Polonia Restituta (Poland Reborn)

I don't see, why these changes would refrain Bismarck from using the German (Re-) Unification in Prussia's favour. Frankly Prussia with the rest of 'Lesser'* Germany could defeat the Second French Empire long before the UK could manage to field an army (I'm not saying navy) that could match the Germans or French.
I'm all getting the Polish and Lithuanian nationalism, but that does not brush away the strong similar feelings in the German Lands at all.

I don't see, why these changes would refrain Bismarck from using the German (Re-) Unification in Prussia's favour. Frankly Prussia with the rest of 'Lesser'* Germany could defeat the Second French Empire long before the UK could manage to field an army (I'm not saying navy) that could match the Germans or French.
I'm all getting the Polish and Lithuanian nationalism, but that does not brush away the strong similar feelings in the German Lands at all.

Navy would be pretty much useless against Prussia (and clearly useless for providing help to the Poles) and one can only imagine a political impact of the French troops marching across Germany with all historic associations .. Bismark may have unification handled to him on a silver plate.

As for nationalism, in OTL military forces of the uprising were, AFAIK, under 40K spread all over Poland and Lithuania. Even putting aside their mostly inadequate training and questionable military competence of the leaders, it was facing between 150 and 200K of the better equipped and led troops (Traugutt retired from the Russian army with a rank of lieutenant-colonel and never held an independent command at wartime). Then it should not be forgotten that more than 60% (in Ukraine 75%) of the insurgents were from a landed background and the peasants in general did not see too many reasons for joining it especially when emancipation reform had been extended to Poland: under it the serfs had been getting more land than just one on which they had been working and in case of Poland there were extra grants from the confiscated lands.

I liked the story, needs some refinement. I do have one question: You mentioned Israel exists, that means the Ottoman Empire finally collapsed?
BTW how will Jews be treated in this independent Poland?

First, access to the Polish territories from the Baltic coast was possible only through the Prussian and Prussian ports. With Russia obviously not being interested, Prussia pretty much “owned” the coast relevant within context of this discussion.

Second, read carefully: comment about Bismark was made in the context of 1656 proposal. OTOH, in 1863 Bismark signed anti-Polish agreement with Russia (which he did not fully implemented).

Third, even Nappy thought that “God is on the side of the big battalions” (and was the best proof that this principle works even for a military genius) and there is no evidence whatsoever that there was on the Polish side a military genius capable of winning a war against better trained and bigger army.

Four, the British-French projects belonged to the “Palmerstonian” category (see thread about his plans regarding the CW): aka, being made without consulting the needed parties (Prussia and Austria), which were not at all interested in creation of the independent Poland. And, of course, your own statement about uprising being defeated too fast is killing your #3 argument. So you have catch 22 situation (or 1939, whichever you prefer): the help (realistic or not) could materialize only if there is a prolonged resistance and prolonged resistance is not possible without an outside help. As for the help, Austria declared a martial law in the early 1864 and approximately at that time NIII gave up on the idea.

As far as Traugutt and the land reform are involved, no miracles to be expected: he was relying on the foreign intervention and Russian Empire already was in a process of the sweeping land reform and abolition of a serfdom so he was not providing peasants with an extra stimulus. Not to mention that it takes time to make soldier out of a peasant and the time was not there (see #3).

To you your arguments could be enough but you are presumably trying to convince others.
Lithuania was in Russian hands and so it was perfectly possible to land there without Prussia involvement. Russian land reform were implemented 3 month later then in this TL. There wasn't any genius in Spain making Guerrilla, only untrained peasant. And this is the point. Land reform allow you to have peasants on your side and to resist long enought.
I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm explaining my reasons.

