The Road To Willa Cather Landing: GPUR General Election 2012

Deleted member 82792

I know Power Rangers doesn't exist ITTL, but what can you tell us about the cast members from this movie?:

Dacre Montgomery

Naomi Scott

RJ Cyler

Becky G

Ludi Lin

Bryan Cranston

Bill Hader

Elizabeth Banks

Edit: Answers can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 82792

Sullivan Stapleton: A former ANZAC soldier who became mercenary fighting for a pro-CSA government in South America. Currently DEAD. He's one of the many bodies "Team 34" left behind in Venezuela. He was working closely with the mercenary Will Smith.

Deleted member 82792

I just watched Baywatch today, and I was wondering if the franchise exists in the RGC or HPC:

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 82792

In the media environment of this timeline something this schlocky would be a massive fail

But that didn't mean Baywatch wasn't made. It was...

But it was far from "jiggle TV"
Was it more of a drama series or something?

For that in-universe movie, 1955, here is how I think the trailer would go, which I based off this old post about Mr. Little:

Trailer:

(Shot of a young black child being bullied and picked on by a bunch of racist white kids. He forlornly walks up to his father).

Young Malcolm: Papa, why can't we just leave.

Rev. Earl Little (firmly): When evil comes, we won't let it drive us out. This land is mine. This area is mine. I have the Lord with me. Whom I shall fear.

(Various shots of Malcolm's teenage and young adult years, showing his rise to prosperity. Next shot is Malcolm shaking hands with the head of the Omaha law firm)

Law Firm Owner: Welcome to (name of law firm) Mr. Little.

(Malcolm chuckles)

Law Firm Owner: What?

Malcolm Little: You're the first white man not to call me "boy".

(Shot of Little enjoying the perks of being a lawyer, the next shot if Malcolm sitting at a desk when a friend slams a newspaper down on the desk)

Friend: Those crackers don't quit do they.

(Malcolm looks down, reads the article headline REPORTS OF BLACK GENOCIDE IN CSA. Shot cuts to a black family being chased by a bunch of white hoods. Cut back to Malcolm at his desk. He looks up, his face full of revolve)

(Harold Stassen angrily throws a newspaper on his desk)

Harold Stassen: This Little doesn't understand compromise.

(Footage of Malcolm and PANR people marching down Omaha, chanting slogans)

Harold Stassen: He keeps making noise, he'll bring us into a war.

(Cut to Malcolm, speaking before the Unicameral)

Malcolm: What will our choice be as a nation? Will we stand for dignity, freedom, and human rights...

(cut to images of GPUR soldiers consoling young black refugees)

Malcolm: Or will we hesitate? We will ignore? Will we withdraw claiming we make no choice, while realizing inaction is a choice?

(cut to a poster of Strom Thurmond, and an image of black men hung from trees).

Malcolm: We are Plainsians. We are people that have said we will walk freedom's road. We've preached it, now we must prove it.

(Cut to Harold Stassen meeting with Strom Thurmond it London, the latter giving him a hateful look)

Strom Thurmond: Are you gonna risk your nation, Stassen for a bunch of nigras, or are you gonna stand with the white man?

(Stassen gives him a very angry look)

(Various shots of the Mid-American War, policemen beating black protesters with batons, a black family trying to hide, and finally, Malcolm in military attire, standing before him a battlefield)

(Cut to black)

(1955)

Last edited:

Deleted member 82792

For that in-universe movie, 1955, here is how I think the trailer would go, which I based off this old post about Mr. Little:

Trailer:

(Shot of a young black child being bullied and picked on by a bunch of racist white kids. He forlornly walks up to his father).

Young Malcolm: Papa, why can't we just leave.

Rev. Earl Little (firmly): When evil comes, we won't let it drive us out. This land is mine. This area is mine. I have the Lord with me. Whom I shall fear.

(Various shots of Malcolm's teenage and young adult years, showing his rise to prosperity. Next shot is Malcolm shaking hands with the head of the Omaha law firm)

Law Firm Owner: Welcome to (name of law firm) Mr. Little.

(Malcolm chuckles)

Law Firm Owner: What?

Malcolm Little: You're the first white man not to call me "boy".

(Shot of Little enjoying the perks of being a lawyer, the next shot if Malcolm sitting at a desk when a friend slams a newspaper down on the desk)

Friend: Those crackers don't quit do they.

(Malcolm looks down, reads the article headline REPORTS OF BLACK GENOCIDE IN CSA. Shot cuts to a black family being chased by a bunch of white hoods. Cut back to Malcolm at his desk. He looks up, his face full of revolve)

Harold Stassen: This Little is just another uppity nigger, looking to stir up trouble.

(Footage of Malcolm and PANR people marching down Omaha, chanting slogans)

Harold Stassen: We need to shut him up.

(Cut to Malcolm, speaking before the Unicameral)

Malcolm: What will our choice be as a nation? Will we stand for dignity, freedom, and human rights...

(cut to images of GPUR soldiers consoling young black refugees)

Malcolm: Or will we hesitate? We will ignore? Will we withdraw claiming we make no choice, while realizing inaction is a choice?

(cut to a poster of Strom Thurmond, and an image of black men hung from trees).

Malcolm: We are Plainsians. We are people that have said we will walk freedom's road. We've preached it, now we must prove it.

(Cut to Harold Stassen meeting with Strom Thurmond it London, the latter giving him a hateful look)

Strom Thurmond: Are you gonna risk your nation, Stassen for a bunch of nigras, or are you gonna stand with the white man?

(Stassen gives him a very angry look)

(Various shots of the Mid-American War, policemen beating black protesters with batons, a black family trying to hide, and finally, Malcolm in military attire, standing before him a battlefield)

(Cut to black)

(1955)

Epic. Are there any other trailers that you know of?

