Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

At least it be better for the Russian people and would be better lived in general in TL191

Honestly, I wouldn’t even be surprised that the Russian casualties of the second great war would be at least equivalent to Japan wartime casualties
In general, probably yes.

I can't really give a concrete number, but I tend to think that Russian casualties of all types would be FAR less, especially without anything similar to the Not One Step Back order or the ruler of Russia allowing civilians to die during a siege.
Most I could see the Russians losses militarily is at least 3 million and at most in the mid-millions, accounting for an equivalent figure to half of losses from the Russian SFSR and others from places not ceded ITTL. Civilian losses would be in the mid-millions, mainly due to extermination and deportation of "undesirable groups", repression and suppression of rebellions, and famine and starvation due to forced requisitioning of food for the war effort.

Most I could see the Russians losses militarily is at least 3 million and at most in the mid-millions, accounting for an equivalent figure to half of losses from the Russian SFSR and others from places not ceded ITTL. Civilian losses would be in the mid-millions, mainly due to extermination and deportation of "undesirable groups", repression and suppression of rebellions, and famine and starvation due to forced requisitioning of food for the war effort.
Are the casualties of the superbombing of Petrograd counted separately? OTL St. Petersburg had a population of ~2,415,000 in 1916, and around 2,812,134 people by the beginning of the Great Patriotic War. IOTL the Russian Civil War and the ensuing famines led to St. Petersburg's population slipping behind Moscow for the first time, but presumably Piter remaining the capital city would bolster its population compared to OTL and thus see at least 40-50% of its citizens succumb to atomic hellfire and its consequences?

It's often forgotten that in TL-191, Russia's demographics would be very different, at least in terms of size.

Without the purges and famines like the Holodomor, Russia would have way more people to the point that any TL-191 head canons about Russia would consist mostly of original characters.
Seconded. I would have issues with using only real-life people beyond a certain point and hew too closely to their OTL activities in dramatically different circumstances, not to mention that a lot of post-Soviet politicians have strong ties, particularly familial ones, to another country - like Mykola Azarov the 14th Prime Minister of Ukraine (born in Kaluga to an Estonian father and a Russian mother), and Alexei Navalny as stated above - that just would not be there in a world where Ukraine, Belarus and such retain their independence for a century longer.

Though I do have to assume Mikhail II and the regime that existed until the end of the SGW actively organized and sanctioned purges and pogroms against enemies of the state, particularly Jews.

Also I agree with @BigAbeRangel that your post regarding Actionist Mexico is excellent, and would perhaps be even more plausible for a rendition of TL-191 where the Confederate States is less... lucky and/or ascendant, shall we say.

Last edited:
Are the casualties of the superbombing of Petrograd counted separately? OTL St. Petersburg had a population of ~2,415,000 in 1916, and around 2,812,134 people by the beginning of the Great Patriotic War. IOTL the Russian Civil War and the ensuing famines led to St. Petersburg's population slipping behind Moscow for the first time, but presumably Piter remaining the capital city would bolster its population compared to OTL and thus see at least 40-50% of its citizens succumb to atomic hellfire and its consequences?

Seconded. I would have issues with using only real-life people beyond a certain point and hew too closely to their OTL activities in dramatically different circumstances, not to mention that a lot of post-Soviet politicians have strong ties, particularly familial ones, to another country - like Mykola Azarov the 14th Prime Minister of Ukraine (born in Kaluga to an Estonian father and a Russian mother), and Alexei Navalny as stated above - that just would not be there in a world where Ukraine, Belarus and such retain their independence for a century longer.

Though I do have to assume Mikhail II and the regime that existed until the end of the SGW actively organized and sanctioned purges and pogroms against enemies of the state, particularly Jews.

Also I agree with @BigAbeRangel that your post regarding Actionist Mexico is excellent, and would perhaps be even more plausible for a rendition of TL-191 where the Confederate States is less... lucky and/or ascendant, shall we say.
Yes, the superbombing of Petrograd would be included as note that I said 'mainly' in my post above. Reminds me of a project I've had in mind for years to do breaking down each superbombing and adjusting for populations.

Not part of my post-2GW headcanon, but something for alternate history in After the End.

22CASTLE3-jumbo.jpg

Picture of the TV series: Resistance.

Resistance is a tv series that is an adaptation of the 1980s novel of the same name. The show and novel depict a world in which the Japanese defeated the CDS and conquered the Pacific and the United States in the Fourth Pacific War. The rest of the world is now horrified by the Japanese potentially conquering them, as General Ishii is still very much alive and well by the time of the setting, while Hirohito is in his final days of life. The book and the show ends with the Japanese being driven out of San Francisco due to a massive uprising in the city and implies that similar uprisings occurred in the United States and the Japanese puppet states of Free Canada, the Southron Republic, and the Pacific.

Last edited:
robinson.jpg

Image of Hatitan runner: Paul Jean, who won a bronze medal in a sprinting event in the 1936 Richmond Olympics. Jean was one of the first victims of the Population Reduction when it spread to Hati.

Not part of my post-2GW headcanon, but something for alternate history in After the End.

View attachment 817465
Picture of the TV series: Resistance.

Resistance is a tv series that is an adaptation of the 1980s novel of the same name. The show and novel depict a world in which the Japanese defeated the CDS and conquered the Pacific and the United States in the Fourth Pacific War. The rest of the world is now horrified by the Japanese potentially conquering them, as General Ishii is still very much alive and well by the time of the setting, while Hirohito is in his final days of life. The book and the show ends with the Japanese being driven out of San Francisco due to a massive uprising in the city and implies that similar uprisings occurred in the United States and the Japanese puppet states of Free Canada, the Southron Republic, and the Pacific.
Emperor Showa would about to die then Akihito would replaced him know as the Emperor Heisei which led to Heisei Era.

so what the catch on the TL-191 on the Heisei Era in japan.
In After the End, there is no Heisei Era due to Japan's Empire balkanizing and a North Korea-like dictatorship taking over Japan called the Japanese Worker's Republic or JWR (with the expectation of Hokkaido, which was invaded by the US, Compact of Democratic States or CDS (TL-191 NATO) and Russia and becomes the Republic of Ezo). Akihito and the rest of the Japanese royal family are kicked out of the JWR.

