Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

I’d say that within the context of the post Berlin conference period, Portugal getting the the whole of the preliminary territory was rather unlikely due to vastly inferior capability to project power there compared to the belgians

Proposals to partition East Galicia between Poland and West Ukraine, 1919
1671753144515.png

I like that Hungary wanted Romanian-populated part of Transylvania but not Szeklerland

I presume they expected a population transfer.

Part of it is probably having a generally same level of expansion rather than having a long panhandley thing that including Szeklerland but not most of the Romanian Translyvania would create.

Yeahhhh I'm not going down that rabbit hole again.
Understandably so.

I suppose what could work is if at least a few folks wanted to volunteer to update that post by indexing every proposal since that excellent index of yours and to do it in chunks. It would be about 173 pages worth. If say 6 people were involved they could be tasked with doing around 29-30 pages each. Perhaps the work itself could be done via PMs so that in the end a single updated index (of pages 95 to 270+) could then be done via one post (and obviously link back to the previous index on page 95).

I suppose what could work is if at least a few folks wanted to volunteer to update that post by indexing every proposal since that excellent index of yours and to do it in chunks. It would be about 173 pages worth. If say 6 people were involved they could be tasked with doing around 29-30 pages each. Perhaps the work itself could be done via PMs so that in the end a single updated index (of pages 95 to 270+) could then be done via one post (and obviously link back to the previous index on page 95).
Or just make a drive document and paste the textcode there to make a compilation.

Agvan Dorzhiev, the Buryat Buddhist monk who was quite influential in the Russian monarchy in the 1890s and 1900s. He believed that not only was Tsar Nicholas II the reincarnation of the White Tara, but that the prophecy of Shambala was to be fulfilled through a Russian invasion of China and liberation of Tibet, which would lead to the founding of a "great" Buddhist empire in Eurasia. After the Russian Civil War, Dorzhiev proposed that Mongolia be given areas traditionally inhabited by the Oirats such as Tarbagatai, Ili, and Altai but was denied by the Soviets.

So I first learned about this guy's page from the vexillographia.ru page on Russian flag proposals, which linked to his "magnum opus" of sorts, a full-scale restructuring of the Russian Federation with flags for each new state:
View attachment 768554
so im dumb and didnt look properly, but the guy who runs/ran the site (a.v. akopian) and this guy (oleg gerasimov) are different people, i wasn't paying attention when i made this post lol

in any case it looks like he made a "new" version of it which just removes all of the non-presently russian territories

Agvan Dorzhiev, the Buryat Buddhist monk who was quite influential in the Russian monarchy in the 1890s and 1900s. He believed that not only was Tsar Nicholas II the reincarnation of the White Tara, but that the prophecy of Shambala was to be fulfilled through a Russian invasion of China and liberation of Tibet, which would lead to the founding of a "great" Buddhist empire in Eurasia. After the Russian Civil War, Dorzhiev proposed that Mongolia be given areas traditionally inhabited by the Oirats such as Tarbagatai, Ili, and Altai but was denied by the Soviets.
Ungarn-Sternberg likes this.
Anyone has idea about that "great Buddhist Empire"? I pressume Tibet and Mongolia...