Rank Insignia and Uniforms Thread

A soldier for my fictional nation; The Empire of Valain. Was aiming for a Great War Era feel to it.

New Valain Infantry.png

Dress uniforms of my own fictional nation, the Safirian Empire, as would be worn by a male half-safir (as evidenced by only having two arms) flag officer

(Left to right: Army, Navy, Air Force, Space Force)

Dress%20mid.png

Mid weather 1 (open collar)

Dress%20mid%20stand%20collar.png

Mid weather 2 (stand collar)

Dress%20cold.png

Cold weather

Last edited:
The Parade Uniforms of the Hungarian People's Army, Airfleet, Border Guards, and Special Forces circa 2014.

In reality I just wanted to try my hand at this. Turned out pretty good. No, I didn't save any bases, but feel free to copy anything. Same order as above, clockwise from top right, with rankman on the right and general+ on the left. Other then the Special Forces, it's pretty standard Eastern Bloc stuff... well, besides the French cuffs and a few other details.

that.png

My first nomination? Thanks!

It's for something I thought would only get an 'A for effort'. I don't know how to feel about this.

I think I'll have to make it better, then, so I feel as if I deserve something. Doing every variation and accompanying ranks, epaulets and collar tabs might be enough...

Ming777

Monthly Donor
For a very different type of Insignia, Here is the Ship's Badge of HMCS Juno Beach, named in Honour of the Canadian Army's landing on D-Day, 1944.

Juno Beach.png

Juno Beach.png

Just something I put together, not one-hundred percent accurate and my first attempt at making a template, feel free to use!

Awesome! Love the pith helmet. :)

Futuristic Rank insignias of the USAF
Those are pretty freaking awesome.

Another 18th Century uniform made by me.

Beautiful. ;)

A soldier for my fictional nation; The Empire of Valain. Was aiming for a Great War Era feel to it.

I like his mean mug. :eek:

Last edited: