Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Crazy Boris

Banned
View attachment 768017
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whole_Azerbaijan
Proposed by Azerbaijani historian Adalet Tahirzade
Includes the Iranian provinces of West Azerbaijan, East Azerbaijan, Ardabil, Kurdistan, Zanjan, Gilan, Kermanshah, Hamdan, Qazvin, Ilam, Lorestan, and Markazi.
Would someone mind making a Worlda and/or a QBAM out of this?

that straight line in Georgia is bugging me so much. Come on, Tahirzade, you could be specific with slicing chunks off Iran and Iraq, don’t suddenly get lazy here.

They still had as far I remember, they just didn't do anything without the consent of Berlin.

Speaking of Yugoslavia, there was a proposed different partition of Yugoslavia to give legitimacy to the Milan Nedic puppet regime, it would have meant Ustashe Croatia would have needed to concede parts of Bosnia.

But it didn't went beyond "talks" without concrete proposals.
Yeah, there were some proposals, but this would never have happened. Serbia was considered extremely unreliable, and so was Nedić, on the merit that the Germans had to "convince" him to act as their puppet ruler. Serbia technically didn't even exist, it was under total occupation.

From the mind of Vladimir Zhirinovsky:
1661695109083.png

Why did he want Slovakia?
He might excuse it as saying it will protect Slavs from Magyars.

From the mind of Vladimir Zhirinovsky:
View attachment 770120
I must say, it is interesting one country is labeled as Serbia rather than Yugoslavia or Serbia and Montenegro. Might just be how it was in that language. Also interesting that the Russia’s will apparently give up the city of Kaliningrad but not the rest. And whether Estonians would all be deported to Tallin. Seems more likely the Lithuanians need to make a new home for themselves, or the Russians just classify the Balts (not including the Finnic speakers) as being the same. The Grand Duchy of Lithuania was around for ages, so I half think this guy (assuming a person isn’t just adding together all the various comments the politician might have made) is just considering countries with centuries old kingdoms to count. Though it still wouldn’t add up.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
since when has this been a rule? i've never seen anybody ever bring this up on this site before. it's literally a default twitch emote
Well, there are lots of threads, most people never even scratch the surface of what is out there. We've been pretty clear on Pepe memes for probably five years now.

As far as Twitch, good for them. This isn't Twitch.

If there is nobody ever bringing it up, how do you suppose I even came into this thread? It was because your post was reported. Mods almost never simply happen to see something that needs to be addressed. We react to reports. Full Stop.

putting the thread back on track i'll repost this:
map-cambodia-eez-3.jpg

cambodian EEZ including the unliaterally declared border set by the khmer rouge, the mayaguez incident was caused by a ship going too far into their claimed territory

If there is nobody ever bringing it up, how do you suppose I even came into this thread? It was because your post was reported. Mods almost never simply happen to see something that needs to be addressed. We react to reports. Full Stop.
Hasn't there been widespread usage of Pepe by people who aren't far right as well? I could probably name quite a few people who oppose such extremism and whatnot who have used Pepe as a meme.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Hasn't there been widespread usage of Pepe by people who aren't far right as well? I could probably name quite a few people who oppose such extremism and whatnot who have used Pepe as a meme.
Probably.

Nonetheless, in the online world it is very much a toxic meme.

The main really popular adoption of Pepe outside of the wing-nut-o-sphere that I can think of, is his use by protesters in Hong Kong, who FWIU were either largely unaware of or indifferent to the negative connotations... Even Pepe's original creator has disowned his creation due to the use in far-right memes....

From my anecdotal experience the usage of Pepe in far right memes seems to have died down since 2016-2017, or at least has been overshadowed by its use in regular memes, but nevertheless while I feel like it was a stupid thing to report in the first place it’s also a stupid thing to continue arguing about in this thread.

I’m getting ready to go to Mass, but once I get back to my room, I’m planning on sharing another Napoleon proposal from pretty early on in the Napoleonic wars that I found to be interesting.