Votes: 14 32.6%

Votes: 11 25.6%

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • I've a better proposal

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Thomas27

Banned
Is the AH book I'm currently finishing to write and illustrate the Angolan Civil War and with a peace treaty in the early 90's and Jonas Savimbi wins the first democratic elections.
A new flag is adopted is adopted, but Im still not able do decide how it looks.

Here are my proposal:

dd02cf2-ad713b65-2e02-4dea-b798-ebc5db1c14d2.jpg

2_by_beignetbison_dd02cex-pre.jpg

3_by_beignetbison_dd02ceq-pre.jpg

dd02cel-1bcba86a-ba50-43f3-8af4-3fddf9a0c3be.jpg

dd02ceg-0cee6bf4-735a-474c-acf8-712ab4ea6dba.jpg

Feel free to share your ideas if you've some inspiration. I personaly like the OTL deisgn of the National Liberation Front of Angola flag bu I don't think it fetts as a national flag.

I have another request concerning an Angolan flag, @Thomas27 and the community: What flag could a Christian Republic of Angola use, i.e. not Portugal-in-Exile (like @TheKutKu depicted), but a Christian extremist, black-ruled, Republic of Angola (which is about as theocratic as Iran in OTL, but Catholic instead of Muslim).

I like #3 best. IMO, #1 and #5 look too much like other flags, #4's white star doesn't contrast well on the yellow fimbriation, and #2 just doesn't look good.

I feel the last thing the Angolans would want to do is to remind those int he Congo for the flag of their previous colonizer. Anyways, the first Angolan national flag was based in the MLPA's flag so... Hmmm, what are the various sides in your civil war? I imagine they would partially use their old flags, though fancied up. Has to be simply enough to sew to start with, so common folk can make them. And lookin over a flag of maps in Africa, I can see their is a lot of diversity and lovely colors. And lots of double layers of stripes and diagonal lines. Whatever they make will have to take into account if other neighbors have similar flags. Not that they wouldn't want to wear the same dress or something, but it can be taken, for good or bad. Hmmm, seems they had a proposal in 2003 for the flag below, and Namibia has a similar sun on it. Plus looking at the Angolan flags it shows a rooster and a rising sun... perhaps a similar shape is kept for the flag? The half-cog is given the rays of a sun, and empty space is used to greats a moon, as if an eclipse is ending and their is a bright future ahead.

Attachments

• IMG_7074.PNG
    IMG_7074.PNG
    55.9 KB · Views: 415