Photos of the Kaiserreich


Oswald Mosley speaking to supporters in Birmingham, 1930
[...] By 1936 the Union of Britain had reached a crossroads. Its longtime Chairman Phillip Snowden had revealed privately that he intended to resign at the next Trade Union Congress held that year. For the first time in its history the Union of Britain was about to undergo a transition of power and nobody was quite sure how it would pan out. Since the founding of the Union however there were three major factions in the Trade Union Congress, the Autonomists led by Niclas y Glais who sought to devolve the Union into a confederation of functionally independent states like Scotland and Wales, the Federationists led by Anne Kennedy who sought to maintain the system in place, and a newer faction under Oswald Mosely. Mosely and his protégé Eric Blair saw the constant bickering of the Congress as a critical weakness. Nothing would get done if this continued and so, in early 1936, he called a meeting in Manchester to be attended by likeminded people like Jughashvili from Georgia, Valois and Thorez from the Commune of France and Khruschev from Ukraine to form a new faction of Syndicalism. Called Maximism or Totalism for its insistence on total execute control of the state it quickly gained followers across the Union. Most of those who joined Mosely and his faction were those who were for one reason or another angered with the status quo. Some saw the Union as ineffectual and not doing enough to curb growing German influence across the globe, others saw the Unions disorganized military as a threat to the security of the Revolution and still others had personal issues with Syndicalism. With this newfound groundswell Mosely and his faction marched into the 1936 Trade Union Conference with their heads held high, confident in their chances of success. This confidence didn't seem misplaced as overwhelmingly the Congress, swayed by Mosely's powerful rhetoric, backed his proposals one by one. The only dissent he received was by Reg Birch who saw his proposals as not going far enough. When the TUC voted for who would take over Snowden's position it was no surprise when Mosely received 80% approval of the Congress. Finally on July 3rd, 1937 Mosely was sworn in as General Secretary and almost immediately he went to work centralizing his regime.

His first action was the foundation of the Maximist Defense Force who would quickly be nicknamed Biff Boys. These were essentially legalized paramilitaries who struck at remaining opposition to the regime and broke up protests. The first squad, who called themselves Mosely's Marauders, would gain infamy in the coming months for their speed at resorting to violence to break up opposition and the many bodies their clashes left behind. When Anne Kennedy spoke out against the Biff Boys she became the first famous casualty, being ambushed on the street and beat unconscious by a squad. Kennedy was only saved when a nearby squad of soldiers on leave intervened and fought them off. While Mosely would condemn the action and even personally order their arrest and eventual execution rumors still float around that the attack was ordered by Mosely or Blair. Nevertheless the near assassination of their leader cowed the Federationists and the Autonomists remained marginalized since their route at the Congress. Without any checks on his power Mosely moved onto his next grand project, uniting the posts of Chairman of the Party and General Secretary. This at first went off without a hitch, Eric Blair, the current Chairman, resigned and Mosely took his place. All that was left was for the Congress to rubber stamp his decree uniting the positions. However, just as he prepared to send the legislation off reports filtered in from bases across the Union that Army units were getting rebellious. Led by the famous Lawrence of Arabia they saw Mosely's rapid consolidation of power as a complete about face from the principles of democracy the Union of Britain was founded on. Until then the Army had no real leader to speak of outside of Mosely and as such had no figure to publicly oppose him. However just before Mosely was sworn in, Lawrence returned from his retirement after a motorcycle crash almost killed him. With a new lease on life he was allowed back into the Army despite fears of him being a crypto-Monarchist. Now he was stirring up rebellion in the ranks. Mosely however curiously did nothing about this. He reportedly compared it to "a man dying in the Sahara" and all he had to do was let them tire themselves out. This turned out to be a dramatic miscalculation as within two weeks Lawrence was leading a column of soldiers towards London. Mosely panicked and as the men moved into the city, ordered the local militia to fire. They refused and instead turned their guns on him and after a few hours of tense standoff between Lawrence and Mosely, the wanna-be Grand Protector was arrested. Later that day an emergency session of the TUC appointed Lawrence as Protector of the Union, a temporary position to be held until the situation stabilized.

Meanwhile outside London things quickly spiraled into chaos. Biff Boys rampaged through the countryside desperately lashing out at anything that didnt mean total adherence to the Maximist cause. Meanwhile local chapters of the British Syndicalist Party in Scotland and Wales began to stop sending messages to London. When the Biff Boys burst down Niclas y Glais's door to arrest him he was nowhere to be found while in Scotland, local Scottish militia began stopping people from entering Scotland. This could only mean one thing and nobody was surprised when on the same day Lawrence was named Protector both the Scottish and Welsh National Unions declared their autonomy from London. Lawrence, still dealing with rampaging Maximists and factional disputes was unable to strike quickly and so the Scottish and Welsh regained independence for the first time in centuries. However, they both instantly were faced with a new problem, who would lead them. In Wales power was torn between the Welsh Trade Union Congress and the right-wing Welsh Home Army. Both sides had radically different ideas for what Wales was to become with Totalists in the TUC wanting to restore Mosely and march on London and Monarchists in the Home Army arguing for a return of the Windsors or even inviting Oskar, fifth son of Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany, to rule instead. These tensions would boil over quickly as Syndicalist and Home Army militia battled each other and themselves for control of the nation before Saunders Lewis, a Welsh nationalist, took over and swore that Wales would be free, independent and most importantly Welsh. His deportation programs drained Wales white and his cult of personality continues to shape Welsh politics today, even decades after Saunder's death. In Scotland they had much the same problem. While John MacCormick had managed to work out a stable compromise between Scotland's desperate factions to keep them from plunging the new nation into chaos, that did not mean they were quiet. MacCormick spent his few years in power desperately fighting off attempted coups by Windsor and Stuart Restorationists in the Army and the growing radical Evangelical Angelican movement led by pastor John White. When MacCormick finally resigned due to poor health in 1940 the Scottish truce would break down and a revolving door of leaders would plague the nation for years before a stable democracy would take hold. Meanwhile in England Lawrence quickly used the Army to crush all resistance. Biff Boy blood watered the fields as tanks patrolled the streets. Civil liberties, already cut back by Mosely, were almost entirely scrapped by Lawrence for stabilities sake. However, unlike Mosely, Lawrence made sure these restrictions were temporary. By late October most of those restrictions had been rolled back and in January of 1938, Lawrence stepped down from power. However his vision of a return to democracy, Syndicalist or not, was undone when just a few weeks later Royalists in the Army stormed London and invited back the Windsor Monarch. When King Edward returned from exile, he swore to return Britain to greatness and ushered in the Age of Strife [...]


