Terres Australes | Alternative World Thread by Substantial_Habit

Antarctic claims and permanent bases
A little bit more info about TTL Antarctica. The following maps show permanent bases and research stations, and territorial claims. Hope you like it :)
XxvNoo5.png

That same color separated by white for the French flag looks ugly, but the French do that for the OTL French Southern and Antarctic Lands, so I *guess*....

That same color separated by white for the French flag looks ugly, but the French do that for the OTL French Southern and Antarctic Lands, so I *guess*....
yeah, that is a normal thing in flags with the French tricolor on the corner. You can also see it in the French Morocco, Laos, Tunisia, and East African flags between others.

Something with Fleur de Lys arranged in the shape of the Southern Cross would be a cool flag for Kerguelen (or another alt-historical French colonized country in the Southern Hemisphere).

Something with Fleur de Lys arranged in the shape of the Southern Cross would be a cool flag for Kerguelen (or another alt-historical French colonized country in the Southern Hemisphere).
Something like this? I made the flag for a French W. Australia long ago.
1710366033806.png

Would be fun to see proposed flags throughout the years
Here are some of the proposals.
Top left: Flag inspired by the Canadian flag, with the Kerguelen Cabbage (the national flower) at the centre.
Top right: Red flag with the Kerguelen Cabbage on the middle and a white stripe on top with three black ermines.
Bottom left: Navy blue flag with a white cross and a shield in the middle with a southern cross of Fleur de Lis.
Bottom right: Flag representing the coat of arms of Kerguelen .
MfRHVq5.png