Rumsfeldia: Fear and Loathing in the Decade of Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a common refrain would instead be “Where’s your god now, mutants?”
A bit risky, that line. While it would be a case of rubbing their faith in their face, it might be construed as an attack on religion.
"You are not God. He did not designate you to do anything. You have free will. Thus, you designated yourselves."
A much better response, since it points out that the CV and their agents are responsible for their own actions.

“It is not God who kills the Children. Not Fate that butchers them or Destiny that feeds them to the Dogs. ... It´s us. Only us.” - Rorschach, Watchmen.

I really don't think anyone would care at this point.
Just because one side used oppression and brutality, doesn't mean the other side has to reciprocate. I'm not advocating "forgive and forget" - far from it. It's just an issue of knowing the difference between just punishment and pure vengeance. The latter may be satisfying, but it's counterproductive to a peaceful reconstruction.

Then again, after all that's happened, I'd have to agree that people won't be in a hurry to forget, or to let the ones responsible forget.

One thing I'm really looking forwards to is the Richmond Trials - or whatever the Nuremberg equivalent is. Specifically the Rumsfeldian Republicans and Geraldo Rivera; they have a lot to answer for.

Just because one side used oppression and brutality, doesn't mean the other side has to reciprocate. I'm not advocating "forgive and forget" - far from it. It's just an issue of knowing the difference between just punishment and pure vengeance. The latter may be satisfying, but it's counterproductive to a peaceful reconstruction.

Then again, after all that's happened, I'd have to agree that people won't be in a hurry to forget, or to let the ones responsible forget.

One thing I'm really looking forwards to is the Richmond Trials - or whatever the Nuremberg equivalent is. Specifically the Rumsfeldian Republicans and Geraldo Rivera; they have a lot to answer for.

Yeah, it is a bit harsh to say that, but I think it would be the natural response of someone who had to fight a civil war brought about by the wounded pride and madness of a few nutjobs. If you have to fight your fellow Americans, who have somehow decided that their "liberty" is best served by wiping you off the face of the Earth, you are going to feel particularly kind or merciful.

A much better response, since it points out that the CV and their agents are responsible for their own actions.

“It is not God who kills the Children. Not Fate that butchers them or Destiny that feeds them to the Dogs. ... It´s us. Only us.” - Rorschach, Watchmen.

"You believe that you were the only force of good on Earth. You believe you were God's representatives, and that only you were entitled to the fruits. Thus you felt that only you deserved the fruits of the Earth that have know despoiled. In your pride, you created a greater hell for us all. You killed for families then the atheists you despise.

Yeah, it is a bit harsh to say that, but I think it would be the natural response of someone who had to fight a civil war brought about by the wounded pride and madness of a few nutjobs. If you have to fight your fellow Americans, who have somehow decided that their "liberty" is best served by wiping you off the face of the Earth, you are going to feel particularly kind or merciful.
At this point, 'liberty' hardly plays a part in the whole deal. It's more like blind fanaticism and obedience to those who claim to know the true word of God. It's basically a Christian Evangelical version of ISIS.
"You believe that you were the only force of good on Earth. You believe you were God's representatives, and that only you were entitled to the fruits. Thus you felt that only you deserved the fruits of the Earth that have know despoiled. In your pride, you created a greater hell for us all. You killed for families then the atheists you despise.
Pretty much this. It's no longer about freedom or liberty. It's about 'the family' and 'God'.

At this point, 'liberty' hardly plays a part in the whole deal. It's more like blind fanaticism and obedience to those who claim to know the true word of God. It's basically a Christian Evangelical version of ISIS.

The point is, if you reject those beliefs in favor of blind religion and dogma, and kill people who disagree, you are not going to be getting the mercy you have withheld from others. Especially when you've helped to further destroy so many lives.

So...when Richmond trials happen, will both Rumsfieldian republicans and CVers be on trial for both what happened in the past and in the present. I hope rummy himself is caught alive somewhere and brought on trial.

So...when Richmond trials happen, will both Rumsfieldian republicans and CVers be on trial for both what happened in the past and in the present. I hope rummy himself is caught alive somewhere and brought on trial.
After all those years spent in whatever hole his own people then the CV government stuffed him into? Would he even be in sound health (physical and/or mental) for a trial?

I'd imagine people like Albert Brewer would be condemned in a court of public opinion, as whatever he's done was probably punished enough by the CVs. It'll take a long while for people to forgive them for their actions, but that they've at least suffered like others have would help.

Wait, what do mutants have to do with this?

It'd be a slur against Rumsfeldia and its appalling public health. After everything that's happened, my take is that supporters of the CV will be deemed subhuman, and stereotyped as looking the part, too.

Hell, Rumsfeldia is basically Alpha Complex without the breakthroughs in genetic engineering, anyways.

It'd be a slur against Rumsfeldia and its appalling public health. After everything that's happened, my take is that supporters of the CV will be deemed subhuman, and stereotyped as looking the part, too.

Mutants is probably too kind of a word.

I think there will be kinds of words, but the most common word might be "psychopathic fascists."

Status
Not open for further replies.