I'm sorry guys. The reason I haven't been posting much at all is because I haven't been in an alternate history phase. But now I'm back in it. I actually already had a set date for the first post, but wasn't into alternate history enough to write it. But now since I'm back in this phase I'll start writing soon. Good thing the set date hasn't already occurred yet. I have a specific holiday in mind 😉😉.
I was gonna post this earlier this year but was too burnt out. I'm no longer burnt out now.

One thing's for certain, I think the Soviets would then go ahead and make a huge effort to bring the MaVr programme. Essentially, the Soviets would've used the N1L1 rocket to take a small Space station-like vessel to Mars, and then Venus, with a crew of (I think) 3 people. The mission would've probably taken place in 1973. That would also mean that we'd likely see the Saturn VI in such a timeline.

One thing's for certain, I think the Soviets would then go ahead and make a huge effort to bring the MaVr programme. Essentially, the Soviets would've used the N1L1 rocket to take a small Space station-like vessel to Mars, and then Venus, with a crew of (I think) 3 people. The mission would've probably taken place in 1973. That would also mean that we'd likely see the Saturn VI in such a timeline.
I think 1973 might be a little too early for manned missions to Venus and Mars

Thanks! 🤗

You're welcome and welcome back :)
Burnout I understand... Getting started, now that's my problem :)

I think 1973 might be a little too early for manned missions to Venus and Mars

Very much so as the Soviets were worried about the propaganda loss and prestige if they entered but did not 'win' the Moon race and they were even more worried about loosing another crew in a public manner. They would have pushed the mission to a later date. (They 'may' have tried to upstage any American effort in 1976 but the early 80s are more likely)
(Edit: Forgot to mention and the "problem" with the early 80s is solar activity which neither the US or Soviets really understood enough about at the time. Very high chance of a crew dying due to a big solar flare or CME)

Saturn VI? A lot depends on the initial POD and moves from there but if we lose WvB then it's not likely we have Saturn at all. A slightly (again depends on if Ike is President or Truman for that matter) more likely possible heavy launch vehicle is the Air Force "SLS 1960" concept or the "Arcturus" which was a proposed use clustered Titan 1 Tanks with F1 engines :)
1687787809625.jpeg

Of course that assumes the "heavy" Titan is still proposed as a 'backup' for the Atlas :)

Alternate History and all :)

Randy

OMG GUYS I AM SO SORRY I FORGOT

I was putting it off to the start of July but I had already forgotten. Plus it was the first day of the school holidays and I was really excited because I had loads of free time.

But I didn't, and I forgot, so now there is no story to post today for July 4th.

I apologise.

I'm gonna take a break to think this through because normally I make things up as I go along and I feel like I shouldn't do that for this. Just going to take some time to think.

I'm gonna take a break to think this through because normally I make things up as I go along and I feel like I shouldn't do that for this. Just going to take some time to think.
My advice for a lot of timelines is outline and pre-write further in advance, or seek discussion on more general outlines. It gives more chance to think things though, and supports a faster posting rate when you go to post--no one knows it took you six months to write something if you have all the posts ready to go when you finally start to post a section of timeline. Good luck with writing and planning!

My advice for a lot of timelines is outline and pre-write further in advance, or seek discussion on more general outlines. It gives more chance to think things though, and supports a faster posting rate when you go to post--no one knows it took you six months to write something if you have all the posts ready to go when you finally start to post a section of timeline. Good luck with writing and planning!
I haven't started it yet (I was planning on publishing it on July 4th but I got distracted by the holidays), and now I guess I should have written it first before I started this thread. I really gotta have to learn to think things through.

And something I keep forgetting to point out on these "continued Apollo" threads :)

The proposed 'second run' of Saturn V's for such a run would likely include most if not all the improvements that NASA wanted to make which would include using the F-1A and J-2S engines and adding tank stretches to the S-1C and possibly the S-II and S-IVB. All of which would have made later flights much different than the ones we know.

Randy

Sorry if I took too long I forgot. There's a lot of things that are going on in my life and also I'm a procrastinator who has more than one thing planned. Right now I'm going through some mental health problems and I am slowly building up on working on the other things I have planned. I haven't really made progress on this project besides forgetting about since I'm very forgetful. Nothing new has happened and I only just remembered about this. But now that I have I'll try and work out something with everything else in my life. But first I'll deal with my mental health before I work on sorting out a way to deal with my procrastination. So I'm here to tell you that there's unfortunately not going to be anything new coming anytime soon. I'm sorry for all the delays that have happened since last year. I'll try and get something done with this project before the one year anniversary of the project's announcement and the beginning of this thread. Anyways for now goodbye and I promise you I'll see you again later. Bye-bye (for now).