Lithuania was in Russian hands and so it was perfectly possible to land there without Prussia involvement.
It's slightly possible, but IIRC, at the time, communications between Russian Poland and Lithuania with the Baltic at the time were hampered by the fact that there were no proper ports in the region other than Riga, which is, IIRC, already well-garrisoned and a hurdle to capture (and even if it isn't, Russian troops will be marching straight to it to try and recapture such an important position so close to their base of power).
Russian land reform were implemented 3 month later then in this TL.
Which just means the peasants will be abandoning the rebellion three months later than IOTL, then.
There wasn't any genius in Spain making Guerrilla, only untrained peasants. And this is the point. Land reform allows you to have peasants on your side and to resist long enough.
Except Spain during the Napoleonic Wars was a much different case than Poland is here. It has direct contact with the Atlantic and Mediterranean, seas that can be properly dominated by the Royal Navy and used as lanes for shipping supplies for the resistance, not to mention that the aggressor, France, is also distracted with numerous ventures across Europe that will limit its ability to fight. Poland is pretty much landlocked, surrounded by three great powers hostile to her and willing to ally themselves to keep her from rising up again, which means only a WWI-like destabilizing scenario is enough to give Polish independence any momentum (and it's unlikely the British and French armies can hit Russia, Prussia, and keep Austria sweet all at the same time, even with the help of the United States. It's just not a fair fight.)

Three hostile powers of which only one actively involved, one neutral and the third bribed out.
If Russian troops are distracted, that is a boon for Polish; France, in 1863 had still to venture in Mexico, and it had a garrison obly at Rome.
Plis, there is also the motivation matter; Polish soldiers are more motivated than Russian ones, and given the Land Reform, I bet on the not defection of the peasants.
All in all, the fight is hard but not impossible.

Lithuania was in Russian hands and so it was perfectly possible to land there without Prussia involvement. Russian land reform were implemented 3 month later then in this TL. There wasn't any genius in Spain making Guerrilla, only untrained peasant. And this is the point. Land reform allow you to have peasants on your side and to resist long enought.
I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm explaining my reasons.
To land in the Russian-held ports there would be a need to take them and the Baltic coast was defended much better than the Crimea. Neither. Poland nor Lithuania were Spain so analogy is inapplicable and even with the reform the peasants were not excessively interested. So your reasons look unrelated to the realities of time and place.

It's slightly possible, but IIRC, at the time, communications between Russian Poland and Lithuania with the Baltic at the time were hampered by the fact that there were no proper ports in the region other than Riga, which is, IIRC, already well-garrisoned and a hurdle to capture (and even if it isn't, Russian troops will be marching straight to it to try and recapture such an important position so close to their base of power).

Which just means the peasants will be abandoning the rebellion three months later than IOTL, then.

Except Spain during the Napoleonic Wars was a much different case than Poland is here. It has direct contact with the Atlantic and Mediterranean, seas that can be properly dominated by the Royal Navy and used as lanes for shipping supplies for the resistance, not to mention that the aggressor, France, is also distracted with numerous ventures across Europe that will limit its ability to fight. Poland is pretty much landlocked, surrounded by three great powers hostile to her and willing to ally themselves to keep her from rising up again, which means only a WWI-like destabilizing scenario is enough to give Polish independence any momentum.

Well put but you are missing few more important considerations. In the case of Spain the French were brutal foreign oppressors who overthrew the legitimate regime, looted the country and tried to introduce the reforms which majority of the population did not want. In 1863 the Russians were there “forever” and while the landowners and educated classes could consider them as the oppressors (rather funny because, for example, Traugutt participated in the Russian intervention in Hungary and then fought as the Russian officer in the CW; did not make an impressive career but this is not too important) for the peasants the oppressors were these “patriots” and Russian administration was not associated with any noticeable cruelty or oppression. On the Ukrainian and Belorussian territories the Russians were actually not foreigners at all.

Then goes demographics: in Lithuania, Belorussia and Ukraine the landowners (oppressors) had been foreigners (Poles) and in the last two cases of a different religion as well (so in Ukraine 75% of the insurgents were landowners and in Belorussia majority of the Orthodox peasantry did not join an uprising). Which leaves mostly Russian-owned part of Poland and part of Lithuania as a potential peasant recruiting area and even with the earlier introduction of the land reform (for implementation of which the insurgent government did not have either apparatus or money) the effect would be easily countered by the Russian government which offered land without any need to fight. More than that, the peasants were interested in capturing and delivering to the authorities their rebellious owners because they’d get a confiscated land (Stefan Zeromski hardly can be accused in a shortage of Polish patriotism or Polonophobia but he described such cases in his novels). Pretty much the same goes for the general mobilization: the insurgents did not have a necessary administrative apparatus, facilities and cadres for training and weapons to conduct it. Not that they were truly controlling terrotory of Poland and Lithuania to make such a mobilization declaration more than just a piece of paper.

