Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

cross post from Improvement thread;
Hi all, went on to Wiki for Tusi [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tusi] put it in a spreadsheet [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=117011137109804381814&rtpof=true&sd=true] then used @Xasper H. 's mapbase to poduce these;
Tusi States-anachronistic.png

Chongqing and Guizhou provinces.png

Guangxi province.png

Yunnan province.png

Sichuan province.png

Tibetan tusi.png

I've split them down to make the numbering less confusing and the key is on the spreadsheet along with dates

France 1662 Map QBAM.png

France in 1662, purchase of English Dunkirk and after the Franco-Spanish War 1635-1659
-Different looking border with Savoy, and that random Spanish exclave and Flanders stuff
France 1668 Map QBAM.png

France in 1668, after the War of Devolution 1667-1668, and after Louis XIV being a baby
-My humble attempt at that atrocious looking border in Belgium, and my random guess as to where other exclaves or borders might've grown
France 1701 Map QBAM.png

France in 1701, after the War of the Spanish Succession 1701-1714
-Different border with Savoy
-Different border with the Habsburg Netherlands

All of these are my honest attempts at capturing the glory of what is Louis XIV's French Kingdom, but these seem to make no sense in some areas due to struggle researching.
I humbly petition more patches in the 1600-1700 Range, to those looking for ideas not covered as of lately.

-and no, i have no idea what I'm doing in lorraine and alsace

Deleted member 67329

View attachment 779872
France in 1662, purchase of English Dunkirk and after the Franco-Spanish War 1635-1659
-Different looking border with Savoy, and that random Spanish exclave and Flanders stuff
View attachment 779873
France in 1668, after the War of Devolution 1667-1668, and after Louis XIV being a baby
-My humble attempt at that atrocious looking border in Belgium, and my random guess as to where other exclaves or borders might've grown
View attachment 779874
France in 1701, after the War of the Spanish Succession 1701-1714
-Different border with Savoy
-Different border with the Habsburg Netherlands

All of these are my honest attempts at capturing the glory of what is Louis XIV's French Kingdom, but these seem to make no sense in some areas due to struggle researching.
I humbly petition more patches in the 1600-1700 Range, to those looking for ideas not covered as of lately.

-and no, i have no idea what I'm doing in lorraine and alsace

Nice maps! Would be good to have one set after the Truce of Ratibon too

445px-France-LouisXIV-1.jpg

May be a dumb question, but how do I figure out wether to color a territory as a colony, protectorate, core, etc etc. A lot of the times articles I find for say German colonies use the terms protectorate and colony almost interchangeably.

Crazy Boris

Banned
May be a dumb question, but how do I figure out wether to color a territory as a colony, protectorate, core, etc etc. A lot of the times articles I find for say German colonies use the terms protectorate and colony almost interchangeably.

The Wikipedia articles for these places will usually clarify what it’s status was

Occasionally, but the terminology can get muddled, is there a definitive source that just lists a states status in uniform terms somewhere?
Unfortunately, no, and the best way to see it is to read up on it in the wikipedia articles about the specific ruler of the state at the time and see whether it says they were a vassal/colony/whatever status it is