The New Order: Last Days of Europe - An Axis Victory Cold War Mod for HoIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, what would be the worst possible end-state for a TNO world outside of an "everyone's dead dave" nuke ending or a "Heydrich/Goering/Omsk/whatever-other-evil-country-you-can-think-of conquers the entire planet" ending?

So, what is the worst world you can imagine (not just in the amount of totalitarian s**tholes you could pack into it but in how much global instability can you insert)?

Anyways, what is the darkest (and most unstable) possible ending which doesn't involve nuclear war or one evil country ruling the world?

This question seems to get asked a lot.

Anyways, what is the darkest (and most unstable) possible ending which doesn't involve nuclear war or one evil country ruling the world?

The worst-case scenario seems to be hard-coded into the mod. It's not an ending, but the beginning of a long, inevitable decline. I speak of the the untimely death of King Farouk. You see, King Farouk was a simple Arabic nobleman who just wanted to party and have a good time. He wanted to drive fast, glamourous cars and meet fast, glamourous women. Most of all, he wanted to spread good cheer throughout this miserable world, even in places where the people haven't experienced joy or happiness in their lifetimes - Even places like Paris, where the living breathe the ashes of the cremated dead. When Farouk died, the world finally lost the spark that tyrants like Himmler, Heydrich and Goring tried to snuff out. People talk of the savagery of the German Civil War, the open-air prison camp that was Russia, the bloody quagmire that was Africa, and the powder keg of East Asia; people argue over who's right and who's wrong. In my humble opinion, it doesn't matter who comes out victorious in those theatres of conflict, as the belligerents are merely fighting over the rotting corpse of this empty, Farouk-less world. Ask yourselves this; is a world without King Farouk a world worth living in? Perhaps not. You see, my friends; that is the true tragedy of this world right there.

The worst-case scenario seems to be hard-coded into the mod. It's not an ending, but the beginning of a long, inevitable decline. I speak of the the untimely death of King Farouk. You see, King Farouk was a simple Arabic nobleman who just wanted to party and have a good time. He wanted to drive fast, glamourous cars and meet fast, glamourous women. Most of all, he wanted to spread good cheer throughout this miserable world, even in places where the people haven't experienced joy or happiness in their lifetimes - Even places like Paris, where the living breathe the ashes of the cremated dead. When Farouk died, the world finally lost the spark that tyrants like Himmler, Heydrich and Goring tried to snuff out. People talk of the savagery of the German Civil War, the open-air prison camp that was Russia, the bloody quagmire that was Africa, and the powder keg of East Asia; people argue over who's right and who's wrong. In my humble opinion, it doesn't matter who comes out victorious in those theatres of conflict, as the belligerents are merely fighting over the rotting corpse of this empty, Farouk-less world. Ask yourselves this; is a world without King Farouk a world worth living in? Perhaps not. You see, my friends; that is the true tragedy of this world right there.

Farouk.jpg

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Anyways, the flag of Omsk (the Russian Ultranazis) has been leaked:
sd8ldHi3d3SjR_kPRt3aEf746pdtEzYG8UiisaIvhkM.png

"Four parts to a swastika? Degenerate, not revenge-based enough! We're gonna have eight!"

In all seriousness, I'm looking quite forward to smashing Omsk as [insert everyone else that isn't Dirlewanger here].

Last edited:
Anyways, the flag of Omsk (the Russian Ultranazis) has been leaked:
sd8ldHi3d3SjR_kPRt3aEf746pdtEzYG8UiisaIvhkM.png
I just realized a little problem with it, aside from being too anachronistic (though this can be said about a lot of warlords, who mostly use modern flags of the Russian regions). Kolovrat IRL is used by those Russian nationalists who want to use swastikas but don't want to be called Nazis. In TNO, I don't see why Russian ultranationalists who hate everything even vaguely German would want a variant of swastika as their symbol.

Though I perhaps look into it a bit too much, not sure if I can't think of a better alternative anyway. I like this flag when Russia is united by Omsk, but it may create some confusion when there are at least two theocracies in Russia:
6FiFltd.png

No Omsk bird? Sad.

I predict that the events for Omsk will have a fair few references to that.

Also I'm not entirely sure whether, barring unusual events, that crushing Omsk will be that satisfying. Given the difficulty rating they were given earlier in the thread, I suspect in most playthroughs they get thoroughly crushed early. Of course it could also be that Russia is so fragmented that whichever faction takes over a couple of others will snowball fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.