The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

This is excellent - great work! The old one was good, but I have to admit that I didn't like looking at places like Russia where its sorta just blobs with only 2 or 3 height levels. This one looks much much much better.

View attachment 805293
If you combine it with @Bob Hope's bathymetry and rivers, plus a little bit of aesthetics tweaking, I think it ends up looking really really nice.
Hello, your work is is impressive ! Is it possible to have the rest of the world map too ? I'm trying to do my own historical map and it would help me greatly.
Thanks

AlbertaWIP.png
AlbertaWIPBlank.png

I've decided to cut my patching of the qbam short, at least in Alberta. My mind is getting fried from it and I don't have time to do it if I am doing other projects. That being said, if someone wants to continue where I left off, I went ahead and patched the bigger lakes and a few of the larger second-level divisions. I did it with the topographic map as a second layer for consistency's sake, but if you want to do something different I have the blank map as well.
Here's the map I was using:

Can someone send the latest Q-Bam map, both not colored and colored (because i know not colored has more border related stuff and colored has more rebel and war related stuff)

Why does everyone keep ignoring me
Please stop ignoring me, i always get ignored.

Last edited:
Can someone send the latest Q-Bam map, both not colored and colored (because i know not colored has more border related stuff and colored has more rebel and war related stuff)
How detailed do you want it? Yeast's, a few pages back, has everything from reservations to drug wars to insurgencies. There's also a few patches for the Sudan conflict, too.

I've decided to cut my patching of the qbam short, at least in Alberta. My mind is getting fried from it and I don't have time to do it if I am doing other projects. That being said, if someone wants to continue where I left off, I went ahead and patched the bigger lakes and a few of the larger second-level divisions. I did it with the topographic map as a second layer for consistency's sake, but if you want to do something different I have the blank map as well.
I hear that! It's why I stopped working on QBAM stuff, too. Moving on to bigger and better projects.

I added nearly all patches that up to today to base map. I added like 90% of Russian patches made by @Sharklord1. I just didn't add 2 Far East Provinces because it mess up other province borders. I also only added Manitoba and Quebec from Canada patches because other province patches also messes up with base provinces. And those because that patches still WIP, but I tried my best to update map as possible. I also updated Transnistria, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Greece, Norway, Mongolia's internal and international borders with patches you guys made. I also planning making 1st, 2nd, 3rd... level divisions with and without native reservations, dried lakes and THICC 3.0 versions of these all too. But you can sure also make those too, I kinda bored with it and don't know if I will. Anyway, here is the updated Q-BAM map:

qbam.png

Last edited:
We are finally all done with re-doing the PRC's internals!
View attachment 782243
...or at the very least, until I or someone else fixes the deal with Qinghai/Sichuan that @bain2901 pointed out here:
I added nearly all patches that up to today to base map. I added like 90% of Russian patches made by @Sharklord1. I just didn't add 2 Far East Provinces because it mess up other province borders. I also only added Manitoba and Quebec from Canada patches because other province patches also messes up with base provinces. And those because that patches still WIP, but I tried my best to update map as possible. I also updated Transnistria, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Greece, Norway, Mongolia's internal and international borders with patches you guys made. I also planning making 1st, 2nd, 3rd... level divisions with and without native reservations, dried lakes and THICC 3.0 versions of these all too. But you can sure also make those too, I kinda bored with it and don't know if I will. Anyway, here is the updated Q-BAM map:

qbam.png
What's with the southern chinese borders? They should match up with Xasper's patch

What's with the southern chinese borders? They should match up with Xasper's patch
They match as for I see. For China, I only changed Northern Chinese borders (Russia-China) from patches you made for Mongolia and Russian East, because it was posted later than Chinese patches and the base map so I thought you updated that border. Other than this, there wasn't any patch about China so I don't remember me touching China.

Btw I used this map for base because it was most and latest up to date base map. It also comes later than Chinese patch and on previous base maps they have already included Chinese patch as for I see.
The QBAM as of today, including all the recent patches from Sharklord (Russian east), Linbot (central China), and me (Daito Islands, Scottish coast/islands, Snake Island, Alboran Sea islands), as well as the Taiwanese native reservations from awhile back that weren't added previously:

dfqhlxb-7c26e757-ed9f-4929-a640-46967fc2d40f.png

Latest Q-BAM with THICC colors (3rd level divisions with dried lakes, native reservations, conflicting zones and ice sheets)
qbamthicc_with_driedlakes_full.png

3rd level divisions with native reservations, conflicting zones, ice sheets and without dried lakes
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_full.png
3rd level divisions with dried lakes, conflicting zones, without native reservations and ice sheets
qbamthicc_with_driedlakes_3.derece_withoutnatives_withconflictingzones_wihoutices.png
3rd level divisions with conflicting zones, without dried lakes, native reservations and ice sheets
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_3.derece_withoutnatives_withconflictingzones_wihoutices.png
3rd level divisions with native reservations, conflicting zones, without dried lakes and ice sheets
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_full_withnatives_wihoutices.png
3rd level divisions without dried lakes, native reservations, conflicting zones and ice sheets
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_full_withoutnatives_wihoutconflictingzones__wihoutices.png
2nd level divisions with dried lakes, native reservations, conflicting zones and ice sheets
qbamthicc_with_driedlakes_2.derece.png
2nd level divisions with native reservations, conflicting zones, ice sheets and without dried lakes
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_2.derece.png
2nd level divisions with native reservations, conflicting zones, without dried lakes and ice sheets
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_2.level_withnatives_wihoutices.png
2nd level divisions with conflicting zones, without dried lakes, native reservations and ice sheets
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_2.level_withoutnatives_withconflictingzones_wihoutices.png
1st level divisions with dried lakes, native reservations, conflicting zones and ice sheets
qbamthicc_with_driedlakes_1.derece.png
1st level divisions with native reservations, conflicting zones, ice sheets and without dried lakes
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_1.derece.png
1st level divisions with conflicting zones, without dried lakes, native reservations and ice sheets
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_1.level_withoutnatives_wihoutices.png
1st level divisions with native reservations, conflicting zones, without dried lakes and ice sheets
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_1.level_withnatives_wihoutices.png
Country borders with dried lakes, conflicting zones, ice sheets and without native reservations
qbamthicc_with_driedlakes_country_borders.png
Country borders with conflicting zones, ice sheets, without dried lakes and native reservations
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_country_borders.png
Country borders with dried lakes, ice sheets, without native reservations and conflicting zones
qbamthicc_with_driedlakes_country_borders_wihoutconflictingzones.png
Country borders with ice sheets, without dried lakes, native reservations and conflicting zones
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_country_borders_wihoutconflictingzones.png
Country borders without dried lakes, conflicting zones, ice sheets and native reservations
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_country_borders_wihoutconflictingzones_wwihoutices.png
Country borders with conflicting zones, without dried lakes, ice sheets and native reservations
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_country_borders_wihoutconflictingzones.png
[/SPOILER
Blank versions is in second reply down there because I can't upload more than 20 images

Blank with dried lakes, ice sheets and without borders
qbamthicc_with_driedlakes_blank_ices.png
Blank without dried lakes, ice sheets and borders
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_blank_witouth_ices.png
Blank with dried lakes, without ice sheets and borders
qbamthicc_with_driedlakes_blank_witouth_ices.png
Blank with ice sheets, without dried lakes and borders
qbamthicc_without_driedlakes_blank_with_ices.png