President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

So pardon the Noob Question, but having recently taken over a PI-based game, is there a good "creating/editing PI Scenarios For Dummies" guide out there? Or do I just need to get "Campaigns Forever" and monkey around? (The editor that comes with PI 2020 is pretty crap, but I gather Campaigns Forever lets you adjust base percentages and such?)

So pardon the Noob Question, but having recently taken over a PI-based game, is there a good "creating/editing PI Scenarios For Dummies" guide out there? Or do I just need to get "Campaigns Forever" and monkey around? (The editor that comes with PI 2020 is pretty crap, but I gather Campaigns Forever lets you adjust base percentages and such?)

The PI 2020 editor lets you adjust base percentages and commitment levels. You just have to do it state by state, although there is an option to set support at one level across the board.

The PI 2020 editor lets you adjust base percentages and commitment levels. You just have to do it state by state, although there is an option to set support at one level across the board.
Where? It seems like there should be options for that but most of them "aren't developed yet" and greyed out. Here's what I see:

1606587662274.png

1984A_bentsendellums_reaganrumsfeld_andersonbrooke.PNG

More cheat than luck, but still I will smile.

Oh, btw, this is 1980, not 1984 like it says on the file name.

President Lloyd Bentsen (D-TX)/ Vice President Ron Dellums (D-CA) 345 EVs 39.2% PV

Former Gov. Ronald W. Reagan (R-CA)/ Fmr Amb. Donald Rumsfeld (R-IL) 193 EVs 39.4% PV

Rep. John Anderson (NU-IL)/ Fmr Sen. Edward Brooke (NU-MA) 8.4% PV

Mr. Ed Clark (Lib-CA)/ Mr. David Koch (Lib-KS) 6.1% PV

(not pictured) Fmr Rep. John Rarick (AIP-LA)/ Ms. Eileen Shearer (AIP-CA) 6.9% PV

A Clinton '08 game I just finished. I didn't do the best, considering I failed to win Louisiana, WV, Arkansas, and Indiana, but I still think I did pretty good. Also strangely I won Missouri by 15 points but lost Idaho by less that 10 points for some reason. I was stupid and forgot to save a screenshot, but I did make a Yapms map with the margins. It was Clinton/Bayh vs McCain/Ryan
Screenshot 2021-02-08 174631.png

Who's always running now?

1948_stassenlodge_trumanharriman_thurmondwright_wallacetaylor.PNG

Fmr. Gov. Harold Stassen (R-MN)/ Sen. Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. (R-MA)
President Harry S. Truman (D-MO)/ Sec. Averell Harriman (D-NY)
Gov. J. Strom Thurmond (SR-SC)/ Gov. Fielding Wright (SR-MS)
Fmr Vice President and Secretary of Commerce Henry A. Wallace (PRO-NY)/ Sen. Glen Hearst Taylor (PRO-ID)

Harold Stassen Forever! :p
Who's always running now? Part II

1952_stassenlodge_kefauverdever.PNG

President Harold Stassen (R-MN)/ Vice President Henry Cabot Lodge (R-MA)
Senator C. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)/ Gov. Paul Dever (D-MA)
Mr. Vincent Hallinan (Pro-CA)/ Mrs. Charlotta Bass (Pro-NY)

Man, this took a long time!

I decided to play as both major tickets and didn't pull any punches.

And despite Korea and corruption, America decided it wanted four more years of Stassen! And, no, the president has not made a decision about running for a third term at this time...

Who's always running now? Part III

1956_stassenbricker_lauschefulbright.PNG

President Harold Stassen (R-MN)/ Sen. John Bricker (R-OH)
Senator Frank Lausche (D-OH)/ Sen. William Fulbright (D-AR)
Fmr Commissioner Thomas C. Andrews (SR-VA)/ Fmr Rep. Thomas H. Werdel (SR-CA)

"Are you #$%^ing kidding me?" quote attributed to either: former President Harry S. Truman, Senate aide Robert F. Kennedy, or Senate Majority Leader Lyndon B. Johnson.

The Democratic Party had believed it would be their election to lose. Senator Lausche was as popular as he was unpredictable, Stassen's second term had been full of foreign blunders, and the incumbent president had barely won the nomination after a revolt by the conservative wing. Oh sure, Vice President Lodge had willingly stepped down to run for his old senate seat and Senator John Bricker "could" counter Democratic chances in Ohio, but few honest members of the Grand Old Party believed Stassen could do it again...

But President Stassen did it again, even with the Soviets lambasting his defense of the Anglo-French-Israeli occupation of the Suez Canal and American-led intervention in Iran, and even with Bricker performing abysmally.

Who knows what the next four years will bring?

OOC: I tried playing the primaries as Stassen and Stuart Symington but grew frustrated as Stassen was crushed and Lausche was a powerhouse, so I just switched to the general as those two. I'd more than glad to keep this up if people are interested.

Don't stop believing!! Or the Bull Moose party lives

1916_hughesfairbanks_wilsonmarshall_murdockparker.PNG

Associate Justice Charles Evan Hughes (R-NY)/ Fmr Vice President Charles Fairbanks (R-IN)
President Woodrow Wilson (D-NJ)/ Vice President Thomas Marshall (D-IN)
Fmr Rep. Victor Murdock (P-KS)/ Mr. John M. Parker (P-LA)
Mr. Allan Benson (S-NY)/Mr. George R. Kirkpatrick (S-NJ)

"Mister Wilson had better start packing his bags!!"-a jubilant Republican ignorant of Woodrow Wilson's presidential transition plans...