Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Crazy Boris

Banned
image.png

July 4, 1776: A bunch of guys in Philly get mad over taxes, and as a result, untold thousands of people get their hands blown off by fireworks in the coming centuries

Crazy Boris

Banned
Where did you get the Russian divisions? Also Russian border with Turkey is wrong. Russia gained Kerch and lands between Dnieper and Southern Buh according the Treaty of Küçük Kaynarca

I had to take divisions from around 1800 and sort of work backwards with info I could find on English and Russian wiki, admittedly, neither was super helpful, lots of vague descriptions, but I did my best with what I had.

That border is just an oversight, I did look up that treaty but I was mostly just looking into how it relates to Crimea, so other parts of it may have slipped by me. I’ll be able to fix it tomorrow though, should be an easy edit.

image.png

July 4, 1776: A bunch of guys in Philly get mad over taxes, and as a result, untold thousands of people get their hands blown off by fireworks in the coming centuries

The boundary between Durham and Northumberland is still missing. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Hey does anyone have any detailed information on Tewodros II of Ethiopia? After he ends the Zemene Mesafint, the wikipedia sources give up on dating the rebellions that happen, and I'd like to add them in for specifics. The only 3 rebels I can find during this era are the Emperors who immediately suceed him

image.png

Surely a great one!

Just some quick notes:
- The autonomous Mount Lebanon Emirate is missing from the map, in the same way that the (mainly Kurdish) Chiefdoms in Eastern Anatolia and Western Iran.
- The Ottoman Iraq was ruled autonomously by the Mamluk dynasty.
- As far as I'm concerned, the Baltic Governorates had some kind of autonomy.
- The situation in Eastern Iran was more chaotic than that (althoug I'm aware that it is difficult to map)
- Máramaros County has been transfered to Hungary proper in 1733.
- Also, the Malvinas were controlled by Spain at that time.

Last edited:
Surely a great one!

Just some quick notes:
- The autonomous Mount Lebanon Emirate is missing from the map, in the same way that the (mainly Kurdish) Chiefdoms in Eastern Anatolia and Western Iran.
- The Ottoman Iraq was ruled autonomously by the Mamluk dynasty.
- As far as I'm concerned, the Baltic Governorates had some kind of autonomy.
- The situation in Eastern Iran was more chaotic than that (althoug I'm aware that it is difficult to map)
- Máramaros County has been transfered to Hungary proper in 1733.
- Also, the Malvinas were controlled by Spain at that time.
And Britain owned Menorca still, from 1713-1783

image.png

Another thing to add is the Albanian Pashaliks of Scutari and Berat
Also, what is going on in ireland?

Last edited:

Crazy Boris

Banned
image.png

Thanks for the feedback, everyone, here is the new and improved map!

(also @DaniCBP Spanish presence in the Falklands was already there, its just really small since I was using de facto control)

image.png

(also @DaniCBP Spanish presence in the Falklands was already there, its just really small since I was using de facto control)
7bYk9WX.png

Fixed some internals in China as follows:
Yingshan Xian: Hubei > Anhui (before 1933)
modern area of Jinzhai Xian: Anhui > Henan (before 1933)
Dangshan Xian, Xiao Xian: Anhui > Jiangsu (before 1955)
modern area of Xuyi Xian and Sihong Xian: Jiangsu > Anhui (before 1955)
Wuyuan Xian: Jiangxi > Anhui (before 1932)
part of modern Panzhihua: Sichuan > Yunnan (before 1941)
Tibetan border west of the Jinsha River (before 1933)
part of modern Weishan Xian: Shandong > Jiangsu (before 1949)

I also redrew the Sichuan-Qinghai and Shengjing-Jilin borders entirely since they looked a bit funny.

Last edited:
image.png

(also @DaniCBP Spanish presence in the Falklands was already there, its just really small since I was using de facto contr

image.png

After the first partition northern galicia has a slightly different border than 1914 borders around Zamocs

Spain 1700 Map QBAM.png

The Rotting Corpse that was the Spanish Empire in Europe, 1700
Spain 1716 Map QBAM.png

Spain after Philip V's Nueva Planta Decrees in 1707 and 1716 (edit: forgot Gibraltar :mad: )

This isn't necessarily anything too "new" about this, but I was inspired after I saw this DeviantArt Post on the Admin. Divisions of Habsburg Spain, and I've always wondered about those curious extra details, and if they were really there or not. This also hopes to include different borders in the Low Countries region, as France held West Flanders until 1713, and the giant mess that was the Low Countries were still there for another 100 years.

Also again, be sure to tell if it's correct or not to show it all as that big Spanish Yellow or not, I really went either or on Milan. And the Counties of the Spanish Netherlands also having a darker line separating them, rather than the traditional 1st Division grey.

(also hopefully my progress on a 1688 (pre-War of the League of Augsburg {1688-1697} map of the HRE comes along using some of these borders)

Last edited:
After the first partition northern galicia has a slightly different border than 1914 borders around Zamocs

Yeah, there was a small slice of Austria's 1st Partition share, around Zamosc, that Napoleon carved off when he expanded the Duchy of Warsaw...
Why Metternich didn't try to get it back at the CoV, I don't know.... Always just figured it was another of those historical quirks :)

Last edited:
View attachment 822197
The Rotting Corpse that was the Spanish Empire in Europe, 1700
View attachment 822198
Spain after Philip V's Nueva Planta Decrees in 1707 and 1716 (edit: forgot Gibraltar :mad: )

This isn't necessarily anything too "new" about this, but I was inspired after I saw this DeviantArt Post on the Admin. Divisions of Habsburg Spain, and I've always wondered about those curious extra details, and if they were really there or not. This also hopes to include different borders in the Low Countries region, as France held West Flanders until 1713, and the giant mess that was the Low Countries were still there for another 100 years.

Also again, be sure to tell if it's correct or not to show it all as that big Spanish Yellow or not, I really went either or on Milan. And the Counties of the Spanish Netherlands also having a darker line separating them, rather than the traditional 1st Division grey.

(also hopefully my progress on a 1688 (pre-War of the League of Augsburg {1688-1697} map of the HRE comes along using some of these borders)
What happens with the coast near Alicante? (Southern València)