The next thing is that a wide spread of the uprising was to a noticeable degree self-defeating and based upon illusions. Prussian convention with Russia (including permission to use Prussian railroads to transfer the Russian troops) expanded initial scope of the uprising, which was seemingly good for the insurgents. However, when it was a small scale local uprising Austria was relatively sympathetic but when it spreaded the attitude changed to the openly hostile all the way to introduction of a martial law. The insurgents expected uprising to spread to the Russia proper (“for your and our liberty!”) but this did not happen because the Poles, in general, were not popular in Russia and because the emancipation reform was already going on.

As far as Prussia was involved, there was no interest in getting an independent Polish state (French client) as a neighbor and while Bismark was cautious, he considered France as a future opponent while Russia was a historic ally (against France). Britain on her own was not a significant factor in this equation and France had a long way to march to get troops anywhere close to Poland. Massive naval operation was not practical on the Baltic Sea: during the CW, allied operations on the Baltic did not produce any results besides taking a single unfinished isolated fort. In the case we are talking about there would be a need to land few hundred thousand French (and British) troops with all necessary supplies and equipment against strong Russian and Prussian opposition and with the major ports being well protected. Fat chance.

Now, the fantasies aside, France and Britain in 1863 had been talking about amnesty and developing some kind of an autonomy, aka, even less than Poland had before 1830, and their (and Austrian) efforts were strictly diplomatic. Britain wanted to avert the Franco-Prussian war and to prevent Austria-French alliance so little Nappy, even if he became too aggressive, which was quite unlikely, would be on his own.

In a meantime there are still less than 40K ill trained, inadequately armed and disorganized (there were no structures which would make these separated bands into a true army) insurgents against 150 - 200K of a better armed regular army. The odds 5:1 are much worse than Napoleon was facing at Leipzig (2:1) or the French at Sedan.

Last edited:
To land in the Russian-held ports there would be a need to take them and the Baltic coast was defended much better than the Crimea. Neither. Poland nor Lithuania were Spain so analogy is inapplicable and even with the reform the peasants were not excessively interested. So your reasons look unrelated to the realities of time and place.
They were not interested because Russia reform beat the rivolutionary governement by three month in the OTL; And Poland peasnts felt oppressed by the Russian administrator; Land reform would bring even lithuanian one on the side of insurgents; and even well defended Russian ports were ill suited to face the might of combined British and French power; meanwhile you have 40,000 motivated if ill trained and ill equipped(not so much ill organized, thought) facing better armed but poorly motivated, and not so better trained many time bigger army; And, as I said, there was a moment, after the visit of Adam Jerzi Czartoriski in London and in Paris that the intervention seemed a real possibility; so, in the light of that, I think it is in the realm of possibility, and since this is the closer possible PoD to achieve my uchronical goal, and given that, for me plausibility is not the major preoccupation, only the possible consequences, my dear Alexmilian, we have simply to agree we disagree, and I shall keep posting my timeline, you are wellcome to comment on the next developements.

They were not interested because Russia reform beat the rivolutionary governement by three month in the OTL; And Poland peasnts felt oppressed by the Russian administrator; Land reform would bring even lithuanian one on the side of insurgents; and even well defended Russian ports were ill suited to face the might of combined British and French power; meanwhile you have 40,000 motivated if ill trained and ill equipped(not so much ill organized, thought) facing better armed but poorly motivated, and not so better trained many time bigger army; And, as I said, there was a moment, after the visit of Adam Jerzi Czartoriski in London and in Paris that the intervention seemed a real possibility; so, in the light of that, I think it is in the realm of possibility, and since this is the closer possible PoD to achieve my uchronical goal, and given that, for me plausibility is not the major preoccupation, only the possible consequences, my dear Alexmilian, we have simply to agree we disagree, and I shall keep posting my timeline, you are wellcome to comment on the next developements.

Nobody is trying to prevent you from posting your fantasies, just don’t expect me to take them seriously or to pay too much attention in the future because, not being closely related to the Planet Earth (on which, among other things, overwhelming numeric and quality odds do matter at war) they can not be contradicted by the known facts and realities of life to which you are not paying any attention. :)

Last edited:
Nobody is trying to prevent you from posting your fantasies, just don’t expect me to take them seriously or to pay too much attention in the future because, not being closely related to the Planet Earth (on which, among other things, overwhelming numeric and quality odds do matter at war) they can not be contradicted by the known facts and realities of life to which you are not paying any attention. :)
If I had written "Polish beat Russians, fair and square, alone" that would have been a fantasy; since I did not, and I have clearly explained you why, this are not my fantasies, and you should refrain from calling that this way because that is just plain rude. I pay attention to reality, I said my goal is not plausibility at all cost, not that I do not care for it at all.