Biff Boys drag off a protester soon after Mosely is sworn into power


Biff Boys tear down a makeshift barricade after a riot in mid - 1937


Flag of Saunder's Provisional Welsh Republic


Flag of the Scottish Republic


A British Snowden tank patrols London after Lawrence's seizure of power


A squad of soldiers loyal to Mosely surrender to Lawrence's men after a brief firefight


Map of the British Isles, as appears in a 2019 Irish Textbook. Notable for its naming of England while the English themselves still refer to themselves as British


A Soldier of the 1st Scottish Infantry, the first unit established by the new Scottish Republic


Another Scottish unit, donning the traditional kilt, prepares for a Independence Day Parade in 1943


The 1st Welsh Footmen move to the English border with the only tank captured by during their grab at independence, nicknamed Turtle by its crew


The founding units of the New Welsh Army march through Cardiff on parade soon after Welsh independence


An Irregular cleans his rifle. To boost their comparatively small force Wales has a mandatory enlistment program where every man in Wales spends two years in the Army and the rest of his life as an Irregular, ready at any moment to go to war. The program was begun in 1938.
View attachment 629150


A Canadian soldier aims a Enfield-Ontario rifle down a local street during the Battle of Algiers, 1950. Even though Nationalist France had reclaimed the southern half of their homeland in the Second Weltkrieg, tensions with the native inhabitants of their colonies remained a serious potential threat. There had been a Tuareg uprising in the Algerian interior in 1938 put down quite brutally, including using leftover chemical weapons to blast the rebels out of their capitol at Laghouat, and a syndicalist inspired revolt in Mali and Burkina Faso in 1942. Things had gone relatively quiet following the successful landings in the south of France up until the end of the war, but by mid 1948 Algerian nationalists, heavily funded and armed by Egypt, Morocco and Cyrenaica(the Cyrencians had almost single handedly been funding and equipping insurgencies across French Africa for over a decade by 1948) were beginning to organize in preparation for another round of attacks. In the spring of 1950, following a formal rejection by the Marseilles government of a plan which would grant Algeria “home rule”, a large scale uprising took place across French Algeria, with Algiers in particular seeing significant portions of the city taken by the rebels. The Entente reacted swiftly to the uprising, with Canadian and Australasian troops(New Zealand, pleased by the Maori Act and other carefully crafted efforts by the government in Canberra to appease them, had solidly voted to remain part of Australasia during a referendum in 1947) stationed in Algeria for joint desert warfare exercises soon getting a taste of real desert combat. With naval and air superiority, the Entente steadily clawed back control of the cities.....only for the Algerian insurgents to fade back into the deserts and mountains. Another long war had begun.....


A Russian soldier aims a PPSH-2 assault rifle equipped with a 71 round drum magazine as he and his men prepare an ambush for remnants of the Ukrainian Army, 1944. Even after the peace deal which ended the Second Weltkrieg on the Eastern Front and saw Boris Savinkov regain most of the lands lost at Brest-Litovsk(some Russian advisors had called for the Army to advance all the way to Berlin, but stiffening Reichspakt resistance, Savinkov’s desire to retake Vladiovostok, the need to consolidate the gains they’d made and lack of desire for Russians to continue dying to help the Totalists of the Third Internationale, who had already made it clear that they espoused world revolution, convinced the Vozhd to take the German offer) fighting continued between nationalist remnants of the former German client states and their new Russian overlords. The partisans were mostly active in Western Ukraine and Georgia; there hadn’t been much in the way of independent identity developed in Belarus, where the local people had been heartily sick of the constant infighting and turmoil in their government, and a strong pro Russian faction, headed by Sigismund(who, for betraying his brother, was allowed to rule Belarus as a nominally independent state within Russia, similar to the “Free Latvia in Free Russia” Latgalia region) ensured they supported their new overlords. Russian speaking Eastern Ukraine, meanwhile, had been deeply angered by Hetman Skoropadsky‘s dismissal of the Rada, and had come to see their state as nothing more than a German colony. The partisans would largely be stamped out by 1947 as the Vozhd flooded Georgia and Western Ukraine with troops, but the division of attitude about their new overlords would eventually become permenant; when the NRPR dictatorship fell, Georgia and Western Ukraine would vote for independence, while Eastern Ukraine and Belarus remained part of Russia.


