books have been released recently?

Was a sci-fi comedy movie like Galaxy Quest ever made ITTL? Or something as bad as bad as Battlefield Earth?

Are there any 'Christmas movies' like Die Hard or Home Alone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 82792

Here's a few questions for "Wacky Redhead Day":

Is there anything like Nickelodeon ITTL? And what about Nicktoons like Rugrats, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, SpongeBob SquarePants, Fairly Odd-Parents, Danny Phantom, the Angry Beavers and Avatar TLA/Legend of Korra?

How is Diaclone different from TOTL Transformers? And what were the live action movies like ITTL?

Was a TV show like Sliders ever made ITTL? And what are the OTL actors doing?

I know science fiction is a big thing in this setting? But what about Fantasy? Is there anything like Game of Thrones?

Or what about Westerns? I can imagine that genre would be popular in Texas, Nevada and SWC. What can you tell us about Zorro, the Lone Ranger, the Galaxy Rangers and the Cowboys of Moo Mesa ITTL?

What are the most popular video games ITTL? And is there anything like Tomb Raider, Bioshock and Assassin's Creed?

What other actors appeared on 'Longhorn 1'?

What aliens did they have on Space Quest?

What are some of the newest TV shows and movies of 2016? And what can we expect in 2017?

Was a sci-fi comedy movie like Galaxy Quest ever made ITTL? Or something as bad as bad as Battlefield Earth?

Are there any 'Christmas movies' like Die Hard or Home Alone?

Here are some answers that Chip provided via PM:

There is. It's called DIC-TV. It's a French-based network that has been a clearing house for a lot of European animated fare. It was one of the first major acquisitions for QJ/MJ as they began to serious push to build the communications empire it is now.

Mainly in three areas.
1. Many of the original Japanese names of the robots either are interchangeable or are the code name ex: Optimus Prime is also called "Convoy".
2. The story has stayed rather simple. A lot of the added storylines of the comic books and the later television series/movies
3. Much like the Star Wars novel universe IOTL, the Diaclone saga has spawned some execellent novelizations. The most recent is called Vessel's Crusade. It is the story of an Autobot called Vessel who crash landed on earth along the shores of Cape Cod. The robot's servos, systems and memory were kept intact through the 1960s and the frame and body were rebuilt into what would become the UCS Robert Gould Shaw. And where the Cybertronian intelligence would work in tandem with a brave human who would become legend.

Was a TV show like
Sliders ever made ITTL?
The show was never made here

No exactly but fantasy shows have done pretty wel. The style of storytelling you see of Game of Thrones has permeated a number of series, including GoT's ITTL version doing a modern day version called "Game of Sceptres" which deal with what I could describe as: The 1980s an Industrial-Confederate alliance

Or what about Westerns? I can imagine that genre would be popular in Texas, Nevada and SWC.

Western and tales of the pre-breakup West are still popular, the major inference is the stories and characters delved more into a Multicultural story of the times. Heroes and legends tend tell a more balanced story, and native voices are a greater part of it (ex: the Lone Ranger is a sidekick. Tonto is the man here)

No. Jim did the bulk of his work building Sesame Street and given the struggle he had to go through to build it and maintain it, there was plenty there to keep him busy.

However many of his apprentices who have come through his workshop through the years have built project similar to the favorites you know

Oh and ITTL, Miss Piggy is also known as "Miss Kermit". She's and most of the Muppet crew are a part of the expanded Sesame Street universe.

What are the most popular video games ITTL?

Top 10 for the Holiday Season

1. Shakedown: Buckhead District (Rockstar)
2. Assassin's Creed: Sacrifice (Ubisoft)
3. Go For The Gold 2016 (Grinnell GameWorks)
4. BartLiz MechaCombat Simulator (California Arts)
5. The Show: Formula 1 Simulator (Rockstar)
6. Castle Stromhold (Commodore Games)
7. Call of Duty: Kennedy's Crusade(Grinnell GameWorks)
8. Donkey Kong 4K (Nintendo)
9. Fast and Furious North America (Microsoft/Sony)
10. Climate War 2075 (Rockstar)

And is there anything like Tomb Raider? Yes, and MMDT Dreamwork's software arms is producing a "reboot" in 2017 and Assassin's Creed? Yes, the newest Assassin Creed "Assassin's Creed: Sacrifice" set in early years of the Black Fist Armed Struggle is a best seller for the PTs and consoles this Christmas

The loves and scheming as Four single smart, attractive twenty-something aircraft engineers painting Flightown, GPUR red. (think of a cross of Big Bang Theory dorky with Supernatural huskiness)

What other actors appeared on 'Longhorn 1'? That's a post to itself

What aliens did they have on Space Quest? That's a post to itself

What are some of the newest TV shows and movies of 2016?
The Oscars will s wide open. The next installment of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" saga is continuing to be strong year for Scandinavian fare in media.

The joint STN-Siouxland show "Occupied" was a top 5 show

And what can we expect in 2017?
Peace Day will have something we'll have a sequel to "Skynet" which was pretty cool. There's another Godzilla film to come out.
But what interests me is. A cheeky reboot: The Avengers. No, not the Marvel ones, which was written by Joanna Lumley, directed by David Tennant.

I saw the trailer when I went to see "Any Given Sunday" on Christmas Eve.
I didn't think Adam Sandler could pull off a gritty sports film. I was wrong

No.

