Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

268px-Russian_Imperial_Family_19.jpg

Picture of the Russian Royal Family before the attempted murder at the city of Yekaterinburg.

During the Red Revolt (Russian Civil War), as White Forces were advancing to Yekaterinburg, the residency of the Romanovs, the Bolsheviks attempted to kill all of the Romanovs before the Whites arrived. Most of the Romanovs were dead except for Nicholas because the guards were fighting each other for being remembered as the one who shot Nicholas. The Whites had taken Yekaterinburg in time and took Nicholas. The Whites, who had no uniting ideology before taking Yekaterinburg, had now used Nicholas as the uniting force for their movement. Nicholas' rule was reestablished when the Reds were on their last legs around the early 1920s. Due to Nicholas' heir, Alexei Nikolaevich being among the dead, rule passed to his brother: Mikhail, when Nicholas died of natural causes in the 1930s.

View attachment 818393
Picture of the Russian Royal Family before the attempted murder at the city of Yekaterinburg.

During the Red Revolt (Russian Civil War), as White Forces were advancing to Yekaterinburg, the residency of the Romanovs, the Bolsheviks attempted to kill all of the Romanovs before the Whites arrived. Most of the Romanovs were dead except for Nicholas because the guards were fighting each other for being remembered as the one who shot Nicholas. The Whites had taken Yekaterinburg in time and took Nicholas. The Whites, who had no uniting ideology before taking Yekaterinburg, had now used Nicholas as the uniting force for their movement. Nicholas' rule was reestablished when the Reds were on their last legs around the early 1920s. Due to Nicholas' heir, Alexei Nikolaevich being among the dead, rule passed to his brother: Mikhail, when Nicholas died of natural causes in the 1930s.
Once again, another missed opportunity from Turtledove.

Even when you do a small cursory reading of Russian History during the 20th Century, there’s just so many unanswered questions about how the country would look like after a Central Powers victory.

This is probably as close as we’re going to get to how Michael became Czar… even though he did not accept it in OTL.

Are the casualties of the superbombing of Petrograd counted separately? OTL St. Petersburg had a population of ~2,415,000 in 1916, and around 2,812,134 people by the beginning of the Great Patriotic War. IOTL the Russian Civil War and the ensuing famines led to St. Petersburg's population slipping behind Moscow for the first time, but presumably Piter remaining the capital city would bolster its population compared to OTL and thus see at least 40-50% of its citizens succumb to atomic hellfire and its consequences?
Petrograd would have the potential casualties of highly hundreds of thousands Russian civilians were killed by the German bombs as well as aftermath from many other victims who will be effected by nuclear radiation caused by the blast.

But besides the Horror of Petersburg radiation ☢️, the city would be better off without the Nazis army ensiege that left an Million Soviet Man, women and children dead within 2 year as well as getting rid of czarist oligarchs by the blast.

I wouldn't surprise that the Czar Russia will either overthrow by Republican coup or just collapse by it own weight within a few years or so after the failed of two wars by the German twice times in 20 years.

St Petersburg wouldn’t be the capital for Russia for a long time and would highly have Moscow to be the capital instead
Seconded. I would have issues with using only real-life people beyond a certain point and hew too closely to their OTL activities in dramatically different circumstances, not to mention that a lot of post-Soviet politicians have strong ties, particularly familial ones, to another country - like Mykola Azarov the 14th Prime Minister of Ukraine (born in Kaluga to an Estonian father and a Russian mother), and Alexei Navalny as stated above - that just would not be there in a world where Ukraine, Belarus and such retain their independence for a century longer.
Honestly yes, of course because it more realistic to more people from OTL doesn’t existed and replaced with someone
Though I do have to assume Mikhail II and the regime that existed until the end of the SGW actively organized and sanctioned purges and pogroms against enemies of the state, particularly Jews.
Tsar Mikhail II and his PM would highly have Mass organized units like Black Hundreds militias and Okharna purge any "Maloross bandits" and "Gans sympathizers" across of czarist territory in during SGW. The main victims of these massacres are obviously the Jews but I wouldn’t be surprised they started targeting ethnic germans communities horribly with harassment, mistreatment and discrimination to even deportation.

