The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

Humanist Tomsk is better. In my opinion the best unifier for Russia and a step towards the end of history. A TNO TL with all democratic factions winning is blessed.
Well, I do hover on the border between LibDem and SocDem IRL.
New canon: Koygzin/Katushev’s Russian Free Republic peacefully unites with Yetslin’s Sverdlovsk, and then unifies with a humanist Tomsk that unified with libsoc Sablin.

Ulti-blessed.

Last edited:
So in my recent ISOT map game someone added TNO Japan under Takagi, immediately after finding out about the army conducting "military exercises". Only Korea, most of their pacific islands, Port Author and Hainan came along. However the Japanese West Coast from the Man in the High Castle has been brought along as well.

To the west there's Free China from Separated at Birth which is technologically decades ahead of Japan in most fields aside from rocketry and nuclear physics, though it has an arsenal of about 100 fat man level nukes.

So suppose what might happen to Japan in the short term?

So in my recent ISOT map game someone added TNO Japan under Takagi, immediately after finding out about the army conducting "military exercises". Only Korea, most of their pacific islands, Port Author and Hainan came along. However the Japanese West Coast from the Man in the High Castle has been brought along as well.

To the west there's Free China from Separated at Birth which is technologically decades ahead of Japan in most fields aside from rocketry and nuclear physics, though it has an arsenal of about 100 fat man level nukes.

Oceans of blood.

can you send the link to that mapgame?

chankljp

Donor
I wonder what kind of ending Manchuria gets if Democratic Japan wins the GAW.
As I have pointed out over in another thread on a KR TL, we have to remember that a Democratic Japan does not equal a 'nice' or benevolent Japan. After all, who were the ones that brought the concepts of modernity, industrialization, and democracy to Imperial Japan? 19th century Britain, France and the United States. Meaning that for a democracy to engage in imperialism, ethno-nationalism, and colonial exploitation, while at the same time genuinely espousing the ideals of freedom and liberty and not see any sort of contradiction or hypocrisy in what they are doing was simply an intended feature of what was considered as Western democracy at the time, not a bug.

And what I have written above was intended for KR Japan. For TNO Japan, a country that had spent decades under the rule of the militarists/hardliners, as well as in a world in which Nazi Germany exist as a superpower, I would expect a victorious Democratic Japan that wins the GAW to still be out for blood. With the country being economically exhausted and likely on the brink of a famine from the fighting, I will not put it above them to go full Kishi on Manchuria, using the resource extraction and factories worked by slaves in order to help the Home Islands economically recover.