Fiction pick of the week: Cissie Undead By Laurel K. Hamilton (The Confederates have a vampire in their CSS who has gone rogue. the only people who can stop the threat, Anita Blake and her team within the PID's Extranormal Investigations Branch, are your Plainsian enemy but are the best in the world. When you're desperate, Who you gonna call?)

Non-Fiction Pick of the Week: Old and Bold by Dr. Richard Starkey
A round table discussion and oral history of man's road to the Moon, featuring candid interviews and stories from each of the surviving early astronauts and cosmonauts around the world. The noted Oxford anthropologist weaves a great group of stories into a thrilling read for the space cadet in us all.

Was a sci-fi comedy movie like
Galaxy Quest ever made? Not as a movie, but has a spoofy campy TV series a la "Police Squad"

Are there any 'Christmas movies' like Die Hard or Home Alone? Not exactly like those no. A lot of the classic we love still got made, especially A Christmas Movie, which is still a staple of the Christmas season, still funny but with a major twist. It is story of Ralphie and his neighbor family, who were black Confederate refugees.

Catching Up In A Few Days (TLIAD style)
Chipperback, where the hell have you been?

Professor Rochelle, you have a wife and twins...and you are worried about me, LOL!

And today, I'm glad wifey has an SUV!

Snow?

Big Snow, man. Omaha got a foot.

Nice day to bake cookies, huh?

Jill and I did that today and we planned a little first birthday things for the twins.

IT'S A YEAR ALREADY!

Yep! I the best present you can give the twins is GET TO WRITING, SON!

Okay, Prof. I'm on it....I see you are wearing that Wellstone-Stringer sweatshort.

Needed something to throw on, why not wear a winner across your chest.

I guess election night was less stressful?

Wellstone did better than 2012. Won the prelim vote in a walk...and defeated Thune 55-45 in the runoff.

Thune?

Yeah, he snuck past Sebelius thanks to the votes in Oklahoma and Nebraska, but he was dead in the water in the runoff.

But what about those protesting kids?

A lot of young folks kinda came to their senses, especially with what the Confederates did in Europe, and what they tried to do before the election

What?

Damn Russians got caught trying to hack the Elections Bureau computers!

GTHOOH!

Straight dope, Chipperback. Putin and Gingrich used some hackers here to try and mess with the vote. Some strange Westboro Baptist types.

Westboro Baptist? Is that still a thing?

It's trying to be.

What about the other election?

The Industrials? Boy, that's a bigger mess than the twins' diapers some days

Somebody won? Right?

Not yet. Nobody won that Electoral College thing. So now they are horse-trading in their legislature.

So, who is running their country?

The Vice President over there is the acting President. I hope she learned some lessons from her husband. She definitely needs a game plan, especially against that damn Trump News Channel. They've been on her ass and on that Secretary of State's ass about arms deals with The Movement...And if that ain't bad enough, there is Alaska.

What happened there.

Well lets see. Disputed election...Some Neo-Gringrich crackpot won after their courts ruled that the Indigenous parties couldn't run. Murkowski got snookered, and what you have is Confederate, Chinese, court dates, a schism in their military....and get this....an Esk-it!

Esk-it?

It seems Point Barrow didn't want to join Maine West, so they have declared their intent to breakaway. Which means they have a shooting war brewing?

No shit?

No shit...HONEY! It's your turn to change the kids!

Speaking of that, I gotta go. The boss is calling. Chipperback, please...try to find a way not to blow us up, especially with this great basketball season going on. Best Omaha U team since '84.

The "Dean The Dream" Season.

Of course!

Deleted member 82792

Anything like the Great Wall being made in Free China or the PRC?

Deleted member 82792

Do you think something similar to Samurai Jack could have been made ITTL?

Deleted member 82792

Answer to both no and no
Okay, thanks.:oops:

So, how things going so far in your TL? What's the latest TV shows and movies to come up in 2017? And how are people reacting the latest international political changes?

I just thought of something. Do international flights avoid flying over Confederate airspace as much as possible?

Considering that the Confederates are a bunch of psychotic wackjobs that pull deadly stunts to make up for internal weaknesses, I would guess that they would eventually get to shooting down planes. One of the scariest things imaginable would be if you were a Plansian-African, and your plane crashes in the middle of CSA territory.

Also, on a related subject, do the IRNA and the LSR have formidable merchant marine? If the CSA are the belligerent madmen you describe, they probably would have menaced shipping in the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico more than once. I bet the shipping lanes in those region are protected with aircraft carriers if the CSA is that crazy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 82792

I just thought of something. Do international flights avoid flying over Confederate airspace as much as possible?

Considering that the Confederates are a bunch of psychotic wackjobs that pull deadly stunts to make up for internal weaknesses, I would guess that they would eventually get to shooting down planes. One of the scariest things imaginable would be if you were a Plansian-African, and your plane crashes in the middle of CSA territory.

Also, on a related subject, do the IRNA and the LSR have formidable merchant marine? If the CSA are the belligerent madmen you describe, they probably would have menaced shipping in the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico more than once. I bet the shipping lanes in those region are protected with aircraft carriers if the CSA is that crazy.

Yeah, this is a pretty good question.

Deleted member 82792

Sounds like the plot of a great movie.