Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Tom Thumb, Jan 21, 2012.
Oh, yeah, that's pretty pants-looking. I'll go with the third idea.
So the request I have falls into the “shitpost” category, but I love how dumb it is. It’s a map of Europe and the surrounding area (with the surrounding area being North Africa and the Middle East.) I call it: “What if the crusades were successful but God hit the Randomizer button?”
It’s detailed, long, and weird, so bear with me.
This timeline features...
1. Spain and Portugal don’t change to much. Largely the same
2. Because The french people were so incredibly holy, every living french man, woman, and child was brought up into heaven. Their nation included. There is now a body of water occupying the same space France used to. However, the wallonians suspiciously never went up with the rest
3. The Spanish employ the jesuits to use their weird jesuit magic to create new islands for the Spanish to settle where the french lands once were. But the Basque got there first.
4. The British Isles are under Irish rule, and consists of an infinite amount of counties. They even have iceland.
5. A mysterious seer warned the Dutch about an unusual, yet dangerous threat which would destroy their homeland. So the dutch king gathered all the wizards and sorcerers in the nation to sink their nation underwater, effectively becoming Atlantis. Yet one of the wizards was half-asleep during the ritual and ended up excluding the Flemish.
6. The Germans of the HRE united the HRE and became a bunch of latin-speakers
7. Italy is even more divided than usual. With every city a country
8. A mysterious Lich who claimed to be the king of what he called “Belgium”. So he conquered Flanders and Wallonia, snd plans generic evil things
9. After many years of loyally serving the PLC, the Lipka Tartars were told that they can choose anywhere in the world for a homeland, as they are largely nomadic. One of the leaders of the Lipkas had recently seen a Polish rendition of hamlet, so he chose Denmark as the home for his people. After many wars, the Lipkas were only able to seize Jutland. With the rest of Denmark being independent (later annexed by the Norwegian empire). Overtime, the Lipkas became the majority, with a small popularity of Danes who grew to harte the lipkas. These Danes gained independence, holding very little territory in the northern Jutland. They have a weird religion that mixes Christianity and norse paganism.
10. The PLC took over Russia, and have since been known for their fur coat
11. Bohemia-Hungarian Union is where Europe’s largest elf populations resides
12. The Ottoman turks control just about everything in the balkans, and are Nestorian Christians for some reason. They also have
13. North Africa is little different
14. And Finally, there are Crusader states in the Middle East. They are the only 100% serious nations
Could anyone identify the flag(s?) present in these images of John Smith landing at Jamestown?
I think these are simply fictional of the "artistic licence" type. If the flag is meant to represent him taking possession of the land, it would logically be either the union flag of 1606 (like the modern UK flag but without the saint patrick saltire) or the royal standard of the time:
Artistic licence and recoloured I would say.
I note also a variant of the union flag used to some degree in Scotland:
is anyone willing to make a flag for a socialist Chinese clique? the clique follows buddhist socialism.
Which is because it's in the reign of James I and VI (who was Scottish, of course, and declared personal union over Great Britain).
the "saltire overall" version of the Union Flag was never official and appears to have been used only in scotland, only on land (i.e. not by ships) and may only have been the result of individual initiative rather than government policies.
What about combining the Dharma Chakra with a yellow star for a symbol and have 4 lines near the bottom of the flag to represent the 4 Noble Truths to make it stand out a bit more with OTL chinese flags.
Oh, yes. I just meant it was the artist's interpretation of the event, and presumably why they chose to portray it as such.
I think you might be a lot more charitable toward the illustrators that I am willing to be.
Thank you so much! This is nearly exactly what I'm looking for.
Here's an outline of mini-Yugoslavia. What I need if for you to cut it into Serbia and Croatia. Not a full map, I just need an idea for a border that looks nice.
Here's one using a slightly differenced version (as I'm stuck using flagmaker on the phone!)
It's wonderful, thank you!
'ello guvna! i was wondering if anybody would like to make a high-res version of this flag.
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to wrap text in GIMP.
Can someone help me out? I want "STATE OF KING" in the black font at the bottom, and "WE SHALL OVERCOME" in black font at the top of the circle. Both in Arial font. The green text is just there to give an idea of how I'd like it to be arranged.
Thanks in advance.
I’ll do it!
Does anyone have a software (e.g., Inkscape, GIMP, QGIS, paint.net) that can merge all the Religious M-BAM maps?
Here is the link:
Spoiler: Warning: Lots of Maps ahead
I can try (with paint.net), but my laptop is quite old so I don't know if the memory will cope. Also, work is very busy at the moment, so it certainly won't be for a couple of weeks. However, if no-one else jumps in before then, I'll give it a go - no promises if the laptop will manage it though!
Separate names with a comma.