Czech partisans prepare an ambush for Austrian occupation troops from a Prague apartment window, 1946. Bohemia had a booming arms industry going back as far as the 1920s, which meant that securing control of the Skoda Works, ZB firearms manufacturing plants, and other such vital industrial centers had been a priority for the regime in Vienna. The Czechs, like the other peoples’ of the empire, had not taken well to the loss of their autonomy and had risen in revolt; a revolt which had been quashed with great brutality by Austrian regular troops and supported by ethnic German militias from the Sudetenland, who saw direct rule from Vienna as preferable to their tense relationship with the local government in Prague. Almost immediately, however, partisan groups began organizing armed resistance against the Austrians. With no shortage of high quality firearms and a populace determined to fight for their freedom, the Czech resistance soon became one of the largest running sores in the Austrian empire. To make matters worse for Vienna, Boris Savinkov took a personal interest in the Czechs‘ struggle, ordering the Okhrana to supply them with whatever they needed. The Russian secret police‘s foreign intelligence branch had already been actively supporting Illyrian and Transylvanian rebels with Serbian and Romanian assistance, but with a direct mandate from the Vozhd they began large scale smuggling of artillery, anti tank weapons and other heavier equipment to the Czechs, first through Galicia with the assistance of the Poles— who were deeply angered about the Austrian crackdown there, and who commanded the loyalty of most of Galicia’s non Austrian forces— then through Slovakia and finally into Bohemia proper. The end result was that when large scale uprisings began across the Austrian Empire the Czech resistance was almost as well armed as the Austrian troops being sent in to try and put their revolution down.
Last edited:
President MacArthur and his envoy stepping foot on Philippine soil once again at Palo, Leyte, November 1941. After declaring his intention a few months back to "protect the Filipino people" from an impending Japanese invasion, the General and President of the United States arrives back on his "alma-mater" to the jubilee of the locals, who were finally thankful that the civil war had ended and that America was moving once again to protect the sovereignty of the Philippines from a foreign invader. Beside MacArthur is Vice President of the Philippines, Sergio Osmeña (far left, saluting), sent by Manuel Quezon to Washington to negotiate terms for the setting up of defenses on the islands. Locals who were loyal to the government of the country however had doubts on the return, and Ganap Party followers straight up condemned the allowance, claiming that "Mr. Quezon has sold the Philippines back to our former colonial overlords, and with it our independence." Shortly after the return, the Americans began the reorganization and training of the Filipino Army, in caution of a Japanese invasion. Emperor Hirohito continued to deny a planned invasion, citing that MacArthur "is crazy and is losing his mind." The Filipino-American Treaty was also signed a few weeks later, confirming the partnership in defense between the 2 countries.
images (41).jpeg
Fengtian soldiers mounting a captured Type 24 HMG against National Army forces during Zhang Zuolin's drive towards Beijing, September 1941. The joint Fengtian-Japanese forces obtained victory after victory on their surprise attack towards the Qing Empire's capital, mostly due to the National Army's unawareness of the conflict. The Third Battle of Shanhai Pass ended in a Qing victory, delaying the Co Prosperity Sphere troops from moving onto the city itself. Wu Peifu showed his military genius in this war as well, to the expected observance of the Grand Marshal of Manchuria. The Japanese were preparing to send more soldiers to the front to bolster the GEACPS effort when Emperor Showa heard news of the American return to the Philippines, enabling him to change plans. The IJN and the Pacific forces of the IJA was to prepare for an invasion of the Philippines to be launched not later than late 1942 next year. This made the Fengtian forces run short of the Japanese reinforcements they need as units intended for them were being diverted to Taiwan to prepare for the planned attack, thus giving the National Army of the Qing to reorganize their forces for a proper defense of the country.
Japanese Navy destroyers bombarding Qing positions on land from the Bohai Bay in the midst of the push to Beijing, September 1941. The Imperial Japanese Navy made up for the lackluster naval forces of the Fengtian Government by providing them with mostly destroyers and frigates they didn't need, and have their most advanced assets act in support roles, mostly for taking out land targets from the sea, out of range of any Qing air forces. Japanese attaches and naval officers also often instructed and even trained crews of newly commissioned Fengtian ships for better performance on the battlefield. The combined navies also receive significant aid from Japanese naval air forces, launched from the aircraft carriers Kaga and Akagi, which were deployed to the area. The Co Prosperity Sphere had total naval superiority in the Bohai Sea and the encircling water bodies at first, at least before the German intervention. Fengtian and Japanese ships also outnumbered Qing naval forces 3 to 1, with the staggering presence of Tokyo's water fleet being too much for Wu Peifu's navy to handle at first, before German East Asia was ordered to intervene to protect German interests in China.
British Syndicate forces in the streets of Nancy, preparing for the German onslaught upon the city. Over the past months since the beginning of the war in January, the British Expeditionary Force to the French Commune (BEFFC) increased by 500,000, thus making the British number 950,000 in the Commune of France fighting against the Germans. The Union of Britain also began to activate its industry, left behind by the King during the 1925 Revolution. Thomas Mann, Secretary General of the TUC in the UoB, plans to send an additional 200,000 men to the frontlines, thus bringing combined Internationale forces to above 1,000,000 soldiers by the late parts of the year until the end of the war. A war time draft was declared in the Union, with men of 19 years and above being encouraged to enlist in the armed forces to serve their socialist French comrades in arms against the Kaiser. Propaganda was also very essential to the war effort as well, enabling the population to be loyal to the cause and be full on anti German. In all, 2,900,000 British Syndicates were drafted. 1,200,000 of them would be casualties.
King Edward VIII of the Dominion of Canada, and what remained of the British Empire, pictured minutes before his radio speech that officially declared that Operation Homecoming would be underway. The King was the son of the late George V, who had died of old age in 1937. His declaration on the radio was heard across the Dominion, and the entire world. Homecoming would be the grand pinnacle of the European Front of the Second Weltkrieg, but it wouldn't come until late 1942 due to certain logistical problems and the need to improve Canada's weak industry that would be needed to supply the invasion of the British Isles. The plan was to land in Wales and in Cornwall in a surprise move. The broadcast however was blocked from reaching Internationale soil, a contributing reason that would give the Entente the upper hand in the isles. Homecoming wasn't revealed to the UoB until only weeks before the operation, by a defecting Canadian who ran off from his unit, and by that time the Syndicates were totally engaged in mainland Europe.​
Last edited:
President and Commander in Chief Douglas MacArthur meets with Chief of Staff Omar Bradley at Clark Air Base in the Philippines shortly after the latter's arrival to monitor the reorganization of local Filipino armed forces under the now called "Operation Manila". This photo, just like the pictures taken during the Defense Plan Conferences (in specific the 4th Conference), was an important step and symbol in improving tarnished New Federalist and American Unionist relations. It also acted as a reconciliation between both persons, leaving behind the insults and the claims they had thrown at each other in the midst of the 1940 United States Presidential Election (which both of them ran in: MacArthur for the AUP and Bradley for the NFP). The humble general would stay in the Philippines for 4 total months, until he and Bradley left the country to leave the reorganization under the command of General Jonathan Wainwright, one of MacArthur's closest friends and a general praised and respected by the Filipino population for his recent service under the short lived Philippine Commonwealth. During his stay, he went around the country greeting Filipino veterans of the recent struggles for independence, especially those of the controversial Philippine American War. This helped to repair relations between the nations, and would eventually return Filipino trust to the Americans.
Concept art for the new attire commissioned by the Armed Forces of the Philippines for the soldiers, circa early 1942. The uniform was based on British colonial battle grade uniforms of the times of the colonial era and the Weltkrieg. Due to their distinguishable colors, they were nicknamed "Brown Sandies" by the Americans, and "Oldies" by the Filipino due to their base design originating from the Great War. Operation Manila aimed to restructure the lacking, but otherwise efficient, Filipino logistics system and retraining soldiers under American military doctrine. The fear of Japanese occupation pushed the bond between the Filipinos and their former colonial leaders even further. Weapons carried by the men were also updated, a mass reorganization of units and their components. The program also saw the first proper formation of local Filipino armored forces. Manila was deemed by the AFP as the program that helped to shape Philippine war strategy, even after the Americans had officially left the Philippines in 1946. US doctrine is still the norm followed by the AFP to this day, and was also copied by neighboring countries such as Indonesia and Malaysia.
B423 (1).jpg
The Graf Zeppelin, the lead ship of her class, docking to port during her many update sessions in Wilhelmshaven, December 1941. The Kaiserliche Marine boasts a large fleet of aircraft carriers, now making up the most powerful naval force on the planet since the total collapse of the British Empire in 1925 to Syndicalism. The Germans enjoyed relatively great naval superiority against the joint Internationale fleets. The only 3I nation that could effectively engage them was the Union of Britain, which produces no where near what the Royal Navy did beforehand, but still boasts large naval dockyards where they can build more vessels to accommodate those that were lost in the frontlines. Encounters between the Kaiserliche Marine and the Internationale navies were limited, until the Third Battle of Jutland commenced on February 5 1942, which surpassed the ferocity and brutality of the first 2 battles in the area during the First Weltkrieg. Naval air support was firmly in German hands, as they firmly outnumber Internationale forces over the sea, as the latter relies on land based aircraft which is always not available.
A French Internationale Amito 143M medium bomber/long-range night reconnaissance aircraft flying in a bombing run against German positions over Alsace-Lorraine, December 1941. The awkward design of the plane would later result in the Germans calling them "The Flying Trainwrecks", with the word "trainwrecks" representing their vulnerability to fast German fighter planes and the amount that were lost by the Third Internationale during the war (an estimated 2,800 destroyed). The Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte had a significant advantage over the jointly fielded Internationale air forces, due to their relative superior training and experience in the Weltkrieg, and being led by veterans of the first war, most notably it's Secretary of the Air Force, Helmut Wilberg, the famous air ace of the first Weltkrieg. The battle for the skies in the conflict was considered brutal and costly for both sides. The Germans adopted the air force very largely and on an important level, because it was part of the Blitzkrieg tactics they had fielded into action.​