Ok, now back to my post-2GW headcanon

220px-Funeral_of_the_Emperor_Sho.jpg

Picture of the funeral of Japanese Emperor: Hirohito, February 24, 1989.

On January 7, 1989, the Emperor of the Japanese Empire: Hirohito, passed away from duodenal cancer. Some historians had cited the rebellions against Japanese rule, which had been going on since the 1970s, had worse his cancer.

220px-NHK_announcement_of_Hirohi.jpg

"HIS MAJESTY, THE EMPEROR HAS DIED" (Tennō Heika hōgyo). This message was put on Japanese tv stations on the day of Hirohito's death.

200px-Emperor_Akihito_199011_1.jpg

Emperor Akihito, Hirohito's successor, wearing the sokutai at the enthronement ceremony in November 1990.

The new Japanese Emperor, Akihito, inherited a rebellion many now see as lost. Seeing the writing on the wall for the Empire, Akihito ordered a ceasefire between the Japanese and the rebels in their overseas territories. Furthermore, Akihito began to make the groundwork to make Japan into a constitutional monarchy and wipe the slate clean. In early December 1991, the independence of Japan's overseas territories was recognized. On December 26th, Akihito announced that the Japanese Empire was now dissolved and that new elections would be held in early 1992. With the dissolution of the Japanese Empire, the Bitter Cold, years of tension between the Central Powers and Japan since the Second Great War, was declared over.

Last edited:
220px-3_September_1945_-_Chungki.jpg

Picture of Victory parade in the Japanese-backed: Reorganized National Government of the Republic of China (the Chinese language is used to keep the population loyal for the time being).

In mid-1944, China had fallen to the land of the Rising Sun. The Japanese had been at war with China, even as the world was focused on the developments of Actionism in Europe and the CSA. Months after the fall of Featherston's CSA, and the surrender of Britain, France, and Russia, the Japanese had fully conquered China. The 1945 Berlin Peace Treaties recognized Japan's territories over the Pacific except for its claim over the now-former Republic of China, and the Japanese puppet states were not recognized. The victory of the Japanese in the Second Sino-Japanese War (or, as the Japanese call it, the War of Unification) was considered by later historians to be the start of the Bitter Cold as the Central Powers, mainly the United States, had backed rebels all across China.

Confederate troops of the 6th North Carolina Infantry Regiment march through Richmond in May, 1917. These soldiers were being sent north to Fredericksburg to stem the tide of the U.S. offensive into Northern Virginia.

Richmond.jpg

View attachment 817768
Picture of Victory parade in the Japanese-backed: Reorganized National Government of the Republic of China (the Chinese language is used to keep the population loyal for the time being).

In mid-1944, China had fallen to the land of the Rising Sun. The Japanese had been at war with China, even as the world was focused on the developments of Actionism in Europe and the CSA. Months after the fall of Featherston's CSA, and the surrender of Britain, France, and Russia, the Japanese had fully conquered China. The 1945 Berlin Peace Treaties recognized Japan's territories over the Pacific except for its claim over the now-former Republic of China, and the Japanese puppet states were not recognized. The victory of the Japanese in the Second Sino-Japanese War (or, as the Japanese call it, the War of Unification) was considered by later historians to be the start of the Bitter Cold as the Central Powers, mainly the United States, had backed rebels all across China.
Adding to this

220px-Burmese_troops_surveying_t.jpg

Picture of troops of the Japanese-backed State of Bruma on the lookout for Chinese nationalist troops near the China–Burma border.

Following the defeat of the KMT in mid-1944, some refused to surrender to the Japanese. Insurgencies sprung up over the years; the most famous was at the border between China and Burma. The KMT in Burma was crushed in 1949.

Question for yall cause I cannot remember do the Japanese have the DEI at the start of the Great War or do they grab them in the 1920/30s?
It wouldn't have been during the Great War, as they would have been allies at the time.

The Japanese "persuaded" the Dutch to give them the Dutch East Indies.

signing-japanese-peace-treaty-sa.jpg

Picture of Japanese Delegates signing the Tokoyo Accords, a peace treaty that ended both the rebellions against Japanese rule and the Empire of Japan.

The Accords were signed on December 8, 1991, which stated that the independence of Japan's overseas territories is officially recognized, Japanese citizens in the now independent states are allowed to stay if they wished with protections being put in place for them, and all Japanese troops are to withdraw by the end of the year. The withdrawal went smoothly because most of their overseas territories were in rebel hands. On December 26, 1991, the last overseas Japanese territory: Formosa (later renamed Taiwan), was given to the restored Republic of China; hours later, Emperor Akihito declared the Japanese Empire was dissolved and declared that the new name of the nation was the State of Japan.

It wouldn't have been during the Great War, as they would have been allies at the time.

The Japanese "persuaded" the Dutch to give them the Dutch East Indies.

Thanks

170px-Mao1927.jpg

Picture of Communist rebel in China: Mao Zedong in 1927.

Zedong was killed in the final days of the War of Unification (Second Sino-Japanese War). The Chinese Communist Party grew weak following Zedong's death. His efforts were lionized by Chinese citizens, mainly the peasant class, during Japanese rule. After Japan fully withdrew from China in 1991, some on the far left had considered Zedong a national hero.