Deleted member 82792

I'll have to re-read that. When I do, we'll see.

But was my trailer good enough, you could see the images in your head?
Yes I could. You have a gift. If you could find photos to go with it, that would be fine. Or not, up to you.

Harold Stassen: This Little is just another uppity nigger, looking to stir up trouble.

President Stassen would NEVER say such a thing, even in the privacy of Willa Cather Landing.

Stassen, much like his predecessor, George Norris, was strongly pro-human rights.
Much of Stassen's early ambivalence towards PANR was more due to concerns over what their actions could do to intensify the tensions between the GPUR and the CSA. A common thread among the leaders of the two frontline parties in the GPUR worries over a protracted war between the GPUR and the rapidly growing military might of the CSA, which was heavily rearming with the aid of refugee Nazi German weapons, aerospace and industrial experts.

By the time of the Freedom Road address, we have had one Plansian-Confederate armed conflict (1948-1949) and narrow adverted a second in the Oklahoma Airlift crisis in 1954. Both crises, the continue intelligence on the CSA's defense build up and the concerns over the status of other Free North American nations in regards to the issue with the CSA drove Stassen's decisions.

As frustrated as Stassen and opposition PFL Unicameral Leader Harry Truman were on the PANR's direct action campaign , a third voice compelled them both meet with Little and hear his concerns. In September 1954, Lease Lobby Unicameral Leader Henry Wallace organized a meeting between themselves and Malcolm Little.

He looks me in the eye, not with the rolling cadence of a black preacher on Sunday, but with the cool, mathematical approach of a scientist.

"Mr. President, the question here is what will the history say, and what will the world say about our nation? What we say about ourselves?

We as Plainsians have put forth the struggle and the pain to build a nation for ourselves. To build a national consciousness.

You, Mister President and Mister Norris before you went beyond the narrow constraints of colonial thought and make a break from the past. I am a beneficiary of that break from the past. I am product of that national consciousness you and you Mr. Truman...and you Mr. Wallace have fought to build.

Mr. Norris worked with my father and many like him, through frustration, through distrust, and and opened the doors to black men and women, and red men and women.

We proclaimed before the world who we are as a people.

Now, providence calls us to stand up again. To stand up against tyranny at our door, again. To stand up against genocide.

When we saw genocide in Europe, we did not hesitate. We acted! The disease is here in North America now. I will fight and we must fight that disease by all means necessary.

If we do not, it will embolden Richmond. It will embolden the reactionary forces in Washington. It will embolden tyranny across our continent. Freedom and human dignity will fall like so many dominoes.

Gentlemen, we are at the crossroads. Do we take Freedom's Road, or do we fall meekly into a darkness we may never find our way clear of?"

(Malcolm Little quoted in Governor Boy to Presidential Man, by Harold Stassen (c) 1991 University of Minnesota Press)

President Stassen would NEVER say such a thing, even in the privacy of Willa Cather Landing.

Stassen, much like his predecessor, George Norris, was strongly pro-human rights.
Much of Stassen's early ambivalence towards PANR was more due to concerns over what their actions could do to intensify the tensions between the GPUR and the CSA. A common thread among the leaders of the two frontline parties in the GPUR worries over a protracted war between the GPUR and the rapidly growing military might of the CSA, which was heavily rearming with the aid of refugee Nazi German weapons, aerospace and industrial experts.

By the time of the Freedom Road address, we have had one Plansian-Confederate armed conflict (1948-1949) and narrow adverted a second in the Oklahoma Airlift crisis in 1954. Both crises, the continue intelligence on the CSA's defense build up and the concerns over the status of other Free North American nations in regards to the issue with the CSA drove Stassen's decisions.

As frustrated as Stassen and opposition PFL Unicameral Leader Harry Truman were on the PANR's direct action campaign , a third voice compelled them both meet with Little and hear his concerns. In September 1954, Lease Lobby Unicameral Leader Henry Wallace organized a meeting between themselves and Malcolm Little.

He looks me in the eye, not with the rolling cadence of a black preacher on Sunday, but with the cool, mathematical approach of a scientist.

"Mr. President, the question here is what will the history say, and what will the world say about our nation? What we say about ourselves?

We as Plainsians have put forth the struggle and the pain to build a nation for ourselves. To build a national consciousness.

You, Mister President and Mister Norris before you went beyond the narrow constraints of colonial thought and make a break from the past. I am a beneficiary of that break from the past. I am product of that national consciousness you and you Mr. Truman...and you Mr. Wallace have fought to build.

Mr. Norris worked with my father and many like him, through frustration, through distrust, and and opened the doors to black men and women, and red men and women.

We proclaimed before the world who we are as a people.

Now, providence calls us to stand up again. To stand up against tyranny at our door, again. To stand up against genocide.

When we saw genocide in Europe, we did not hesitate. We acted! The disease is here in North America now. I will fight and we must fight that disease by all means necessary.

If we do not, it will embolden Richmond. It will embolden the reactionary forces in Washington. It will embolden tyranny across our continent. Freedom and human dignity will fall like so many dominoes.

Gentlemen, we are at the crossroads. Do we take Freedom's Road, or do we fall meekly into a darkness we may never find our way clear of?"

(Malcolm Little quoted in Governor Boy to Presidential Man, by Harold Stassen (c) 1991 University of Minnesota Press)

I apologize very much. I'll edit those words as soon as I can.

Only in the IRNA is the day a national holiday. Anywhere else, the celebrations are limited to a few Reunion Leaguers here and there.

As was explained back when Biden first announced the push to "Regain The Name" Free North American nations have developed such national consciousness that the "United States of America" is a footnote of an increasingly distant past.