If I had written "Polish beat Russians, fair and square, alone" that would have been a fantasy; since I did not, and I have clearly explained you why, this are not my fantasies, and you should refrain from calling that this way because that is just plain rude. I pay attention to reality, I said my goal is not plausibility at all cost, not that I do not care for it at all.
Well, you did stated that the overwhelming numeric and quality odds do not matter in war and that the same goes for the Prussian and Austrian National interests. Which means that the known rules do not apply. I have no intention to offend you but how this idea of yours can be discussed in any sensible way based upon the OTL realities? You simply keep answering that any objections do not matter. Where is the interest in discussing <whatever> in such an arrangement?

I never said they do not matter, I have said that numbers alone do not win wars; it's a different matter; Prussian interest, as I said was taken care diplomatically on the ground that avoiding problems in the future could not warrant a war with England and France in that moment, while in HL Austrians did not endorse Russian repressions, in 1863, so I can't see why they should go to war to defend Russia. On the other side, we have Napoleon III who strive to make a name for himself, and Catholic public hopinion in France is Pro-Poles (that did matter for Nappy III, a lot) and England, who is absolutly favourable to contain Russian power. I do not say that the Poles can win alone, I say that, anticipating real decisions of six-nine months, they can resist long enought for the intervention to happen, and that the Anglo-French-Polish coalition could win; Objections do matter, but saying: no matter what, this is impossible is not helpful nor interesting; if you have ideas to make the PoD more solid, you would be very wellcome thought.

After Sarajevo's killings, and Austria's ultimatum Poland declare war to Austria, and is attacked by Russia and Germany; But Germany gave priority to France, allowing Poland to resist first Russian offensive.

1915:
Pope Benedict XV mediation was rejected
Italian attack on Austria allows for pressure on Poland-Lithuania to lighten, and Poland can fend off a first German offensove and try to take the initiative.
Polish attempts on Pomerania are useless, more fruitful are the efforts in the east, where Polish troopers manage to join the Ottomans on the Black Sea.
Dmowsky forms a national unity governement with Social-Democrats and Liberal-Democrats .

While Warsaw is taken by Germans, Galicia resists to the siege; In the Eastern front, Russian are crushed at the Masuri lake after the failed Brusilov offenseve.
Russian front collapses;
General Piłsudski can free Warsaw and resume the attempts against Pomerania and East Prussia.
Bulgaria enters the war on Russia side, Prompting Romania and Greece to take the field on the opposite side.
Austro-Hungarian Emperor Francis Joseph dies, he is succeeded by his nephew Charles.

The United States enters the war in favor of the Entente, and sends troops to France and Poland-Lithuania. While Pomerania remains well defended, Polish troops, favored by the Masovian Polish insurrection, conquer the region, and East Silesia and besiege Gdansk. Russian revolution. The Austrian front weakens, and the Italians win a great battle in Caporetto.

Taking of Danzig, the German naval tie in the battle of Jutland finally allows British ships to land massively on the Eastern front. Peace of Brest-Litovsk, the Bolshevik government cedes Crimea, the Caucasus and Central Asia to the Ottoman Empire (it will then reconquer the Caucasus), and all Sakhalin and Russian Manchuria to Japan. Poland-Lithuania restores its eastern borders to those of 1660. A Communist revolution in Germany (but not in Bavaria or Baden, which remained neutral), is bloodily repressed by the Frei Korps, groups of stragglers returning from the war, used by the new Social-Democratic government to restore peace, before proclaiming the end of the Empire, and the beginning of the Weimar Republic. In Vittorio Veneto, the Italians break through the Austrian front. The Habsburg Empire is torn apart from within. Charles of Habsburg flees to Hungary, under Italo-Franco-Ottoman protection.

