Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
35jc9hy.jpg
This is really a really great picture: The Empire in 1940's Earth.:cool:

I really don't think Jefferson meant used should abolish the government violently. Just, you know, the good old constitutional convention-way (which I believe he also proposed for every 20 years or so).

Anyway, I wish I could draw better than a simple turkey with my right-hand ("Hand-Shaped Turkeys Attack England!"), but alas, I was born non-artistic and too cheap/lazy for good imaging software.

Anyway, something I can do is good ol' Wikipedia editing. Here's a snippet of their list of surviving World War I veterans. Can you spot the difference?

joneswar.jpg

ETA:
Here's a direct link (it's not working for some reason)

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
I really don't think Jefferson meant used should abolish the government violently. Just, you know, the good old constitutional convention-way (which I believe he also proposed for every 20 years or so).

Is it wrong that I spotted the ridiculously stereotypical Wikipedian wedging-in of a Polish veteran from a completely separate war before I noticed your edit? :D

counterblitzkrieg said:
Indiana Jones served in World War I?

Yep, that was pretty much the plot of most "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" episodes (the only modern TV series I know of set in the World War I era). They got bored with him as a soldier, so they made him a spy later on.

I spent a good couple hours researching Indiana Jones on the web to make sure I got a full accounting of his WWI activities and noted everything that would be verifiable/notable/known to the world/appropriate for the section, if he was in the real-world.

That Grail sip is probably what makes him live so long.

Thande said:
Is it wrong that I spotted the ridiculously stereotypical Wikipedian wedging-in of a Polish veteran from a completely separate war before I noticed your edit? :D

I knew I cut it off there for a reason. That's me subconsciously asking, "What's up with that, Wikipedia?" Maybe I should place the unedited entry on the "Photos that look like AH but aren't" thread.

I sure hope I live long enough to gain entry in the "List of surviving Gulf War veterans" list as an "Gulf War-era semi-veteran" for my Cub Scout activites.

Status
Not open for further replies.