• Just Vancouver

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Just Oklahoma City

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Just Louisville

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lieberman was always considered to be in a McCain Cabinet.
Yes but for the homeland security job? Senators leave their seats for high level positions like state, defense or maybe treasury, but for jobs like national security advisor I found that doubtful. Especially for someone like Graham who clearly has higher ambitions.

I do suppose though that Lieberman would be more likely to accept a lower level cabinet job simply because of his friendship with McCain

Last edited:
Yes but for the homeland security job? Senators leave their seats for high level positions like state, defense or maybe treasury, but for jobs like national security advisor I found that doubtful. Especially for someone like Graham who clearly has higher ambitions.

I do suppose though that Lieberman would be more likely to accept a lower level cabinet job simply because of his friendship with McCain
Also he was the chair of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs

Also he was the chair of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Why would Graham leave the senate? he was a fairly young senator at the time, and would potentially be one of McCain's chief allies on the hill. That would bring him far more media spotlight and influence throughout the government than a job as national security advisor.

Why would Graham leave the senate? he was a fairly young senator at the time, and would potentially be one of McCain's chief allies on the hill. That would bring him far more media spotlight and influence throughout the government than a job as national security advisor.
I did research to see what a possible McCain and Graham came up as possibly being considered as Secretary of Defense or National Security Advisor

2008 ELECTION AFTERMATH PART 2
NOVEMBER 15th 2008
MCCAIN ADDRESSES PRESS ON ECONOMY PLANS TO WORK WITH DEMOCRATS ON A STIMULUS DEAL
CNN .COM

President Elect McCain address the press today on the state of the economy after the Obama Frank bill comes into law saying that while he disagrees with the core of the bill that we will still find a way to make a deal with the Democrats on a stimulus

“I will get to work on Day 1 and work with members of both parties to find away to save America’s economy from it going into a deeper recession.”

McCain also proposed emergency tax relief for working and middle class and small businesses calling it “necessary” in these times.

The President Elect says that he would also consider Wall Street reform as called them out saying their “fun is up”.

NOVEMBER 20th 2008
VICE PRESIDENT ELECT DOLE TO HEAD TASK FORCE TO HELP WITH RECESSION
CBS NEWS. COM

Vice President elect Elizabeth Dole will start up a Middle Class task force starting when she takes office to help with dealing with small businesses dealing with the recession.

NOVEMBER 23th 2008
CNN .COM
HILLARY CLINTON IN FIRST INTERVIEW SINCE ELECTION: THANKFUL FOR THE OPPORTUNITY

In a Sunday interview with CNN Senator Hillary Clinton and 2008 Democratic Presidential Nominee sat down for her first post elect interview in which she said despite the results this election was a great experience for her.

“It took me a bit to get through me that I lost but you know what happens happens and while it’s unfortunate it’s reality. I haven’t thought about 2012 and I won’t think about 2012 for quite awhile and what I will be focusing on is going back to the senate and fight for the American people in what is right for our country.”

The Senator also wish the best of luck for the President Elect despite their differences and that he listens to the American people and is able to comprise with the Democrats on things.

Last edited:
OTL in 2009 and 2013 he introduced bills to reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act

He also voted for Gramm-Leach both times it was up in the Senate. Actual votes that determine policy matter more than symbolic proposals of bills that are proposed just to get accolades in the press, especially when said proposals don't even get a vote in the Senate.

Depicting McCain as some sort of regulator when his voting history tells the opposite story is a stretch. The guy had a chance to vote on Wall Street regulation and voted no. That's the story here, not whatever dead-on-arrival legislation he proposed.

NOVEMBER 2008 IN SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT NEWS PART 2
NOVEMBER 10th 2008
NEW BCS RANKINGS 1 AND 2 HOLD AFTER LSU HOLDS OFF ALABAMA
ESPN .COM

USC and LSU stay the same at number 1 and 2 as Alabama out of the top 10 with their second loss of the season as Florida creeps towards the top 3 right.

1.USC
2.LSU
3.FLORIDA
4.OKLAHOMA
5.OHIO STATE
6.TEXAS
7.TEXAS TECH
8.GEORGIA
9.PENN STATE
10.BYU

The race for the SEC championship in Atlanta will also seem to be a race to see who gets the number 2 spot in Miami for the National Championship game.

NOVEMBER 13th 2008
MLB .COM
BARRY BONDS TO RETURN FOR 2009 SEASON RESIGNS ONE YEAR DEAL WITH THE MINNESOTA TWINS

The all time home run leader Barry Bonds is not going anywhere as he will sign a 1 year deal for 2009 for a 23rd season

It is unknown if he will continue to play beyond 2009.

NOVEMBER 14th 2008:South Park and other media react to McCain victory.

The entertainment has quite the field when it comes to the election of John McCain.

South Park’s episode tied “McCain Wins!” portrayed the town of South Park a majority of Hillary Clinton supporters devastated so much as one of the father of Stan Marsh Randy decided to create a “Deloran” to prevent John McCain from being elected however he gets stuck in a out of space and time state similarly to the opening of the “Twilight Zone”. Saturday Night Live had Hillary Clinton and Rham Emmanuel played both by Amy Poehler and Andy Samberg start performing The Doors “The End” in the middle of the concession speech cold opening.

Host Bernie Mac while a Clinton supporter congratulated McCain on his victory in his monologue and hope that despite their disagreements he hopes that he can unite the nation in these times.

NOVEMBER 16th 2008
FOX SPORTS. COM
CY YOUNG AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Johan Santana and Cliff Lee are your 2008 AL AND NL Cy Young winners.

