"Revolution Plowed the Sea" What if Latin America was a Great Power?

This is a series of maps originally posted to r/imaginarymaps that tries to portray a world in which Latin America became a Great Power through the alliance known as the "Panama Pact" and eventually getting into a Cold War with the German Empire, I'm not really sure how much lore I'm allowed to post here so I´ll link the original reddit threads to each map where you can find the lore for each. This timeline is currently being worked on and I'll update this thread whenever a new map is ready.

hyos9ack9ld61.png

The Great American War (1913-1917)
mjcuwolih5e61.png

Outcome of the war

d5bd799ftje61.png

The Second World War in 1941, when the U.S invaded Florida and the Pact joined the war.
21cwd39ip4f61.png

Newspaper showing some proposals for post WW2 America.
yy1mvewefrf61.png

Europe near the start of the Cold War(1950)
g32uu4rs0rg61.png

Latin America in the Cold War: https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarym.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you want questions asked here, but I was wondering what became of the Russian Republic? Are they neutral in the Cold War?
Russia is too hard to occupy by outside forces so they are just forced to become a giant neutral buffer state and are forced to demilitarize heavilly, they don't really mind because they just lost two world wars and got nuked so most people are confortable with neutrality.

This is a series of maps originally posted to r/imaginarymaps that tries to portray a world in which Latin America became a Great Power through the alliance known as the "Panama Pact" and eventually getting into a Cold War with the German Empire, I'm not really sure how much lore I'm allowed to post here so I´ll link the original reddit threads to each map where you can find the lore for each.

You can post plenty of lore. I know it's the "Maps and Graphics Forum", but there are threads with about as much text as graphics.

This is very interesting! I love a good Mexico-wank but all too often they involve Maximilian taking over or the Empire being successful somehow. Viva la Republica! I'll be looking forward to seeing where you take this

This is very interesting! I love a good Mexico-wank but all too often they involve Maximilian taking over or the Empire being successful somehow. Viva la Republica! I'll be looking forward to seeing where you take this
Thanks! I was beggining to think I was the only one that thought an alternate Mexico could be strong without being a Monarchy

an alternate Mexico could be strong without being a Monarchy
I'd understand if they meant the first one, but I don't understand the obsession with Maximillian. I know he would have averted Porfirio Diaz, which in turn would mean that any revolution would take a rather different form, but I don't see that making Mexico a great power or anything by the 21st century. I feel you have to go back earlier.

If Mexico wants to remove some economic motivation for New Africa to reunify with the Federal States of America, they could push for a free trade bloc in North America. If there's not one then there's a good economic argument for reunification so that the resources of the FSA could be sold out of the port in New Orleans and so that New Orleans can profit from the aforementioned selling of goods. Of course, we're assuming here that Mexico wants them to remain divided. They may want to put a stronger barrier to their north up against any pesky German intrusions into the Panama Pact's Hemisphere.

Speaking of the Panama Pact, how are Colombia, Chile, and Argentina doing?

I'd understand if they meant the first one, but I don't understand the obsession with Maximillian. I know he would have averted Porfirio Diaz, which in turn would mean that any revolution would take a rather different form, but I don't see that making Mexico a great power or anything by the 21st century. I feel you have to go back earlier.

If Mexico wants to remove some economic motivation for New Africa to reunify with the Federal States of America, they could push for a free trade bloc in North America. If there's not one then there's a good economic argument for reunification so that the resources of the FSA could be sold out of the port in New Orleans and so that New Orleans can profit from the aforementioned selling of goods. Of course, we're assuming here that Mexico wants them to remain divided. They may want to put a stronger barrier to their north up against any pesky German intrusions into the Panama Pact's Hemisphere.

Speaking of the Panama Pact, how are Colombia, Chile, and Argentina doing?
I think people like Maximilian because he seemed to really love Mexico and had some good reforms but they completelly ignore that he had basically no support and that he was supposed to be a French puppet.

As for the reunification you make great points and I guess that letting them reunite or not would depend on how well the Cold War was going.

Colombia are the ones I'm having the most trouble writting for but the idea is that their pollitics are divided between enphasizing their status as a federation or turning into a more unitary state where everyone is Colombian first and everything else second. I will probably make the first group succeed for a Pact Victory.

Chile elects Allende and he succeeds with Project Cybersin (because I think it's a cool concept) turninf Chile into a sort of Technology based economy and since they own mist if the worlds lithium I expect them to become a Tech-based economy in tge future.

Argentina has a prosperous economy and politics are mostly dominated by the SocDem Partido Civico Radical but new parties are gaining power rapidly.

What happened to the French and British holdings in South America? On this map they don't seem to be part of any nation but aren't marked as their own countries.