A row of Nationalist CdC G1-R tanks come ashore at Marseilles, June 1944, in the early days of Operation Dragon Rouge(Red Dragon) the Entente invasion of southern France. With the Germans having officially pushed the Third Internationale’s forces into French controlled Lorraine— and therefore fully out of German territory— by March of 1944, the Entente accelerated their plans for a landing on the European mainland. The Italian front was still very much bogged down by the easily defensible geography of the region, and the government Algiers was worried that too much delay would allow the Germans to overrun vital French territory or even— horrors above— take Paris before their soldiers had set a boot back in France. The invasion went relatively without a hitch— the Communard Mediterranean Fleet had effectively been stripped of much of its resources to provide warships for the Atlantic and North Sea campaigns, and the Third Internationale invasion of Spain the previous year(which had bogged down within sight of Madrid but had ultimately, bit by bit, been rolled backed towards the Pyrenees) meant that the Communards had no easy way to redeploy ships into the ”Med“. The result was that when the combined forces of the Canadian Second Fleet and the Nationalist 3eme Flotille de Combat arrived in the waters off of Marseilles, they effectively flattened the few destroyers and light cruisers left in the area. The Entente landings at Platinum(Nationalist French and Canadian) Silver(Nationalist French and Sardinian) and Turquoise(Canadian and Australasian) Beaches were fiercely contested by the Communard forces responsible for the defense of Marseilles, but within forty eight hours of the landing enough of a beachhead had been established that additional troops could be landed, while fierce fighting began to rage in Marseilles itself....


An M4 Hood main battle tank of the American Union State rumbles to a halt in a small Maryland town, 1941. The Hood was the workhorse of the Union State’s armored forces, sturdy and reliable. The original M4 model was armed with a short barreled 75mm gun, which was more than sufficient for handling the L3 light tanks and M40 medium tanks of the Combined Syndicates as well as Canadian supplied “Matildas” and Japanese Ha-Go light tanks in the hands of the Pacific States of America. The “75 short” was also very effective in providing direct fire support for infantry units. The Union State’s industrial base, most notably the invaluable Huntsville iron works, set to work producing the Hood in large numbers in order to equip the Union State’s rapidly growing armored forces under the command of General George Patton and his “Task Force Liberty”. The introduction of the Combined Syndicates‘ M5 tank, which was every bit a match for the Hood, as well as the introduction of the A27 Grizzly main battle tank of Canada(which was seeing combat testing in small numbers against the advancing forces of the New Orleans government) lead to the development of the up-gunned M6 Hood, which was equipped with a high velocity 76mm gun, and soon gained a fearsome reputation. However, while the new gun was far superior in engaging enemy armor, it was not well suited for direct fire infantry support, which meant that M4 “Short” and M6 ”Long”(the play on the name of the Union State’s leader was almost certainly deliberate) Hood tanks would operate in close coordination throughout the war.


A group of happy Japanese soldiers march through the city of Manila, 1938, following the surrender of the Republic of the Philippines and the establishment of a Japanese puppet regime. With the outbreak of the Second American Civil War the Philippines were vulnerable, and Japan‘s aggressively expansionist foreign policy meant that Tokyo had delivered an offer of “protection“ almost as soon as the last American troops had departed. The Filipino government, seeking to maintain its neutrality, refused. However, following a abortive syndicalist coup in Manila, Japan declared that its forces had been invited in for “peacekeeping” duties in order to “maintain the stability of the Philippines“. The Filipino government resisted the Japanese landings, but faced with overwhelming enemy naval and air superiority, ultimately gave in following several hours of bloody fighting. There would be intense partisan activity fighting against the Japanese occupier almost from the minute of the surrender, however, and the Philippines would remain a running sore for the Japanese Empire until the country was liberated by Reichspakt forces.


Members of Insulindia‘s airborne division, the Red Berets, during a Victory Day Parade in Jakarta. Insulindia had a long and winding road to gain its independence; an uprising during the Second Weltkrieg with Japanese aid was ultimately crushed by the Dutch and Germans, but in many parts of the “East Indies” rebellious sentiment had never faded. During the early 1960s a coalition of independence groups began another wave of insurgency against the Dutch colonial government, which, even after large numbers of reinforcements were redeployed from the Netherlands proper, proved insufficient to stem the tide of rebellion. By late 1964 large chunks of Borneo and Sumatra were completely in the hands of the rebels, and the Dutch economy was suffering under the strain of trying to fight a rebellion halfway around the world. Growing calls for decolonization across the Reichspakt, teetering Mittleafrikan stability, which meant that there would be no significant help coming from Berlin, and failure on the part of the Dutch military to defeat the rebels decisively meant that in 1968 the Nertherlands formally relinquished control over the East Indies(with the exception of Papua, which sold off and divided beteween Germany and Australasia) to the Insulindian Revolutionary Council. Four years later, in 1972, a bloodless coup saw Insulindia become a syndicalist state, which they remain to this day. Insulindia’s revolution was part of the “Red Tide” period of the late 1960s to mid 1970s when syndicalism, seemingly decisively crushed in the Second Weltkrieg, entered a period of revival as European colonial empires collapsed and brand new nations arose to take their place.
Last edited:
john kricfalusi.jpg

Infamous Canadian animator John Kricfalusi. He is wanted in the PSA for multiple counts of child molestation, kidnapping, and various other offenses. He is known for his series, Ren & Stimpy, which even Japan (known for it's hentai anime) found a little too much.

A screenshot from the final season of the widely popular HBO alternate history series, Fuherreich: Legacy of the Great War.

Set in a world where Germany lost the First Weltkrieg, the series focus on a Germany where after years of humiliation and economic hardship, is eventually usurped by a cruel and power-mad dictator, who's actions lead to a global conflict that kills millions of innocent people before he commits suicide to avoid being captured by his victorious enemies. While the series has been praised for the depiction of a realistic National Populist Germany, critics are divided about how other events in the show's timeline have been portrayed, such as France and Britain never falling to Syndicalist revolution, the Bolshevik's wining the Russian Civil War. The biggest change in the series was that America never had a Second Civil War and becomes a major world power.
Last edited:

Joseph Goebbels at his home in Rheydt, 1932


Flag of the NBVF or Nationale bolschewistische Volksfront


Militia members of the Rote Armee put up barricades in Saarbrucken upon the outbreak of the Weltkrieg


German soldiers prepare to execute a captured National Bolshevik


Rote Armee members on parade in Paris


A Rote Armee unit ambushes a German Army patrol in Cologne

National Bolshevism, while not a major force of the German politics, remains nevertheless interesting if not for its dynamic leader Joseph Goebbels. Born in Rheydt in 1897 the young Goebbels quickly drew himself towards the left. Its promises of equality and brotherhood seduced him and it was not long before he was a member of the growing Socialist movement. During the Weltkrieg Goebbels felt disgusted at first by what he saw as an imperialist war but, as the war went on and Germany's victories seemed neverending he slowly shifted his views. He became convinced that the German Army could be harnessed to export the Revolution and that the German Man were the superior beings, destined to be the torchbearers for the liberation of the world. This gained him much derision from the left which had begun to consolidate under the big tent party the KPD. While Goebbels's fiery oratory brought crowds his party, the National Bolshevik Peoples Front, established in 1919, failed to gain a massive following like the more mainstream factions of the KPD. However the Rote Armee, the KPD's militia, quickly became dominated by the militant NBVF and its members who frequently came from the military. This slowly pushed out all other influences on the RA and before 1923 the militia was more or less entirely led by NBVF leaders. However during the Tripitz Golden Age support for the more radical left like Thalmann's faction of the KPD and Goebbels's NBVF waned and by 1925 Goebbel's was writing in his journal contemplations about dissolving the Party. However Goebbels persevered and sank even more time into building up the Rote Armee into a Revolutionary force. It was about this time that the radical Syndicalists of France, the Jacobins and Sorelians, began to funnel support to Goebbels. With French guns and veterans from the French Civil War bolstering its ranks the NBVF were primed for a major come back. That finally came in 1936. That year the Sorelians came to power in France and Mosely, another far left Syndicalist, took power in the UK. With sympathetic leaders just over the border Goebbels made his move for power over the Left. Ernst Rohm, RA Oberstgruppenfuhrer declared that the Armee would no longer tolerate the "crypto-reactionaries that plagued the KPD" and less radical members of the Party soon came under attack. While Goebbels repeatedly denied any connection and quickly denounced Rohm and his actions he pointedly made no moves to reign in his subordinate. When Black Monday plunged the German economy off the cliff and millions lost their jobs the Armee turned its attention outwards as well. The German Army, spread thin defending Germany's vast puppets, suddenly found that not even Germany was safe from attacks. Soldiers on leave back home were routinely shot down, bases were raided and Germany raced towards civil war. Meanwhile at an emergency Congress in Kiel in September of 1937 Goebbels, with an RA protection squad, successfully bribed and intimidated his way to Chairman of the KPD. This spurned the various other factions to leave the Party and form their own however and took a chunk of their voter bases with them.

At the same time the German Army regained its footing due to a sudden influx of cash by Chancellor von Schleicher and activated the National Guard to patrol the streets. With soldiers patrolling the streets, the Party splintered and RA leaders, including Rohm, being cut down in a series of raids by the Abwher in late 1937 the NBVF was again on the backfoot. While fighting would continue, Gobbles was forced to go into hiding and the Kaiser breathed a sigh of relief having just narrowly avoided catastrophe. However, the fight was not over for Goebbels. On January 15th, 1939 a NBVF assassin killed the German ambassador to Austria while he was in Berlin to receive instructions. On his person was found a note signed by Goebbels indicating Sorelian France as the true masterminds of the killing. Germany used this as a pretext to go to war and at once the border erupted into savage fighting. Goebbels (who modern scholars deem to be the sole mastermind of the assassination with no connection to France) took the chance to come out of hiding. He declared the National Revolution was starting and ordered the RA, which while in disarray due to the decapitation by the Abwher was still quite large, to seize power. Suddenly the streets of German cities from Konigsberg to Nancy descended into Revolutionary violence as RA cells lashed out. Even Berlin descended into violence so severe that the Army had to evacuate the Kaiser to Weimar which had its uprising quickly crushed. The fighting was bloody and savage with the RA being whipped into suicidal fury by the remaining NBVF leaders including Goebbels. Some units even had tanks stolen during earlier raids. However this was nothing but the last dying roars of a crippled beast. While initial gains were promising as the Reichspakt forces flooded to the Front they were diverted to put down the revolts and soon numbers and training came to bear against the RA. Within four months the last RA bases outside Linz were found and destroyed. With his party shattered and with the net closing in around him Joseph Goebbels fled to the UoB aboard a British submarine. From there he rallied the nations German population into the Peoples Liberation Army and formed a Government in Exile. This however was again, not to be for while Germany was defeated it was not because of the inexorable will of the People, but because of the unstoppable power of the Russian Steamroller, descending from the East atop a white horse whose name was Savinkov. [...]

In the Union of Germany today the remnants of the NBVF live on even after the death of their leader in 1972 in exile. The RAF continue to fight the fight long thought lost and has gained a recent upsurge of support among disaffected University students tired of the Repressive rule of the Union government. However, while attacks are frequent they are nothing like as severe as they were in the dark days of the 1930s. The NBVF and National Bolshevism have been consigned to the dustbins of history and probably for the better.


Aftermath of the Stuggart Theater Fire which killed 70 and was linked to the RAF


The car the body of Defense Minister Otto Remer was found in after being abducted by the RAF two weeks prior


The Logo of the RAF as it appears in pamphlets and posters on walls across Germany today​
One of the most infamous photos of the Fifth Zhilli-Fengtian War and of the Pacific Theatre of the Second Weltkrieg, showing Japanese soldiers of the 4th Infantry Division marching in triumph in the streets of a captured village near Beijing, January 1942. The drive towards the heart and headquarters of the Qing Empire was not easy and was also particularly bloody for the joint GEACPS forces. The Fourth Battle of Shanhai Pass finally ended in a Fengtian victory for the first time since the Second War between the 2 governments. Wu Peifu's units were pushed to their limits as the joint Japanese-Fengtian soldiers nudged their way passed their defenses and dug themselves in to prepare for the "final showdown" at Beijing itself. The Jade Marshal was forced to retreat to prepared divisions and defenses at the Tianjin region and the border regions of the Liaoning region and build his strength. Japanese forces also conducted multiple landings against Qing forces all around the Chinese coast, most notably around the Shandong Clique where the Emperor holds suzerainty over the state. This lost enabled the Germans to build up their dedication to protecting their interests in China, by increasing the supply efforts to the Chinese Imperial Army. Tokyo responded by increasing their own efforts in helping Zhang Zuolin's forces. Also, with the victory at Shanhai, Admiral Kolchak's Transamur Republic was finally persuaded to join the war, boosting the spirits of the Greater East Asian Sphere's joint armed forces.
"In a year and a half, China will be sufficiently reunited to allow me to take my trip around the world."
- Wu Peifu

Soldiers of the Chinese Imperial Army wearing German uniforms and equipment shortly after the devastating defeat at Shanhai, January 1942. The Imperial Army was the largest army in China, and even one of the most gargantuan in terms of size in the entire Asian continent, much to the glee of the Jade Marshal, and boasts quite a multitude of equipment and arms that are to be envied by the other warlord states and cliques, rivaled only by the Japanese supplied and backed Fengtian Government. They are unfortunately very outdated in terms of tactics and behavior regimen. There is also a big divided generationally between the older officers and veterans and newer recruits and younger soldiers, who owe their own personal loyalty to specific figureheads and commanders in the armed forces. Nevertheless, it is well armed with German weapons and even tanks that are of European advanced descent. As they were not prepared for the surprise invasion by the Fengtian, they sustained huge casualties in the early to mid part of the Zhilli-Fengtian conflict. The Imperial Army also lacks dedicated armored forces, except for an experimental tank division made of mostly older generation German tanks assembled in Beijing, and their fighting capabilities were unproven even in the 1930s. Commanders, especially Wu Peifu, also owns their own personal militias that swear loyalty to their masters. Overall, the CIA was "decent and maybe terrifying for its size, but is accounted for its intense corruption in its high command and of their ranks."
" My only ambition is to manage the country well so that it can stand tall among the nations of the world."
- Zhang Zuolin

Young boy soldiers of the Industrial Corps' army, the largest armed force in the more or less unstable region of the Sichuan Clique, in training to prepare for the fight against landing Japanese shore parties in the northern coasts of the Qing Empire, especially around the Shandong Clique's area. The clique, led by Yang Sen as head of state and Li Xiang as head of government, does not field a unified armed force, and only relies on its government departments that control certain portions of it's "army". It is mostly reliant on the Qing Empire for pretty much all of its necessary resources needed to fund government activities and even ensure the welfare of its population. Sichuan is one of the most backward regions and governments in China, and ranks as one of the most unstable in the nation. The Emperor having total (at least, theoretical) suzerainty over the clique makes it even worse for the military government, as the war effort made it difficult to unite the population under one banner, at least initially. The Empire's rising foreign debt abroad, especially debts owed to Germany, also adds up to the pressure. The Clique defended itself with whatever soldiers and militias it can throw against the Japanese, for as long as it can until it was forced to surrender by December 1942 and revoke its recognition of the Xuantong Emperor, Aisin Gioro Pu Yi.
"Sichuan may not have a standing unified army, but we do bear a standing unified will to defeat the invaders."
- Yang Sen

Sprut SD of the Red Army's 1011th VDV Regiment, 2019

The problem of the Soviet tank was clear during the Middle Eastern proxy wars. That is, they were not fast enough to deal with France and the Syndicate's more mobile light tanks, and not powerful enough to deal with the Union of Britain's feared heavy tanks. The German Soviet Republic had invested heavily into faster, better concealed ATGM vehicles to go with their Mechanized infantry. The Union saw this as a measure to insure a more acceptable kill-to-loss ratio

The Soviets, reliant on heavy-handed strikes and disrupting the order of battle, placed an order for a vehicle with the following specifications:

  • 20 Tons or less
  • Air-deployable
  • 100mm main armament
  • ATGM capable weapon
  • 550km autonomy
In 2003, design began on this new vehicle by the Slavagrad (OTL Volgograd and Stalingrad, but Stalin was never the leader of USSR so it's not called that) Vehicle Design Bureau, codenamed the Sprut. This plan, drawn up over the course of a year, completed in mid-2004 and the design was immediately accepted, although the Soviet designers had not reached the goal of 600km Fuel Autonomy, only reaching 525 before the 20-ton limit was reached.

One upgrade over the original order was the 2A82 125mm gun taken from the defunct T-95 and the same gun later used on the T-14A MBT (later replaced by the 2A86 130mm gun on the U and K variants). It was based upon the hull of the BMD-4, The new vehicle, designated 2S25 Sprut, was immediately helpful in Turkey, where VDV units previously outgunned would now have more than enough firepower to deal with the small but deadly French and American tanks, which usually carried a similar armament.

In 2017, an upgraded variant, the Sprut SM, began deliveries to troops in the Far East and West-Ukraine Military Districts, as the conflict in Asia minor had been resolved.


SU-37 in flight above Iran, 2009

As the SU-27 aged and the new upgrade packages started to fall behind newer designs, as well as increasingly extensive and expensive repairs to older aircraft, like replacing engines since the originals, produced in the 1980's, started to melt and have engine burnouts on the runway. The Government placed a design order for Sukhoi to replace its workhorse with a newer multirole aircraft. Sukhoi designers and aircraft engineers from around the Union gathered together to come up with an aircraft newer in technology but also intuitive to use and similar in form to the SU-27. Design started in 1999.

Design finished in 2002 and the first prototype took flight in December of that year. By February of 2003 it had been approved by the Air Directory and serial production started in two separate plants, including a third coming at the finish of the expansion line of the Komsomolsk-na-Amur aircraft plant, scheduled for mid 2004. The Su-37 model was designated for distribution to VVS Units in the Baltic and Northern Military districts in 2006 for service testing.

The Aircraft entered full-time service in August of 2008 in most areas of the Union, while the SU-27 was sold off or given to allies to use for their own purposes.

Joseph Patrick Kennedy, Viscount of Boston and Duke of New England


Mounties deployed in New England to surpress American nationalist and Republican rebels


George Mitchel, the first member of the Provisional New English Mounties Division


Mounties set up a machine gun to fight a Republican uprising in Bangor


Republicans flee after attacking a Ducal tax collector


John Fitzgerald Kennedy during his short time in the New England Navy, before being transferred to the Army
When America descended into its Second Civil War the fighting quickly threatened to spread to New England. In the opening week of the War Syndicalist militia had seized NYC and pro-Syndicalist uprisings were crushed in Boston and Albany. Not wanting their homes to be the field of battle and the MacArthur junta cut off in the Virginia pocket and unable to sent reinforcements, the governors of New England turned to a radical solution. In the months before the War a cabal of influential New Englanders led by Joseph Kennedy and with tacit support by numerous New England governors travelled to Ottawa to discuss possible Canadian intervention to secure New England should America descend into war. King-in-Exile Edward VIII was non-committal however as he didn't want to provoke the United States. However it seems that he had not ruled out the possibility and had his military planners draw up Defense Plan No 1 outlining how Canadian troops would quickly invade and occupy New England. When war broke out, Edward ordered Defense Plan No 1 put into motion at once. Within hours Canadian troops were crossing the border which had been left undefended occupying major cities across New England. What resistance they met was mainly by Syndicalist militia trying to secure New England for the CSA however the disciplined and better equipped Canadian Army had no trouble in defeating them. Within two days it was all over and New England was in Canadian hands with minimal loss of life. Initial fears of American reprisals or even a compromise between the warring factions to focus on a war to regain New England turned out to be unfounded as each of the factions were so caught up in their own war that they barely noticed the sudden appearance of Canadian troops on the New York - Pennsylvania border. With the land secured however Edward was faced with a new problem, what was he to do with it.

Initial planners argued for the land to be integrated into Canada as the financial hubs of New England would be a valuable addition to the Canadian war effort when the war to retake the Home Isles was launched. However, within days of the occupation a savage resistance sprung up across the occupied territory as Americans formed into new Sons of Liberty and fought to expel the British in what was becoming known as the Second American Revolution. Not wanting to bog his precious forces down in a undoubtedly long and brutal guerilla war Edward instead invited Kennedy back to Ottawa to discuss the future of New England. While we don't know the specifics of what happened in the meeting we do know some things. We know that at first Kennedy proposed the foundation of a New English Republic as a strong Entente ally. However, Edward took opposition to this as he saw a democratic New England as vulnerable to American intervention. If a Nationalist party ever took power then they could simply rejoin the United States in whatever form it took after the War, a move that Canada could not possibly object to due to the power of a united United States. Instead, he suggested a 'transitory government' built on the British model. Kennedy would be made Duke of New England to rule the nation as he saw fit, albeit with some 'suggestions' and 'help' by British advisors and should New England's contribution to the war against the Union of Britain be sufficient then true Home Rule would be granted. Kennedy, realizing that to say no would just doom New England to a bloody war the Canadian intervention was supposed to prevent, accepted reluctantly. When Kennedy returned with the news he was met with instant and overwhelming revulsion by the New Englanders. The thought of an American monarch of any rank was frankly absurd but for that monarch to be more or less subservient to the British was to spit on the Spirit of 1776. Kennedy responded with the Horrors of War Tour, the name given to a series of speeches and closed door meetings with both the public and private leaders of New England society explaining the developing situation with the New Sons of Liberty. After the tour was over, many were told to grit their teeth and bear it for freedom was coming and it lay in London.

As time went on however the people of New England learned to live their with the new status quo. Not much changed for the average New Englander save for the flag and the name of the country they pledged allegiance to. Canada's more intrusive demands like switching everybody to driving on left side of the road and rebuilding New England transportation so its only linked to Canada rather than the rest of America were successfully resisted by Duke Kennedy, made Viscount of Boston for his 'well and true serve to the Crown' on the grounds that doing so would only enrage the people and empower the NSoL. To fight the Sons Canada flooded New England with Mounties which had by then reformed into a secret police force that is feared to this day. Not only did the Mounties conduct raids and skirmishes with the NSoL when the Army was unable to, they also policed major New England cities and served as body guards for the Duke and his family. This gained them the nickname 'The Jailers' by the New English population. At the same time they distributed anti-Republican propaganda upholding the values of the British system, which had grown increasingly authoritarian under Edward, against the failing American democratic system. Meanwhile the Canadian Army, bolstered by an influx of soldiers from other Entente nations like India and Ireland patrolled the border with the wartorn America. Their main task was containing the violence to the right side of the border while turning away most refugees. This was because not only could Canada not possibly hope to feed, clothe and much less house the hundreds of thousands who tried to cross the border over the entire War but also their lingering American sentiments could make governing New England long term impossible. All this and more served as dozens of pinpricks against the already shaky legitimacy of the Kennedy regime. Many began to sympathize more and more with the Sons who grew more and more bolder in their attacks on Canadian forces every week. However, the opening salvo against Canadian rule would not come the bottom of New England society, but from the top.

