Stresa Revived - an Allied Mussolini TL

This is a very dangerous world where countries are trigger happy with nukes due to the U.S. not dropping the atomic bomb on Japan

So I've only read the first two pages and my ability to turn off my sense of disbelief is destroyed. In spite of there being new forces available in the form of the Italians, up to and including one of the biggest Air forces and navies ever and an entire theater that can be ripped from, both Norway AND France go down like a stack of cards.

This of course flies in the face of just how shoe-string both Norway and Sicklecut were. Norway relied on the transports getting lucky and getting aboard. A friendly med means the UK has more toys to play with in general. Top that off with an utter lack of good mountaineers since you'd need them to take on the Alpini Divisions Italy had, who happened to be pretty good and fighting in a region they were drilled for years on. It going about as planned is handwavium pura.

THEN France still collapses under Sicklecut, even though they can move divisions out from the Alps and, oh I don't know, form a reserve, the big thing they lacked most of all when faced with such an event. Even marginal boosts to the French would likely fuck the German's plans. Sure, I don't expect a wash where they lose their entire armored fist, but it'd wreck the mobile arm of the Wehrmacht. This also ignores Italian expeditions that may or may not occur to make Mussolini look good to his people and to the world. Handwavium Magna right there, even accounting for the French still fighting.

There's creating a narrative, and then there's what should realistically happen when circumstances come about.

I mentioned, albeit in passing, in chapter V that the German occupation of northern Italy threatened the rear of forces still holding out in southern France, hence their withdrawal in late 1940.

This is without a doubt one of the best alternative histories I have ever readed, In fact I would like to see a movie about that one day :cool:

Congratulations and Vive Italia!

(I know that this isn't so important, but here the first Giovinezza recording in 21th century: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow1qFOTmEw )

Nice thread here. Long and well-participated one too. The Allies turning Mussolini into an ally is ingenious and you have pulled it off brilliantly.

Thank you :D!