Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Apologies for the protracted hiatus, I've been busy with quite a few personal things over the last few months. Since the last update way back in June (hard to believe its been that long) I moved to a new state, bought a house, started a new position at work, and to top it all off I started Grad school so I haven't really had the time or energy to work on this timeline as much as I wanted to recently. I'm also torn between continuing this timeline as it currently stands, restarting it and changing the POD slightly while also fleshing out some earlier chapters, or releasing the Henry the Young King timeline I've been secretly working on for the last few months. Either way, I'm thinking the hiatus will sadly continue at least until sometime after New Years.
Good luck on Grad School! May I pry and ask what your field of study is? (as a fellow Grad student myself :) ). Take your time on the next chapter - I can't wait to see what come next and, as excited as I am about seeing our good King (Emperor?) Constantine starting crap with the Ottomans - I fully understand how school and work take precedence!

"Under normal circumstances, this would have played to France’s strengths; their population was over three times that of Prussia’s and the Netherland’s combined".

@Earl Marshal OTL 1849 France had 35 million inhabitants to Prussia's 16 million and the Netherlands' 3 million (resulting in 19 million for Prussia and the Netherlands combined). For France to have triple the population of Prussia and the Netherlands combined, it would be necessary for France to have 57 million inhabitants, not the 35 million of OTL. So the France of this TL does not suffer from any problem of low birth rates?

Screenshot_20240426-002345.png