The Mass killing of Jews would be European version of the Population Reduction down in the South in the SGW
Also I agree with @BigAbeRangel that your post regarding Actionist Mexico is excellent, and would perhaps be even more plausible for a rendition of TL-191 where the Confederate States is less... lucky and/or ascendant, shall we say.
It was a wonderful post and I hope that am be able to be as good as him soon. Allochronian and SM are my inspiration to make better posts on this thread
Yes, the superbombing of Petrograd would be included as note that I said 'mainly' in my post above. Reminds me of a project I've had in mind for years to do breaking down each superbombing and adjusting for populations.
St Petersburg will be the Hiroshima of Europe

Also do you still going to do the project of the Superbomb soon?

Even when you do a small cursory reading of Russian History during the 20th Century, there’s just so many unanswered questions about how the country would look like after a Central Powers victory.

This is probably as close as we’re going to get to how Michael became Czar… even though he did not accept it in OTL.
I think that Harry want to focused on North America as the main reason why we are reading this book but yeah is it true, it would be interesting to see more Russian and Europe in general are doing in the Interwar period

It might be possible Mikhail changed his mind between the Russian Revolution and when Nick died. I still don't like how Harry didn't explain what happened to Nick's son (granted, he had health issues growing up, which was why Rasputin grew close with the Tsars, but like still).

I think that Harry want to focused on North America as the main reason why we are reading this book but yeah is it true, it would be interesting to see more Russian and Europe in general are doing in the Interwar period
Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but can I just point out that Harry never explained how the Whites won the Russian Civil War? Yeah, I can believe Mosley and Action Française taking power but the Whites, no. Yeah, true butterfly effect and all, but the Whites had no uniting ideology, which was partly why they lost in OTL. I guess Harry didn't want to see Stalin working together with a fascist Britain and France.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but can I just point out that Harry never explained how the Whites won the Russian Civil War? Yeah, I can believe Mosley and Action Française taking power but the Whites, no. Yeah, true butterfly effect and all, but the Whites had no uniting ideology, which was partly why they lost in OTL. I guess Harry didn't want to see Stalin working together with a fascist Britain and France.
Actually, harry did explain it by saying the Germans in the Eastern front help them out with the bolsheviks during the Civil War

And just like that the seed for a chapter was planted. ..... please stand by;)

220px-Viktor_Orbán_2022.jpg

Picture of Viktor Orban, Prime Minister of the Hungarian half of Austria-Hungary (2010-present).

Orban rose to infamy on the global stage in 2022. In January of that year, Orban had claimed that Hungary, with help from Austria, would "take back what is rightfully ours (Transylvania)." On February 24, 2022, Austria-Hungary invaded Transylvania (more information: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...federacy-tl-191.185493/page-295#post-24008201). In April of that year, Orban used the initial successes of the war for his re-election campaign, to which he won in a landslide. Orban had called people who protested the war "German and American lap dogs" and ordered them to be arrested. By mid-2022, protests heightened as the war dragged on, causing some in Hungary to rebel, mainly in the Slovak region.

Last edited:
View attachment 818669
Picture of Viktor Orban, Prime Minister of the Hungarian half of Austria-Hungary (2010-present).

Orban rose to infamy on the global stage in 2022. In January of that year, Orban had claimed that Hungary, with help from Austria, would "take back what is rightfully our (Transylvania)." On February 24, 2022, Austria-Hungary invaded Transylvania (more information: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...federacy-tl-191.185493/page-295#post-24008201). In April of that year, Orban used the initial successes of the war for his re-election campaign, to which he won in a landslide. Orban had called people who protested the war "German and American lap dogs" and ordered them to be arrested. By mid-2022, protests heightened as the war dragged on, causing some in Hungary to rebel, mainly in the Slovak region.
Did any Woman who dance while unknowingly showing the Beginning of Transylvania Invasion

250px-Zvartnots_airport.jpg

Irving Morrell Airport, Yerevan, Armenia.

After gaining independence from the Ottoman Empire, old Ottoman airports were renamed. Due to his opposition to the Armenian Genocide and support of the independence movements across the Ottoman Empire, including in Armenia, before he died in 1976, the Ottoman Zvartnots Airport was renamed the Irving Morrell Airport in 1979.

View attachment 818678
Irving Morrell Airport, Yerevan, Armenia.

After gaining independence from the Ottoman Empire, old Ottoman airports were renamed. Due to his opposition to the Armenian Genocide and support of the independence movements across the Ottoman Empire, including in Armenia, before he died in 1976, the Ottoman Zvartnots Airport was renamed the Irving Morrell Airport in 1979.
Before anyone asks, yes, there are airports in the US named for Morrell as well.