Peace of Paris, Pomerania and East Prussia remain German, but Mazovia, German Lithuania and East Silesia become part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The Italians get coastal Istria, but Wilson's utopian 14 points deny them Fiume and the Dalmatian interior. Vittorio Emanuele Orlando leaves the negotiations furious, and when he returns, he discovers that the German Colonial Empire has been divided by the other nations; even Poland-Lithuania got something, little Togo. Vittorio Emanuele Orlando cries many tears, but gets nothing. The myth of Mutilated Victory is born. Dmowsky, who suffers from prostate, comments "I could piss like he cries!" Piltsudsky prophetically comments "We have not signed a peace, but a truce of twenty years!" Charles of Habsburg is left on the throne of Hungary. Bulgarian Macedonia is divided between Greece and Serbia, which can also annex Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia and form the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. Romania gets Bessarabia, Transylvania and Dobruja. Western Thrace passes to Greece. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth changes its name to the Federal Kingdom of Międzymorze, the Kingdom between the seas.

1919-1920
Międzymorze-Soviet Union War
The Kingdom's army, led by Marshal Piłsudski, defeats the Red Army led by Mikhail Tuchačevskij on the Vistula River.

The League of Nations is born, of which Międzymorze is a founding member. The Social Democratic Party surprisingly nominates Marshal Piłsudski, who becomes Prime Minister. Immediately, Piłsudski begins the reconstruction, and negotiates the Riga Treaty with the Soviet Union.

The Treaty of Riga is signed, by which the Kingdom and the Union mutually recognize each other. With Ottoman help, the Emir of Ha'il finally defeats the Saudis, and founds the Kingdom of Rashidite Arabia. Mustafa Kemal, a war hero, becomes Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire, and reforms the state, in a modern, secular and federal sense.

In Italy Benito Mussolini becomes Prime Minister. 1923: Adolf Hitler attempts a coup, ends up in prison and writes his delusional political program, the "Mein Kampf".

Piłsudski re-elected as prime minister; a massive industrialization program started.

Signed a treaty of mutual assistance against the Soviet Union with Hungary of Prime Minister and Regent Horty and Bulgaria.

Very serious economic crisis, caused by the collapse of the New York Stock Exchange.

Confirmed Piłsudski, who reacts to the crisis with a wide range of public investments, the so-called Nowy Ład, the new course, which will be imitated by Roosevelt in 1932. Międzymorze are the only European team, together with France, to take part in the First World Cup in history, played in Uruguay.

Italian Soccer World Cup, honorable third place for Miedzymorze.

After winning the elections for the fourth time, Piłsudski dies; the new prime minister is Norbert Barlicki, Minister of Justice of the Piłsudski government.

King Louis II dies, his son Augustyn succeeds him, with the name of Augustus IV.

German threats lead to the fall of the Barlicki government and new elections, won by Antanas Smetona's Nazional Populars. Smetona is the only voice to oppose the appeasement at all costs.

1939-1945

World War II.
Deployments: the Axis includes Germany, Italy, Japan, Romania, the Persian Empire, Siam; Allies include Międzymorze, United Kingdom, French Empire, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Greece,

The Międzymorze sided with Finland in the Winter War, forcing the Soviet Union into the Armistice; However, this allows the Germans to easily Invade from the West. Having suffered a heavy blow, the Soviets are rather slow in invading Eastern Ukraine, allowing the Kingdom's troops to successfully mobilize and defend the first assault on Warsaw. But the situation is very difficult.

Fortunately for Myedzymorze, Hitler decides to attack France well before he has defeated the Intermarines; Sykorwsy's troops manage to defeat the Russians again near Lwow / Lviv, while General Komorowsky manages to break the western front at Tomaszów Mazowiecki. Unfortunately, the Komorowsky offensive will soon be stopped, but it will allow the French imperial army to resist a few more weeks on the Moselle. Part of the imperial troops will be rescued in Dunkirk, while the fleet led by Darlan will be rescued, together with the emperor, in Algiers. In this timeline, Germany proceeds to occupy all of France.

Hitler evidently learned nothing from the mistakes of the previous year; when the Intermarines still furiously defend Warsaw, Krakow, Lublin, Danzig and Lviv, the Germans attack the Soviets. Meanwhile, pro-Nazi Romanians go to war by attacking Bulgaria, which enjoys Ottoman protection. The Ottoman Empire intervenes in the Balkans, and assists British Egypt against the Anglo-Italians; the Ex Sick of Europe shows all his newfound health, intervening in favor of the Poles in Galicia and in Western Ukraine. The struggle of the intermarines takes the form of a violent Guerrilla. Gdansk eventually falls, but the resistance of the intermarines continues

Danzig insurrection, bloodily suppressed by the Germans. The Guerrilla degli Intermarini is aimed in particular against the German attempts to build extermination camps; Treblinka and Aushwitz are repeatedly set on fire; this slows down the final solution a lot.