Cliff Lee of the Cleveland Indians win his first Cy Young in his so far 6 year career while Johan Santana of the New York Mets wins his 3rd ever Cy Young Award while winning his first NL Cy Young award in the National League as he won 2 AL Cy Young awards with the Minnesota Twins in 2004 and 2006.

Last edited:
2008 ELECTION AFTERMATH PART 2
NOVEMBER 24th 2008
PRESIDENT ELECT MCCAIN APPEARS ON CBS THIS MORNING FOR A INTERVIEW
CBSNEWS .COM

John McCain appear in his first national TV interview since he has been President Elect on CBS This Morning in which he talked about how he would deal with the worst economic crisis in 80+ years and how he hopes to unite all of America.

On issues McCain when was asked about his Wall Street reform push about his vote to repeal Glass Stegeal in 1999 McCain said that he “regretted the vote and didn’t know how it was gonna get this bad.”

McCain also said that he was confidence in his first 100 days plan and that he has been proven for years to work with Democrats in the Congress and Senate.

Another key note was McCain confirming that he has no plans about 2012 for now but if things go well that he will run for re election.

NOVEMBER 28th 2008
PRESIDENT ELECT MCCAIN REVEALS 100 DAY PLAN ON WEBSITE
CNN. COM

The McCain presidental transition website finally has revealed the plan on their website that the President Elect plans to tackle in his first 100 days as president.

The main parts revealed her

A stimulus package that helps the American middle class and small business plus a emergency stimulus paycheck of $500 dollars to every working American

Emergency tax cuts for the working class and small business

Helping our troops get out of Iraq safely

Start a commission on financially responsibility

Reveal a 21th century national security plan

SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT NEWS IN NOVEMBER 2008 PART 3
NOVEMBER 18th 2008
GIANTS TRADE CY YOUNG RUNNER UP TIM LINCECUM TO THE CUBS FOR PEDRO MARTINEZ AND PLAYER TO BE NAMED LATER
MLB. COM

The San Francisco Giants rebuild continues as the team with the worst record in 2008 trade 2008 NL Cy Young runner Tim Lincecum to the Chicago Cubs Pedro Martinez and a player to be named later.

The Cubs load up their rotation as they were starting pitching was seen as the best of the league but that wasn’t enough to win the World Series but maybe it will will be in 2009.

NOVEMBER 22nd 2008
LED ZEPPELIN NOT DONE AFTER REUNION TOUR MIGHT HIT STUDIO AFTER BREAK
MTV .COM

After a long summer and early fall reunion tour Led Zeppelin will take a break before discussing the future of the band.

The tour was one of the most highly grossed tour in history and a DVD and CD for the performance in Madison Square Garden in August is set to be released soon.

“We had fun doing Led Zeppelin again but it’s time to sit down and think what’s next?”- Jimmy Page said in a interview with Kerrang! magazine on their next issues set to be released this week.

NOVEMBER 26th 2008
MARK SANCHEZ TO LEAVE USC
ESPN .COM

Mark Sanchez will transfer to USC after the season even if Mitch Mustain leaves for the NFL Draft in 2009.

Sanchez is missing the rest of the season due to a injury in the first game against Virginia which has led the resurrection of Mustian’s career.

Sanchez’s future will be more discussed after season’s end.

NEWS IN DECEMBER 2008 PART 1
DECEMBER 2nd 2008
OBAMA ON 2012: WE’LL SEE
MSNBC .COM

Democratic Presidential nominee runner up and senator from Illinois Barack Obama says he has no plans yet for 2012 and that he is focusing on running on his senate re-election in 2010.

“Running for president was quite the experience but it’s also a lot of work and I want to focus on what going on right now and to deal with the upcoming administration and my status in the senate.”- Obama told NBC’s Today Show

Obama also says that he thinks his message of “Hope” and “Change” moves onto into the next decade and election cycles.

DECEMBER 5th 2008
BOB DOLE TALKS WITH LARRY KING: GIVES VIEWS ON WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE BEING THE FIRST SECOND GENTLEMAN.
CNN. COM

Former US Senator and Presidential and Vice Presidental candidate and soon to be Second Gentleman Bob Dole was interviewed recently by Larry King on his show Larry King Live on what his life has been like for the last few months in with Dole said.

“So this is what it’s like being on a winning side of a general election? *Dole laughed* anyways I am so proud of Liddy and what she has done and how much of a history trailblazer she is. And I dont think the McCain campaign would have been the same if they did not pick her as his running mate.”

Dole went on to describe his feeing about him being the first ever “Second Gentleman” of the United States.

“Through my political career I never thought honestly the way I would win a general election is being the spouse of the running mate. *Dole laughed* but seriously it’s a blessing and I can’t wait to see what Elizabeth does in her role and what I will end up doing in my role. “

“McCain set up a task force for me and Liddy to help with small businesses during these trying times and I think it’s wonderful that she will make her presence as Vice President right away.”

DECEMBER 8th 2008
FOX NEWS. COM
MCCAIN TALKS TO PRESS ABOUT HEALTHCARE: HOPE HE AND DEMOCRATS CAN FIND A WAY.

The President Elect reveals more of his healthcare plans today to the press in which he said he hopes he can find ground with it with the Democrats in the House and Senate.

McCain called for the elimination of special tax breaks and benefits for health corporations and calls for tax credits for middle class families and small businesses when they can buy healthcare.

Says he wants to invest in putting healthcare records online to reduce medical errors plus a plan that will allow people to choose an insurance plan that suits their currently stage in life.

McCain also proposed a tax credit for working class individuals that can’t afford healthcare.

McCain also pledged that he will not make any cuts to Medicare or Medicaid in his administration calling Medicare a “Bedrock for taking care of seniors.”