Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

image.png

264 BC: start of the first Punic War
What is the state in the Maldives?

I hv no issue with that. My issue is with if there was a Kingdom that had control over the whole thing, that early on.
The only state in the Maldives at that time was the Dheeva Maari, which as far as I can tell dips into mythological territory. Even then, at that time it should have only covered the southern atolls.

Adeeta Vansa dynasty
it straddles the line between myth and history, but I usually err on the side of something being there with cases like these
You sure its not only in the southern Islands like Casper said?
The only state in the Maldives at that time was the Dheeva Maari, which as far as I can tell dips into mythological territory. Even then, at that time it should have only covered the southern atolls.

I've always been under the assumption that the whole chain was always united
It's not entirely necessary to show anything beyond what you did anyways—everything I've read says that at the time of the Adeeta Vanda/Dheeva Maari the northern atolls were populated with a seperate group of people.

As in, it's never explicitly stated which atolls the Kingdom held or didn't, other than "the southern [ones]".

I've been continuing work on the African colonization timeline, and I've decided to work on specific regions conquered or incorporated by specific European powers. Here's what I have so far:
Timeline of African Colonization (1830-1939)
I'll be posting the links to them as I am able to make them, and while I'm not totally (or I think I'm not at least) done with African colonization stuff I've worked on so far, this is more of a heads up to where things will go if anyone needs it. If you have any thoughts about how you think it should be organized or any other comments you might have. Feel free to share because one day it will be very big and making certain changes will be more difficult

I've been continuing work on the African colonization timeline, and I've decided to work on specific regions conquered or incorporated by specific European powers. Here's what I have so far:
Timeline of African Colonization (1830-1939)
I'll be posting the links to them as I am able to make them, and while I'm not totally (or I think I'm not at least) done with African colonization stuff I've worked on so far, this is more of a heads up to where things will go if anyone needs it. If you have any thoughts about how you think it should be organized or any other comments you might have. Feel free to share because one day it will be very big and making certain changes will be more difficult
Forgot to say this but I'd be open to adding administrative stuff since some people use those in their maps, but I have no idea where to find certain things, like what changes were made to provinces and such. I think it is better shown visually, and I'm not exactly sure how incorporate it, but I'd be willing to add it in if you guys want and I'll figure something out. Because info about this is scarce, I'd like some help finding the sources if you guys decide yes

Pretty sure the border in Poland according to the treaty of Brest-Litovsk was along the Wieprz river rather than the border of the former Kholm Governorate. I think there’s some maps on Wikipedia about that.
You can be right. I'm making a post WW1 scenario and i looked for ukraine ww1 borders as qbam for it. I wasnt satisfied with the ones i found so i drew myself. Its not perfect but i would say its %90 true

You can be right. I'm making a post WW1 scenario and i looked for ukraine ww1 borders as qbam for it. I wasnt satisfied with the ones i found so i drew myself. Its not perfect but i would say its %90 true
Here's one I collected somewhere that shows the western borders of Ukraine as set out in the Treaty of B-L with the Ukrainians... it includes the Chelm region as part of Ukraine, and sort-of approximates the Kholm Guberniya, but simplified somewhat...

440px-Northwestern_boundary_of_Ukraine_by_the_Treaty_of_Brest_Litovsk.jpg

My go at German African Colonial Reservations around the time of 1914.
These do not include de-facto borders such as non-vassalized tribal groups. If you don't think I accurately depicted these, feel free to remake them yourselves, and point out my mistakes, because this was maddening lol.
Togoland Map PNG.png

German Togoland
Kamerun Map PNG.png

German Kamerun (after the 1911 enlargement at Agadir)
German Southwest Africa Map PNG.png

German Southwest Africa
German East Africa Map PNG.png

German Tanganyika/East Africa

I'll see if this link to my source works/if it makes people's devices crash, because this is a pretty gigantic image...

The Main Source I was using for these, although I recognize this isn't 100% trust worthy on borders.

My go at German African Colonial Reservations around the time of 1914.
These do not include de-facto borders such as non-vassalized tribal groups. If you don't think I accurately depicted these, feel free to remake them yourselves, and point out my mistakes, because this was maddening lol.
View attachment 815066
German Togoland
View attachment 815068
German Kamerun (after the 1911 enlargement at Agadir)
View attachment 815070
German Southwest Africa
View attachment 815071
German Tanganyika/East Africa

I'll see if this link to my source works/if it makes people's devices crash, because this is a pretty gigantic image...

The Main Source I was using for these, although I recognize this isn't 100% trust worthy on borders.
Wow

Crazy Boris

Banned
We shouldn't show Russian republics exclude Chechnya and maaaaaaaaybe Tatarstan as unrecognized states. They defined itself as parts of RSFSR in their sovereignty declarations

I’ll be honest, as I was mapping them I was kind of going back and forth on what exactly their de facto status was, I wasn’t really 100% sure what the declarations of state sovereignty meant, but I assumed based on what I read that they were, in theory, supposed to elevate them to SSR status (worldstatesmen seems to indicate that the declarations made a change in the formal name to SSR), but I couldn’t actually find the text of any of them to see for myself. I was mostly going off of a couple other maps I had seen for the date, assuming other people would know more than me.