Casablanca Conference, to which also participates Smetona, head of the government in exile in London (King Augustus IV has been under siege in Warsaw for four years now.) Finally the Germans retreat begins; A little opportunistically, the Intermarine soldiers build bridges of gold to the fleeing enemy, blocking the way for the Soviets instead; Having liberated Norway, through the neutral Finland, Estonia and Latvia, the Anglo-Americans bring in armaments and supplies to the Ottomans-Intermarines.

The race to the West is over for the Soviet Union, which is allowed to pass only in small contingents transported by ship; The Ottomans-Intermarines together liberate Warsaw, and conquer Pomerania.

The Międzymorze finally liberated the metropolitan territory; New elections are held for the Sejim; the Social Democratic Party clearly wins the elections, and Władysław Gomułka becomes the new Prime Minister. The Gomulka government begins reconstruction, and books a seat for the Kingdom of the Seas on the UN Security Council as a permanent member, alongside China, the USA, the USSR, the Ottoman Empire, France and Great Britain. Minsk is still split in two and occupied by the Soviets.

August IV dies, mourned by the whole nation for his heroic resistance in Warsaw. He is succeeded by the only son Adam Stefan (Adam Karol in our timeline) with the name of Stephen II; the new king is six, so his uncle Ludvik, who is not dead, as in our timeline, becomes the Lord Regent of the Międzymorze. Peace Conference in Paris; apart from some adjustments on the border with Germany, the Międzymorze does not demand excessive remedial measures; The Ottomans gain the condominium of Egypt with Great Britain, and control of Libya; Somalia and Eritrea are instead entrusted to Italy as a fiduciary mandate.

Warsaw Conference between Gomulka, Alcide Degasperi, Prime Minister of the Italian Republic, Josif Broz, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, Robert Shumann, Prime Minister of the French Empire, Zoltan Tildy, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Hungary, the First ministers of the Benelux states, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Romania Iuliu Maniu, Prime Minister of the Bulgarian Empire Aleksandar Stamboliyski, Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, Konrad Adenauer, Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Austria, Karl Renner, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Albania Abaz Kupi, the Greek Prime Minister Georghios Papandreu and the Prime Minister of the Czechoslovak Republic Zdeněk Fierlinger. CECA is born, the European Coal and Steel Community.

Gomulka is re-elected Prime Minister. Międzymorze finished fourth in the Uruguayan World Cup. The European Economic Community is born. The Intermarine government sends troops to Korea, where a young officer, Lieutenant Wojciech Jaruzelsky, stands out.

The European Community is born.

Stalin dies, diplomatic relations re-established between Intermarines and Soviets.

Stanisław Mikołajczyk, head of the Międzymorze Popular Party, wins the elections and becomes Prime Minister; In foreign policy, he does not change the policy of his predecessor; in domestic politics, state participation in the economy decreases.

The treaty on the European Defense Community is ratified by the French Empire and Międzymorze.

Good results for the Intermarine national team, in the Swedish Football World Cup won by Hungary. King Stephen II goes out of minority and is officially enthroned in Warsaw. Raised the Minsk Wall.

Mikołajczyk wins the elections.

King Stephen II marries Beatrice of Savoy.

Jadwiga, heir to the Intermarine Throne, is born.

The European Space Agency is born, based in Krakow.

The centenary of Polish-Lithuanian independence is celebrated on 5th August.

The Social Democratic Party returns to government with Edward Gierek. Gierek refuses to intervene in Vietnam.

Międzymorze eliminates Italy from the English World Cup, but is then eliminated by Eusebio's Portugal.

Prime Minister Gierek hosts negotiations between Israel and the PLO. The coup d'état of Georghios Papadopulos in the Kingdom of Greece fails.

The student riots also inflame Warsaw, Prague (where they even cause the government crisis), Budapest, Belgrade, Sofia, Berlin, Tirana and Bucharest.

Fiftieth anniversary of the birth of the Międzymorze.

Gierek confirmed as Intermarine Prime Minister. The mediation of the Międzymorze results in the end of hostilities in Vietnam; in South Vietnam a democratic government is restored, and the Vietcong cease their activity.

