Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Warning
Not educational but needed to post it

Screenshot 2023-02-27 044331.png

Crazy Boris

Banned

View attachment 813687

The countries all being super-deformed and distorted but still having a shadow of their familiar shapes almost reminds me of extreme inbreeding in dogs

Like a dozen generations of DRC borders were bred together to exaggerate that nugget that sticks into northern Angola until it turns into a new panhandle (for a country that already has two)

This is deliberate and non-educational, but I think it's still better (apart from the deliberate island-moving) than many of the maps we've had in this thread:

I always hate dragging around the larger archipelagos, but I appreciate how the Scandanavian peninsula flexes outward to create a snug pocket for the British Isles.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor

View attachment 813687
This post represents something of a quandary. You have previous Kick for posting current political BS in the Map thread, However, that action was five years ago, with nothing else off the path since.

I'm going to see this as an unfortunate brain cramp and only give you a warning. Know, as sure as the Sun rising, next one won't be a warning.

This post represents something of a quandary. You have previous Kick for posting current political BS in the Map thread, However, that action was five years ago, with nothing else off the path since.

I'm going to see this as an unfortunate brain cramp and only give you a warning. Know, as sure as the Sun rising, next one won't be a warning.
I posted it because it was a terrible map, didnt think there was any chance it would launch any modern politics arguments, plus there isnt a terrible maps thread in the chat

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I posted it because it was a terrible map, didnt think there was any chance it would launch any modern politics arguments, plus there isnt a terrible maps thread in the chat
Doesn't matter if there is/is not a thread.

I, quite frankly, can't imagine that anyone could think that a map concerning a Front Page story involving pretty much every country in the G-20, and NATO, would not be political.

Doesn't matter if there is/is not a thread.

I, quite frankly, can't imagine that anyone could think that a map concerning a Front Page story involving pretty much every country in the G-20, and NATO, would not be political.
like i said it never even crossed my mind really, just wanted to share a terrible map, next time i guess i could snip out the little meme part because without it its just a bad map

Crazy Boris

Banned
Last edited:
This is such a bizarre mix of full names, shortned names, and adjectives and also i just noticed what the hell is Montana doing in Europe and where the hell did "Lee (Above)" come from and what's with "Equator" in Africa and Australia's there twice
and, for some reason, "Hal Jordan" XD

and, for some reason, "Hal Jordan" XD
Also "States", "Forums Uruguay", "Bolivar of Venezuel" and (my favourite) "SoDom and Prcipe" (Gomorrah sadly not available).

I suspect whoever came up with this didn't read English well and was picking names off an online list without understanding them.

Also "States", "Forums Uruguay", "Bolivar of Venezuel" and (my favourite) "SoDom and Prcipe" (Gomorrah sadly not available).

I suspect whoever came up with this didn't read English well and was picking names off an online list without understanding them.
from context, that's probably supposed to be "Sao Tome and Principe"--that West African island country