The Anglo-Saxon Social Model - The Expanded Universe

Businesses: Armstrong Whitworth & Co. Vehicles Limited
Image 17-04-2020 at 13.16.jpg

The post on Armstrong Whitworth has some interesting implications on the state of public transportation infrastructure and the railway manufacturing sector. And Bombardier likewise appears to be out of that sector (good news for Torontonians and New Yorkers). Does AW compete with the likes of Siemens and Alstom, or their equivalents in the timeline?

The post on Armstrong Whitworth has some interesting implications on the state of public transportation infrastructure and the railway manufacturing sector. And Bombardier likewise appears to be out of that sector (good news for Torontonians and New Yorkers). Does AW compete with the likes of Siemens and Alstom, or their equivalents in the timeline?

I've not fully worked out the entirety of the international railway manufacturing sector but it would roughly work out as being dominated by AW, Alstom (or an equivalent under a different name), 1-3 Chinese companies (who are, in practice, owned and controlled by Commonwealth individuals and companies for the most part), 1-3 American companies (Americans are better at public transport TTL owing to the different way that Reconstruction and the Panic of 1873 work out) and maybe an Italian company too. German companies like Siemens aren't major players because they will have been stripped for parts some time in the 1940s by the Allies. (They might still exist as legacy companies or in some much smaller, localised form but that's not terribly important at this level.)

ICI? Now there is a name and logo I have not seen in a while.

Does GEC still exist as a British/Commonwealth company?

ICI? Now there is a name and logo I have not seen in a while.

Does GEC still exist as a British/Commonwealth company?
Infobox on GEC is coming this weekend. Then we’ll be doing the Commonwealth car industry next week, then finance the week after that, then tech.