The European Parliament appoints a special commission for the creation of a draft constitution; Former Intermarine Premier Gomulka is elected President of the Constituent Commission.

At the joint Polish-Vietnamese request, the USSR agrees to a UN resolution against Pol Pot. 1974: Good result at the German World Championship for the Intermarini, eliminated in the semifinals only by the very strong Dutch title winner bending third, after wiining against Brazil.
UN intervention in Cambodia, constitutional monarchy restored; In Laos the fragile three-way balance between Monarchists, Communists and Republicans is preserved.

The Popular Party wins with a tax relief and de-bureaucratization program. Kazimierz Sabbat is the new Prime Minister.

The Gomulka Commission dismisses the text of the articles of the European Confederation, which designs institutions similar to those of our union, but makes the European Commission explicitly accountable to the European Parliament.

After the death of Paul VI and the very short pontificate of John Paul I, the conclave elects the Archbishop of Krakow, Karol Woytila, with the name of John Paul II.

The Międzymorze approves the Articles of the European Confederation in a referendum.

Sabbat confirmed as prime minister.

New Third World Place of Międzymorze at the Spanish World Cup. First visit of the Pope to his homeland.

Marshal Jaruzelski is a surprise candidate by the Social Democrats, and becomes prime minister.

Jadwiga Czartoryski, Crown Princess of Międzymorze, marries Prince György, second son of Otto of Hungary.

The Soviet Regime collapses; The Minsk Wall that separated the pro-Russian zone from the Międzymorze falls. Wladislaw Habsburg-Czartoryski, future Ladislaus VI, is born.

Defeat for the Social Democrats, opposed to reunification with Eastern Belarus. Popular Lech Walesa is elected Prime Minister, and immediately starts the process for the referendum on reunification.

Victory of the Yes, East Belarus enters Międzymorze. The Pope visits Minsk.

The Międzymorze, in which the very strong Ukrainian striker Andriy Shevchenko plays wins his first in the final with Italy.

Walesa confirmed as Prime Minister, heis rewarded for his moderately progressive social policy

The European Parliament, mandated by the European Commission, appoints a constituent commission to write a Federal Constitution. Former Polish Premier Jaruzelsky will preside it.

The Jaruzelsky Commission drafts the Constitution of the European Union; among the main innovations, the direct election of the president of the Union, who is also the President of the Commission, who in any case must answer to the parliament.

Social Democrat Julia Timoshenko is elected Intermarine Prime Minister. Timoshenko is the first woman to hold that office. She capitalize on the radicalation of Popular Conservative Party which weakens the Center-right coalition.
She immediately adds Belarusian, German and Ukrainian to the nation's official languages. With the favorable vote of the people of Międzymorze, the Constitution is approved.

The European Union jointly assists the United States in Afghanistan.

With the input of European Union, USA restores King Zahir Shah in Afghanistan. This will help to pacify the population.

European refusal to assist Bush in Iraq; The Międzymorze delegation, which is the most numerous, voted no.

Timoshenko is re-elected thanks to the favourable climate around the European process of integration.

Talibans renounce armed fight in Afghanistan.

The Kingdom adopts the Single Currency, the Euro, in place of the Intermarine Crown.
King Zahir Shah dies and his succeded by his son.

Julia Timoshenko is involved in a corruption scandal.

Popular Conservative Lech Kaczyński is elected Intermarine Prime Minister.
Międzymorze is eliminated at the preliminary

Intermarine victory in the European Championship, against world champion Spain.

Kaczyński confirmed as Intermarine Prime Minister.

The king vetoes a restrictive legislation on abortion. Kaczyński resigns and Andrzej Duda take his place.

The king vetoes a judiciary reforms opposed to the European constitution.

The Międzymorze wins the Russian Football World Cup.

Valdimir Putin is defeated by Alexei Nabalnev who strtas a series of reforms.

Starts the Covid-19 Pandemic and Duda's governement is quite slow to reacts;
The Popular Conservative Party is defeated, the Social Democrats return to power in the Międzymorze with Waldemar Witkowski

King Stefan II dies because of Covid-19.
Queen Jadwiga (Edvige) II of the Międzymorze is crowned.

Międzymorze qualifies for the Quatar Football World Cup.

So, its over guys. At least for a while.;)

Last edited: