The New Order: Last Days of Europe - An Axis Victory Cold War Mod for HoIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and Gentleman.

For long I awaited, for long I deduced, for long I tried to understand how would it be to play as Yagoda, and now I have the answer.

I gonna highlight some points of my Yagoda campaign, but first I gonna leave here a phrase that I really like, as my favorite soviet leader is by far Nikita Kruschev, I made a thread about him some time ago, and of everything I saw, the strongest point was when he ended the soviet reign of terror, someone said...

"People were still arrested for political reasons of course, but they were now likely to be real, not imaginary, opponents of the regime. This decrease in the arrests of innocent people--and the massive releases from the camps--did not of course turn the Soviet Union into a democracy. But we should remember that the changes that were made were literally a matter of life and death for millions of people."

This is the kind of stuff I was expecting as Yagoda, and oh boy I got it.

First and foremost, yes, Yagoda is the original leader of te soviet union, he was elected by the presidium as soon Bukharin was dead, and Irkutsk was the original capital, whom everyone retreated to.
unknown.png

As you unify Siberia, nobody can escape your wrath, everyone ends executed, be Konstantin, the Tsar (the only tear I shed on the entire gameplay), the leader of Ochirov if he doesn't join you, sablin and others. At the same time you can choose how you will improve the soviet union, Yagoda himself wants to do that, so you can either do what I did, increase political participation, do the thousand letters campaign, allow politicians who were corrupt to return under surveillance, or you can increase the security apparatus to crush regional warlords. On all routes you see the soviet union rebuilding as you advance, people return to the schools, farms reopen, the prosperity of the post war soviet union OTL happens, and it's beautifull.

unknown.png

With this, the soviet union is back, the same old structure, but improved a thousand times, a party, not a stalininst tyranny.

And finally, after the bayonets fell silent and before they moved to the west to reclaim Russia, the internationale was back
unknown.png

India, Mexico, Bolivia, Cuba, Italy (that turned libsoc), all of them joined, the COMECON was started, investiment flooded, the soviet aviation industry was rebuilt, the mechanization is now reaching the level of developed nations along the literacy. Libsoc and autsoc countries are on the unionclad union.

I think this can count as a happy ending for now

I have just completed my Sablin run, and I feel compelled to show you all the reunification event for Sablin and the super event I got for Russia's reunification.
the boi did it.jpg

lenin lives again.jpg

I don't know if the super event changes depending on who unites Russia, but this one 100% fits our favorite boi. Also, the music that plays during this super event has got to be the best music used in the whole mod.

Last edited:

Sabre77

Banned
Does anyone know how the Iberia counterterrorism mechanic works? I’m making decisions which “increase AAS resources” and “decrease ETA/CNT/whoever suppport” but I’m not seeing like detailed info on how much support they have left or how to use the AAS resources.

So, I am quite deep into my first run with Speer's Germany. I have won the civil war after a quite long stalemate (Speer, Göring and Bormann had around 55-70 legitimacy, Heydrich was stuck at a mere 35-40). Thankfully, Göring and Heydrich were quite keen in throwing their armies at Bormann, which put me in the position of the mopping up crew. It is 1966 now, and I am not quite sure how to handle the diplomatic shenanigans with Italy. I am not really inted to bother with them for now, as I have WAAAAAY too much things to do with the Zollverein, slave holding megacorps and a debt of 330 billion I have to pay back, somehow. On the bright side: the economy is growing by 12.6% annually, so at least the debt problem will solve itself eventually. As for the Zollverein: I pouring the resources mostly in infrastructure and education stuff. The megacorps get their shit kicked in an equal manner, I am not really inclined to spare them at all.

Also, Burgundy. What to do with them?

Also Leon Degrelle is a person of interest in Burgundy. He leads the opposition towards Himmler.

And I recall hearing he can rebel or undermine Himmler something along lines. Of course I'm unwilling to play Burgundy due to many reasons of not wanting Nuclear War or enslaving tons of French and Belgians.

Last edited:
5E553805-F0B5-4CB1-91EC-38CA2E1C1116.jpeg

So the Chinese TNO community has voted on the content they would like to see translated first (with 2 votes max), as of now, the top favorites are:

1. China (82 votes)
2. WRRF (44 votes)
3. Burgundy (40 votes)
4. USA (32 votes)
5. Speer’s Germany (26 votes)
6. Buryatia (25 votes)
7. Siberian Black Army (21 votes)
8. Japan (19 votes)
9. Yunnan (18 votes)
10. Italy (13 votes)

Bow to the inevitable. Let Himmler's cleansing fire wash away your impurities.
Himmler is just sitting there. It's now 1970, and he has done literally nothing, unlike Schörner who tried some bullshit - he was crushed, of course. I think the next game will be with Bormann or Göring.

Sabre77

Banned
My first run through I played as Iberia; it’s January of 1968, and I just finished the Gibraltar Dam. No new focus tree has loaded for thr better part of a year and nothing much is happening in the world now, so I think I’ll move on to do a WRRF game

That's a bug.
Seemed like it's fixed as I reloaded my save this morning.
EDIT: The country in question didn't join the unity-pakt, so I solved this by using allowdiplo and forcing them to accept.

Last edited:

chankljp

Donor
I just looked at the TNO Reddit and apparently there's a glitch where the USA and Japan AI will start WWIII over an event revolving around a shrimp boat (seriously).

Considering all of our "Forest Gump in the TNO world" discussions from a while ago, it would be fitting if he and lieutenant Dan were the ones to accidentally trigger WW3 while going on their first voyage on board 'Jenny'. :openedeyewink:

This is the victory quote for Magadan reuniting Russia

"Power comes all by itself to the strong man. We will accept our freedom and our laws from the Russian patriot who leads Russia to salvation."
- Ivan Ilyin

And then tidbits:
Reforming the Russian National Party of Labor involves balancing between the Reformists and the Laborists. I think if you keep the Tsar around, he ends up leading the Old Guard Right opposition, but I don't know for sure.

Reformists are pro-authoritarian democracy, and want to build up relations with the United States. Laborists are pro-Vozhd, and wish to retain his control of the party.

You can encourage Russian resistance in Manchuria, as well as try to make a formal trade alliance with the United States. This either succeeds or fails based on their reactions (mine failed).

Status
Not open for further replies.