The Kennedy's never wanted their titles and honors that came with being royalty. Not only would it alienate them from the people they were supposed to rule but being Americans they were no fans of royalty. Joseph Kennedy was unable to put up much of a resistance as if he did speak out Edward would just replace him with a more amiable Duke or even Albert Windsor, who had moved to New England soon after the occupation to oversee Canadian operations there. So, he turned to his son John to spearhead the internal resistance. John F Kennedy was still a young man at the time and eagerly took up the task. While Joseph wined and dined the new aristocracy and Canadians to keep up appearances John would launder the Kennedy fortune to the Sons of Liberty and pass on information about troop movements. When John was made General of the New England Army in 1939 he would use his position to 'lose' guns from time to time and have them 'mysteriously' turn up in the hands of the Sons of Liberty. Despite the extensive actions taken to cover their tracks however the Mounties eventually traced a cash donation to the Sons to a Kennedy owned front company called New American Real Estate which suspiciously had no real estate holdings to speak of. On August 15th, 1939 the Mounties raided Kennedy homes across New England and rounded up dozens of members of the Kennedy family. Joseph was able to escape due to a convenient Sons ambush on the Mountie column sent to capture him and John was already in hiding. With their Duke in hiding, the New England Army making suspicious movements and disobeying British officers, the Sons growing ever more bold and the order across the region slowly breaking down entirely Edward was faced with a decision. He could go all in and invade New England starting a long and protracted war on the eve of his Invasion of the Home Isles or he could abandon New England entirely and leave all those who died so far to Sons attacks deaths in vain. The Army and the Exiles wanted to go with the latter option while the Canadians wanted the former. In the end Edward chose the latter and ordered the Canadians and Mounties to evacuate New England. As they left they also carted off everything of use they could leaving the region barebones and in shambles but nonetheless free. With that John F Kennedy came out of hiding and announced to New England that he was taking control of the government in lieu of his fathers disappearance and seeking to rejoin the United States at once which had since united under [...]

Soviet T-90M tanks of the 465th Independent Tank Regiment passing through Vladivostok, November 2020

As warfare shifted away from the large scale assaults over Europe that marked the past century of warfare, and the rise of long-range combat, a new solution to the Soviet Armored problem was needed. The T-72 and T-80 had proven themselves as capable firing platforms, but lacked the versatility (especially the limited range of the T-80) in capabilities. While the French and American tanks could be shipped across the world in huge numbers on cargo vessels, or quickly in transport aircraft, the T-80 could not travel on anything smaller than the Illyushin Il-76 Transport, which the Union had limited number of. Otherwise, it had to be shipped in squadrons by rail or by sea, limiting their already short range with a huge supply. While these were problems, the Soviet doctrine had already taken it into account, as most heavy armor units were stationed near the borders of the Union anyway.

The T-72 was not much different. While having superior base armor to the T-80 series, it's lack of Explosive Reactive Armor in earlier models made it less secure than the
T-80, and it had much the same transport problems, while being less effective in battle to show for it's upper hand in fuel efficiency and it's cheaper price. It had a slower reload and the best shell that it could load was the 3BM22, which was not able to penetrate even itself at a range of 2 kilometers. However, it's autoloader was upgraded in the "BK" variant starting in 1982.

The T-80 had a good combat track record, but only against small targets and light vehicles, the odd Japanese-loaned Type-74 in border conflicts with China or Manchuria. Compared to these targets, the T-80 was adequate, but not worth the cost for destroying vehicles better suited to be left to an IFV or a hit from a Missile. In 1989, during wars in the Middle east, the T-80BV and T-80U tanks were destroyed at an almost 1-1 ratio by an amalgamation of indigenous designs and Western Tanks, which was unacceptable to the Soviet Government.

In 1990, the Soviet Government selected the Morozov Design Bureau to provide a new tank that would have superior protection and firepower to the T-72 and eventually phase out the T-72 entirely. This new tank, called the T-90, was designed over the course of 3 years, met several criteria that the Soviet Government needed.

Note: It is worth mentioning that the T-72 still remains an effective fighting vehicle with Soviet Allies, even in 2020. It's T-72M4 variant used by Germany and Yugoslavia is a capable tank, if not somewhat obsolete compared to Western tanks.

The T-90 used a tried-and-true design methods, using the same size and shape of the T-72 hull, while up-armoring it by almost 100mm (mostly in Composite armor) and giving it a newer, bigger turret capable of mounting a newly-designed gun, breech, and autoloader capable of firing the same shells the T-80 model did. One new innovation was a new two-stage autoloader that lined up the propellant and the indexed projectile, then raised them to the gun breach and shoved them in.

In 1992 the T-90 suffered a setback, the lack of Explosive Reactive Armor, something not thought needed and thus factored out of the design process. One prototype of this tank is on display in the Kubinka Tank museum near Moscow, called the T-90-0. The plan was delayed while Engineers labored to fit the added mass and size of ERA bricks to the vehicle. It was ruled that the vehicle must stay under 48.5 tons and be transportable by air, which greatly hampered the use of the ERA. This meant that only the upper frontal plate (now referred to as UFP) was able to get it. This was a major issue for the Soviet Military, which specified the need for ERA all over.

In 1995, a new T-90 variant, the T-90BV, entered production, this time at 48.4 tons, barely below the maximum weight limit. This new variant was equipped with all-around ERA protection on all sides of the Turret and hull, except for the top and back of the hull. Several hundred units were produced before the order was cancelled.

The next big upgrade was the T-90S in 2008, made for more modern combat. With a new gun, deviating from the 2A46M-4 gun to the 2A82 from the experimental T-95 (the T-95 itself was a failed design, but it gave the Soviet Military several new ideas that went into successful tanks) , and the first Russian tank with an Active protection system controlled by a RADAR system in the turret, this was also the first tank in the world with integrated WiFi, as well as a better reverse gear, more than doubling it's terrible reverse speed. While Syndicalist Tanks could often drive 20-30 kilometers per hour backwards, Soviet tanks other than the T-80 (also had two reverse gears) could barely go 5 km/h in reverse. The T-90S was in production from 2009-2015, where almost 1,200 units were produced across 6 factories.

In 2014, the 48.5 weight limit was removed, now being a 56 ton limit. The designers at UKBTM Nizhny Tagil took this opportunity to the fullest, The T-90S, while a great tank, was not a modular design and it was hard to do maintenance on because of it's armor. Each individual ERA brick had to be removed from the turret if maintenance was to be done, so the manufacturers asked for a more modular tank.

The T-90MS was the first T-90 variant with the so called "long turret" and it carried vital parts to the tank. A new engine, the V92S2, was installed with more horsepower and a better gear cycle, providing better acceleration and stop time. The completely new turret was made longer and wider, being given much better armor and more advanced targeting instruments. It has a 360 degree camera, and no less than three laser rangefinders, working together to put together a target profile and it's distance, rate of movement, and size of vehicle, all in less than two seconds.

It has many new options in firepower, the 3VBM93 "полукруг" shell (literally 'Half-round' also meaning crescent) and the 9M119M-1 Refleks-M ATGM are new additions with high penetration over long distances.