FaceApp_1601323293235.jpg

D. Boon from Minutemen

View attachment 587189
Promotional photo for Superman Returns starring
Brandon Routh as Superman/Clark Kent
Kerri Russell as Lois Lane
I'm actually working on an alternate Superman Returns myself. That sees Kevin Smith write a proper reboot script that doesn't have all the goofy material forced into it from the producer that plagued the OTL infamous script. Instead it focuses on the relationships between Kal-El/Clark Kent and his fathers Jor-El and Jonathan Kent. As Kevin Smith would have recently lost his father who was very influential to him. Jon Favreu is brought on to direct bringing in some OTL Ironman influence. Ben Affleck plays Superman and Vince Vaughn plays Lex Luthor. Christopher Reeves' 1995 accident is butterflied and he plays Jor-El. Patrick Swayze plays Jonathan Kent and Leah Thompson plays Martha Kent. Affleck's wife Jennifer Garner plays Lois Lane and Kevin Smith's hetero life mate Jason Mewes plays Jimmy Olsen.

I'm actually working on an alternate Superman Returns myself. That sees Kevin Smith write a proper reboot script that doesn't have all the goofy material forced into it from the producer that plagued the OTL infamous script. Instead it focuses on the relationships between Kal-El/Clark Kent and his fathers Jor-El and Jonathan Kent. As Kevin Smith would have recently lost his father who was very influential to him. Jon Favreu is brought on to direct bringing in some OTL Ironman influence. Ben Affleck plays Superman and Vince Vaughn plays Lex Luthor. Christopher Reeves' 1995 accident is butterflied and he plays Jor-El. Patrick Swayze plays Jonathan Kent and Leah Thompson plays Martha Kent. Affleck's wife Jennifer Garner plays Lois Lane and Kevin Smith's hetero life mate Jason Mewes plays Jimmy Olsen.
I like the cast except for Vince Vaghn as Lex
Also Jason Lee would be a better Jimmy Olsen

I like the cast except for Vince Vaghn as Lex
Also Jason Lee would be a better Jimmy Olsen
A lot of people thought the same about the casting of Vaughn ITTL. But Favreu would stand by his friend. Vaughn would surprise his critics delivering a nuanced and sinister performance as the villain. When audition tapes of the studios preferred choice Kevin Spacey would surface after the release of the film. Vaughn's subtle take on the character was far better than Spacey's over the top version.

In this reboot the Daily Planet is a televised news program rather than a newspaper. Lois Lane is a live reporter and Jimmy Olsen is her cameraman. Mewes is guaranteed the role with Smith writing and producing the film. The role is written for him and he provides the comedic levity in the film. Don't worry Jason Lee will show up in a similar role in a later DC comics inspired film ITTL. As Smith essentially becomes the Kevin Feige of a DC cinematic universe ITTL.

A lot of people thought the same about the casting of Vaughn ITTL. But Favreu would stand by his friend. Vaughn would surprise his critics delivering a nuanced and sinister performance as the villain. When audition tapes of the studios preferred choice Kevin Spacey would surface after the release of the film. Vaughn's subtle take on the character was far better than Spacey's over the top version.

In this reboot the Daily Planet is a televised news program rather than a newspaper. Lois Lane is a live reporter and Jimmy Olsen is her cameraman. Mewes is guaranteed the role with Smith writing and producing the film. The role is written for him and he provides the comedic levity in the film. Don't worry Jason Lee will show up in a similar role in a later DC comics inspired film ITTL. As Smith essentially becomes the Kevin Feige of a DC cinematic universe ITTL.
So Lois and Clark are working WGBS TV with a different name.
Who do you have for Perry White? When Superman Returns was Greenlit I was thinking Dan Ackroyd would have been a good choice
Also Kevin Smith's script had Brainiac does Brainiac get his Theatrical debut ITTL.

Last edited:
Vince Vaughn plays Lex Luthor.
With or without hair and if he has hair is it red and what shade (compared to other red headed celebrities)?
Christopher Reeves' 1995 accident is butterflied and he plays Jor-El.
I similarly had the idea of butterflying away Christopher Reeves accident and give him a role in a Superman film but as Jonathan Kent in Man of Steel (continuing a tradition started by George Reeves in the 1978 Superman film, and maybe Dean Cain on Smallville).

So Lois and Clark are working WGBS TV with a different name.
Who do you have for Perry White? When Superman Returns was Greenlit I was thinking Dan Ackroyd would have been a good choice
Also Kevin Smith's script had Brainiac does Brainiac get his Theatrical debut ITTL.
Yes. As stated Lois is a live reporter. Clark is a standard reporter who writes reports for the desk reporters. Which I was considering having Jon Favreau play but was having trouble casting Perry White, the producer for the network, and would possibly have Favreau take the Perry role. Thank you very much, definitely using Akroyd for Perry. Favreau will be the desk reporter and Smith will cameo as a weather forecaster.

Braniac will show up in the third part of this Superman trilogy.
With or without hair and if he has hair is it red and what shade (compared to other red headed celebrities)?

I similarly had the idea of butterflying away Christopher Reeves accident and give him a role in a Superman film but as Jonathan Kent in Man of Steel (continuing a tradition started by George Reeves in the 1978 Superman film, and maybe Dean Cain on Smallville).
Without hair... Vaughn's role in Brawl in Cell Block 99 inspired my choice of casting him.

Originally I had Reeves playing Jonathan Kent but settled on Jor-El when I decided he would have a significant role in the film. And that Swayze was a better fit for a Midwestern rancher.

061025-F-1234S-032.jpg

Three USAF B-50 Superfortresses in flight to bomb targets within the Soviet Union during the Third World War, circa 1953.
tu4c.png

A low flying Soviet Tu-4 Heavy Bomber from a formation as spotted by an RAF Gloster Meteor over the North Sea to make an air raid on British cities, date unknown.

X-men (2000) directed by Brian Singer
FaceApp_1601516480306.jpg
Dougray Scott as Wolverine/Logan
FaceApp_1601001245215.jpg

Angela Bassett as Storm
FaceApp_1601517643858.jpg

Sarah Michelle Gellar as Rogue
FaceApp_1601516148486.jpg

Jim Caviezal as Cyclops/Scott Sommers
FaceApp_1601517176924.jpg

Peta Wilson as Dr. Jean Grey
FaceApp_1601517901951.jpg

Christopher Lee as Magneto/Eric Langchester

IMG_6940.JPG

A newspaper clipping from an article about the Monkees third season. Premiering in September 1968 and ending in March 1969, the third season took on a whole new form. Being more variety show based, with skits and musical guests. Which included Tim Buckley, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, Paul McCartney, Stephen Stills, Jimi Hendrix, and many more. This was a nice refresher away from the rehashed scripts and old tropes that the last season had, and that kept the Monkees together until 1973. This also eased tensions in the band and allowed Peter Tork to record and tour with them. By the end of the 3rd season, they all went into the studio to record their first truly band-based album since Headquarters in 1967.

IMG_6937.JPG

(An excerpt from a TL I'm working on)