Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone identify the flag(s?) present in these images of John Smith landing at Jamestown?
View attachment 492355

I think these are simply fictional of the "artistic licence" type. If the flag is meant to represent him taking possession of the land, it would logically be either the union flag of 1606 (like the modern UK flag but without the saint patrick saltire) or the royal standard of the time:

200px-Royal_Standard_of_Great_Britain_%281603-1649%29.svg.png

Could anyone identify the flag(s?) present in these images of John Smith landing at Jamestown?
View attachment 492355

I think these are simply fictional of the "artistic licence" type. If the flag is meant to represent him taking possession of the land, it would logically be either the union flag of 1606 (like the modern UK flag but without the saint patrick saltire) or the royal standard of the time:

200px-Royal_Standard_of_Great_Britain_%281603-1649%29.svg.png
Artistic licence and recoloured I would say.
I note also a variant of the union flag used to some degree in Scotland:
800px-Union_Jack_1606_Scotland.svg.png

Which is because it's in the reign of James I and VI (who was Scottish, of course, and declared personal union over Great Britain).

the "saltire overall" version of the Union Flag was never official and appears to have been used only in scotland, only on land (i.e. not by ships) and may only have been the result of individual initiative rather than government policies.

the "saltire overall" version of the Union Flag was never official and appears to have been used only in scotland, only on land (i.e. not by ships) and may only have been the result of individual initiative rather than government policies.
Oh, yes. I just meant it was the artist's interpretation of the event, and presumably why they chose to portray it as such.

Here's an outline of mini-Yugoslavia. What I need if for you to cut it into Serbia and Croatia. Not a full map, I just need an idea for a border that looks nice.

0.jpg

I was thinking a blue background, but symbol wise, this seems to be a good one:
nativeamericansymbols-change.jpg

This is the symbol "Thunder", which means change, renewal, and fertility, all things that can be used to describe the surviving Confederacy of Tecumseh.
Here's one using a slightly differenced version (as I'm stuck using flagmaker on the phone!)
tecumseh2.png

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to wrap text in GIMP.

Can someone help me out? I want "STATE OF KING" in the black font at the bottom, and "WE SHALL OVERCOME" in black font at the top of the circle. Both in Arial font. The green text is just there to give an idea of how I'd like it to be arranged.

Thanks in advance.

upload_2019-10-6_16-21-24.png

Deleted member 107125

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to wrap text in GIMP.

Can someone help me out? I want "STATE OF KING" in the black font at the bottom, and "WE SHALL OVERCOME" in black font at the top of the circle. Both in Arial font. The green text is just there to give an idea of how I'd like it to be arranged.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 493099
I’ll do it!

Does anyone have a software (e.g., Inkscape, GIMP, QGIS, paint.net) that can merge all the Religious M-BAM maps?
I can try (with paint.net), but my laptop is quite old so I don't know if the memory will cope. Also, work is very busy at the moment, so it certainly won't be for a couple of weeks. However, if no-one else jumps in before then, I'll give it a go - no promises if the laptop will manage it though!

Starforce

Banned
How's this for Russia? Wasn't sure if you meant one that was remade to replace the existing Federation or one that just never died in the first place. This should work for either.View attachment 490899

Good, how about a modern Fascist Germany and Greater poland?

communist japan:
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/request-maps-flags-here.228562/page-414#post-18652511

how are the 2 fascist countries different from their real-life WW2 counterparts ?

They are fascist, however they have liberalized. No holocaust or similar genocides were committed by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.