The most ASB moments to happen in history... that still happened (Pre-1900)

Think of moments in history (Pre-1900) that seemed so unbelievably, that it would be called ASB, yet they still happened through complicated events that had to go right or wrong

For my examples: The House of Valois dying off in the 16th Century due to bad luck, or Pizzaro conquering the Inca Empire because they had a due to civil war because the Sapa Inca and his heir died of disease

Osman Aga

Banned
A small beylik near Nicea (North West Anatolia) growing out to be an Empire stretching from Vienna to Sanaa, Fez to Kermanshah, going to expedition as East as Malacca in Malaysia...

Guess who

Last edited:
A man with a funny moustache who failed art class took out his anger by conquering most of Europe.

A man who likes math who was from a small island was bully for being short and stubborn decided to take over most of Europe.

A small farming village in central Italy conquering the entire Mediterranean basin and undergoing not one but two pivotal changes of government all while retaining its national identity, suffering defeat after defeat and still bouncing back, undergoing an empire-wide change of religion, splitting in half, changing its language, and lasting for a thousand years, losing valuable provinces one after another and being driven from their capital by armies they themselves had originally summoned, but surviving another two and a half centuries until the advent of artillery wipes them off the map for good.

A small beylik near Nicea (North West Anatolia) growimg out to be an Empire stretching from Vienna to Sanaa, Fez to Kermanshah, going to expedition as East as Malacca in Malaysia...

Guess who
To be fair, lots of empires start that way, relatively small and weak, and seem ASB in hindsight, but when you look further, there's almost a trend.

Osman Aga

Banned
To be fair, lots of empires start that way, relatively small and weak, and seem ASB in hindsight, but when you look further, there's almost a trend.

What if I tell you it expanded into Christian territory with zealous troops like Ghazis and Janissaries while Islamic portion was low until the reign of Murad II (1421-1451)

Surely we can come up with more original entries than "Weak or ordinary person/community becomes really powerful." That's how literally any empire gets started initially.

Honestly, I think going from the prestige and power of Edward I of England to his son ending up murdered and deposed would be called ASB if it happened in a TL.

Honestly, I think going from the prestige and power of Edward I of England to his son ending up murdered and deposed would be called ASB if it happened in a TL.

Why? It's not like great men did not have idiot sons earlier, and England as a whole didn't lost that much because of EII and his shenaningans.