Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Hey @Sharklord1. Wanted to ask where did you got the provincial borders for the Sassanid Empire on this? I got the qbam from a google drive link btw. Thanks.
It's been a while since I've done them but it boiled down to 2 things: wikipedia maps and my own judgement on historical regions

The wikipedia maps by a guy called "HistoryofIran" show these provinces:
2865px-Map_of_the_Sasanian_province_of_Pars.svg.png
2480px-Sasanian_Kirman.svg.png
2294px-Map_of_the_Sasanian_province_Spahan%2C_also_known_as_Parthau.svg.png
2048px-Sasanian_Khuzestan.svg.png

There were also other provinces such as Adiabene and Armenia which had their own maps and I drew them over. There are also some other maps which didn't show borders but showed approximate regions. This is where my personal judgement came in, since some of the provinces were former ancient Kingdoms (example: Characene became the province of Meshan). Also, Iranian cultural-geographical regions (I forget what the exact term is for it) tended to have specific areas with specific names associated with them. So I pulled from the list of provinces on wikipedia, found the maps, and added borders based on the geography associated with the province.
Sasanian_Iraq.png
2778px-The_provinces_of_Sakastan%2C_Paradan%2C_Turan%2C_Makuran_and_Hind_in_the_early_Sasanian_era.svg.png
4257px-Map_of_the_Kushano-Sasanian_Kingdom.svg.png
Map_of_northern_Iran_under_late_Sasanian_rule.png
Sasanian_province_of_Harev.png

It's not exactly accurate though, and alternative methods can be used I'm sure. At the time, I trusted my judgement since I was getting into Sassanid history at the time.

It's been a while since I've done them but it boiled down to 2 things: wikipedia maps and my own judgement on historical regions

The wikipedia maps by a guy called "HistoryofIran" show these provinces:
2865px-Map_of_the_Sasanian_province_of_Pars.svg.png
2480px-Sasanian_Kirman.svg.png
2294px-Map_of_the_Sasanian_province_Spahan%2C_also_known_as_Parthau.svg.png
2048px-Sasanian_Khuzestan.svg.png

There were also other provinces such as Adiabene and Armenia which had their own maps and I drew them over. There are also some other maps which didn't show borders but showed approximate regions. This is where my personal judgement came in, since some of the provinces were former ancient Kingdoms (example: Characene became the province of Meshan). Also, Iranian cultural-geographical regions (I forget what the exact term is for it) tended to have specific areas with specific names associated with them. So I pulled from the list of provinces on wikipedia, found the maps, and added borders based on the geography associated with the province.
Sasanian_Iraq.png
2778px-The_provinces_of_Sakastan%2C_Paradan%2C_Turan%2C_Makuran_and_Hind_in_the_early_Sasanian_era.svg.png
4257px-Map_of_the_Kushano-Sasanian_Kingdom.svg.png
Map_of_northern_Iran_under_late_Sasanian_rule.png
Sasanian_province_of_Harev.png

It's not exactly accurate though, and alternative methods can be used I'm sure. At the time, I trusted my judgement since I was getting into Sassanid history at the time.
I see I see. I was struggling a few days ago to find anything related to the administrative divisions of the Sassanid Empire as it appears there's nothing reliable. So thanks for answering either way

Where did you get the Italian subdivisions from?
I found(ond english wikipedia i believe) information on charlamagne establishing a couple counties in the north that essentialy aligned with the local bishoprics, so based on that an the fact that charlamagne like to place the counties in the hands of local bishops and that ecclesiastical provinces like to follow political divisions I made the assumptin that the teritorries of the italian counties would roughly allign with the teritorries of the bishoprics whos capitals aligned with those of former lombard gastaldi(a list of those I got from italian wikipedia). I did all that like a week maby before one Wario2 uploaded his interpretation of the lombard administration to the english wikipedia

1800 WIP.png

Been making a map for August 1, 1800. However, I want to actually make a key for this one (finally smh).
Is this way the best way to do it? Or should I be subdividing into smaller regions. Or should I be doing something differently? Would like some feedback before I spend a whole lot of time on this. If you got thoughts on anything else, go ahead and tell me.

Last edited:
View attachment 899368
Been making a map for August 1, 1800. However, I want to actually make a key for this one (finally smh).
Is this way the best way to do it? Or should I be subdividing into smaller regions. Or should I be doing something differently? Would like some feedback before I spend a whole lot of time on this. If you got thoughts on anything else, go ahead and tell me.
I think this works just fine

I found(ond english wikipedia i believe) information on charlamagne establishing a couple counties in the north that essentialy aligned with the local bishoprics, so based on that an the fact that charlamagne like to place the counties in the hands of local bishops and that ecclesiastical provinces like to follow political divisions I made the assumptin that the teritorries of the italian counties would roughly allign with the teritorries of the bishoprics whos capitals aligned with those of former lombard gastaldi(a list of those I got from italian wikipedia). I did all that like a week maby before one Wario2 uploaded his interpretation of the lombard administration to the english wikipedia
That Wario2 is me lmao, I made that map basically taking the information from this video but I still thought there would be some more information about that, it's an obscure period ngl.

Last edited:
View attachment 899368
This approach works fine I think, but it may be too soon to tell. Great work thus far. I cannot wait to see the finished product!

Has someone in this thread ever posted a de-facto vs. de-jure map of the provinces of the PRC?, I seem to recall it, but dunno if it was posted in this thread or not, or if it was even in Q-BAM to begin with.

I do however, remember that someone in this thread made/was working on a map of the de-jure provinces of the PRC, I still have it below, but I do not have the de-facto one that I am looking for:
chinaredonedual.png

Native American WIP.png

I've got some questions:
Anyone know if there were any other Native American groups in the Southeast besides the big 5?
Should I include any forts and non-native settlements?