Hey, huge fan of your thread here, I couldn't post anything cause I got kicked but do you mind if I share some ideas with you? So far it's been more of the same at this time but when you get to the superheroes what if instead of making the superfriends with dc comics characters Hanna barbera cuts a deal to make marvel cartoons?

They did make a fantastic four cartoon in the 60's after all, and with grantray-lawrence animation(who did sub-contracted work with hb on topcat and the Jetsons) goes bankrupt after their adaptations of the marvel superheroes and spiderman they'd want to work out a exclusivity deal with Martin Goodman or Stan lee or whoever is running it at the time to takeover production of their properties.

the superfriends would probably be an avengers show, with founding members captain america, iron man, thor, hulk, giant man and wasp as main cast with Hawkeye, quicksilver, scarlet witch, Hercules, black panther vision, black knight, sub mariner and captain marvel making guest appearances and having the masters of evil fill in for the legion of Doom.

The dc superfriends will probably still exist in the thread but would be made by filmation who was responsible for the new adventures of superman franchise instead to compete with hb's avengers,

I haven't planned stuff that far out too much
Based on my own writing experiences, that's a good call. When I planned an alt-history too far into detail I ended up thinking of it as kind of a drudgery to write. (Although when I planned it too little I probably flailed about a bit thinking I didn't have a clue with what I was doing. XD)

And, no worries, I was only making a joke that Gamingguy010's "we'd lose out on the Disney Renaissance" is an acceptable loss for me, lol.

As long as we still get Jonny Quest I'm in!

If the Super Friends do stay with DC maybe they could improve the show by adapting some lesser known/older comic book characters rather than creating their own.

As for the scratchy animation of the xerox animation.
It may be that I grew up watching Sword in the Stone ever other weekend, but I always loved that look. And I still do.
It always felt like I was watching a moving comic book or something.
Maybe if they adopt that method, it could turn into its own animation style movement. Like a Western version of anime?

As for the scratchy animation of the xerox animation.
It may be that I grew up watching Sword in the Stone ever other weekend, but I always loved that look. And I still do.
It always felt like I was watching a moving comic book or something.
Maybe if they adopt that method, it could turn into its own animation style movement. Like a Western version of anime?
I think there's already a term close to that - Squigglevision. Stuff like Ed Edd 'n Eddy and whatnot.

Hey, huge fan of your thread here, I couldn't post anything cause I got kicked but do you mind if I share some ideas with you? So far it's been more of the same at this time but when you get to the superheroes what if instead of making the superfriends with dc comics characters Hanna barbera cuts a deal to make marvel cartoons?

They did make a fantastic four cartoon in the 60's after all, and with grantray-lawrence animation(who did sub-contracted work with hb on topcat and the Jetsons) goes bankrupt after their adaptations of the marvel superheroes and spiderman they'd want to work out a exclusivity deal with Martin Goodman or Stan lee or whoever is running it at the time to takeover production of their properties.

the superfriends would probably be an avengers show, with founding members captain america, iron man, thor, hulk, giant man and wasp as main cast with Hawkeye, quicksilver, scarlet witch, Hercules, black panther vision, black knight, sub mariner and captain marvel making guest appearances and having the masters of evil fill in for the legion of Doom.

The dc superfriends will probably still exist in the thread but would be made by filmation who was responsible for the new adventures of superman franchise instead to compete with hb's avengers,
Come the 80s HB will get a major license but it won't be Marvel. Marvel probably will do a few shows with other companies scattered throughout the years but nothing with HB. Also Superfriends won't be HB or Filmation but instead WB/DFE

If Hanna-Barbera started dubbing anime in say the 70s then the anime boom could happen by the 80s as opposed to the 90s.
An earlier anime boom could be a double edged sword. If Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind was properly dubbed and given a major theatrical release say by 1986 it would give The Great Mouse Detective some major competition potentially causing The Great Mouse Detective to bomb, ending Disney theatrical animated movies and preventing the Disney Renaissance. We'd lose out on the Disney renaissance (or at least delay it by a number of years), but it could also kill the Animation Age Ghetto and would allow smaller studios to rise up and fill the void left by Disney.

Personally I would love to see Yatterman get dubbed.
Spoilers I guess but Disney aren't going out of business lol