The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

I am only asking for these insurgencies, tribes, etc. to be added to the most up-to-date modern QBAM, not to make an entire revamp of this map, which will of course require credits to the original authors of this project, which I can give to them if you want to.
WIP.png

Just threw some out there on a stylized QBAM I made and it doesn't look too bad. Also added some personal taste stuff like the admin borders being the same color as their country/controller and different country colors. Will try and continue next time I need some idle task to do with my hands next time I'm listening to a podcast or something, but I'm also horrible at finishing maps so who knows. I'll keep ya posted.

View attachment 814280
Just threw some out there on a stylized QBAM I made and it doesn't look too bad. Also added some personal taste stuff like the admin borders being the same color as their country/controller and different country colors. Will try and continue next time I need some idle task to do with my hands next time I'm listening to a podcast or something, but I'm also horrible at finishing maps so who knows. I'll keep ya posted.
Hi, I really loved your base map style. Can I ask you to share the full map?

Crazy Boris

Banned
I have another note I'd like to give

There's nothing to really differentiate coral reefs like the ones off northern Brazil from coral atolls and islands like those in the pacific, for example, all of the Marshall Islands and most of Tuvalu. I think these islands should be given the regular coastline color to avoid confusion

I am thinking of switching from WorldA to Q-BAM, but I need these three maps:

1., A modern-day 2023 Q-BAM with coastlines, and the maximum number of administrative divisions, counties, indigenous reserves, etc.

2. A 1942 Q-BAM with coastlines.

3. A 1914 Q-BAM also with coastlines.

1., A modern-day 2023 Q-BAM with coastlines, and the maximum number of administrative divisions, counties, indigenous reserves, etc.

2. A 1942 Q-BAM with coastlines.

3. A 1914 Q-BAM also with coastlines.
If you search the thread and the QBAM historical thread you can find em

If you search the thread and the QBAM historical thread you can find em
What should I search for?

I already know of this blank one whose subdivisions are just what I am looking for, but it is uncolored (which isn't really a bad thing since I use my own color scheme), but it is from Oct 2022, I was wondering if there is a more updated, or colored version of it, but it has no colored coastlines.
I searched for 1942 on the historical thread and got this - it is great but again has no coastlines.
Also 1914 but no coastlines

What should I search for?

I already know of this blank one whose subdivisions are just what I am looking for, but it is uncolored (which isn't really a bad thing since I use my own color scheme), but it is from Oct 2022, I was wondering if there is a more updated, or colored version of it, but it has no colored coastlines.
I searched for 1942 on the historical thread and got this - it is great but again has no coastlines.
Also 1914 but no coastlines

Well colored coastlines really has only ever been done for one rendition of the modern QBAM if I’m remembering correctly. Nobody really makes those, so I’d guess that you gotta make some yourself if you need em - especially for historical maps.

This is excellent - great work! The old one was good, but I have to admit that I didn't like looking at places like Russia where its sorta just blobs with only 2 or 3 height levels. This one looks much much much better.

View attachment 805293
If you combine it with @Bob Hope's bathymetry and rivers, plus a little bit of aesthetics tweaking, I think it ends up looking really really nice.
Is this possible to have the whole world map as well please ?
I think I will choose this one as my definitive base map

Last edited:
Buryatia and other WIPS.png

Another patch for Russia. This one is just for a minor border patch with Tannu Tuva's Northern Border, Buryatia, and some attempts to deal with Irkutsk Oblast and Zabaykalsky Krai. I'm having some problems aligning it with the topography map (to be consistent), but I've ended up messing up the proportions of the districts drastically, so I've been stuck redoing it several times. I'm not sure if something is too big or too out of place on the qbam already, but I'm progressively growing more insane the more I work on it. I may take a break from Russia (and China's rivers because I can't finish the Amur basin without fixing this place), and instead focus on other things

Last edited:
Mongolia lakes.png

Added and edited some lakes in Mongolia. I would be up for adding lakes and other geographical coastlines elsewhere, so if there's one you guys want me to edit, let me know. Also, with Canada, what was the problem with the borders and projections in that case?

Last edited:
BC-AL Border Fix 1.png

Quick wip for the canada province problem where the continental divide does not link up from either the canadian and american sides, as well as lakes. Administrative divisions coming shortly

what is the most updated qbam map? also i would like it to have up to 3rd level subdivisions or more, if possible
I'd like to know if there's an updated blank map.
dfqhlxb-7c26e757-ed9f-4929-a640-46967fc2d40f.png
+ add mongolia patches

and here is my two edited version of map, one is blank other is first level division if anyone wants to use (its edited very basically so borders seems off in some places but it was enough for me)

Attachments

• dfqhlxb-7c26e757-ed9f-f4929-a6df40-d46er967sfc2d40f.png
    dfqhlxb-7c26e757-ed9f-f4929-a6df40-d46er967sfc2d40f.png
    390.9 KB · Views: 493
  • dfqhlxb-7c26e757-ed9f-f4929-a6df40-d46967sfc2d40f.png
    dfqhlxb-7c26e757-ed9f-f4929-a6df40-d46967sfc2d40f.png
    446 KB · Views: 462
Hey does anyone have a latitude-longitude line map? Turns out that Canada's provincial borders are a bit off and I need to see where Albert's borders are since they run on the 110 and 120 degree lines