Writing a point of divergence where 9/11 doesn't happen.

Filming_of_Iranian_film_Mazar_Sh.jpg

Picture of actors in the 2015 Iranian movie Mazar Sharif, a movie about the 1998 killing of Iranian diplomats in Afghanistan.

On August 8, 1998, Iranian diplomats to Afghanistan and one journalist, a correspondent from Iran's state news agency (IRNA) named Mahmoud Saremi, were killed. Despite efforts by the United Nations to prevent war between Iran and Afghanistan, the Iranian-Afghan War started in the Fall of 1998 and would end in August of 2018. Little did anyone know at the time that this small attack would alter the course of the 21st century.

For more information: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...-read-faq-first.447291/page-332#post-24421136

2006 United States Midterms
(I couldn't find a map for the 2006 Congress on Map chart so the current one was the best I had to work with)

Screenshot 2023-11-05 12.05.54 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-05 12.06.11 PM.png

Propeller Arena Commercial (2002)
this would have been the final game released for the dreamcast and the last online game to be shutdown ITTL

Propeller Arena Commercial (2002)
this would have been the final game released for the dreamcast and the last online game to be shutdown ITTL

I'm a bit confused by your statement. I understand that Propeller Arena would end up being the final game released for the Sega Dreamcast. However, how could it last online game to get shut down? Online games were getting popular during that time.

A photo of the Rainforest of Xishuangbanna taken by Robert Downey Jr. himself, a location used during the filming of 2008's Iron Man, a flick that helped catapult a former B-list hero at best into superstardom. This is one of the locations used to depict the Siancong War, a minor conflict started by the Ten Rings in China and the fictional country of Siancong. The group attacked centers of technological and biological importance primarily in an attempt to demoralize the population of those places and gain more soldiers by promising a less corrupt alternative to local government and civic leaders, but were stopped by the titular character.

Forest.jpg

A screenshot of the work in progress SCP Wiki story hub Deletion Bubble named after the Department of Deletion and the phantom bubble multiverse concept from the Chinese branch. This page is currently hosted on a sandbox.

Screenshot from 2023-11-13 13-47-53.png

Out of character notes: The first image was shot by Colin W for the Panaromio service before its closure, but is currently on Wikimedia.

The second image is a screenshot of a portion of the Manhattan Crisis Hub (which I edited using Inspect Element) for an SCP event where the Chaos Insurgency were responsible for 9/11, but the plans for it were very different.

I'd imagine that without 9/11, there won't be COVID to begin with. Due to a 22-year POD. But saying we ignore the butterflies and let some events happen in parallel as OTL, this makes an interesting poster.
yeah i didn't think covid would happen without 9/11 either
considering that china became a superpower after the us and china teamed up to fight terrorism
with china fighting the uyghurs in OTL

before 9/11 the us had an embargo on china after the tiananmen square protests in the late 80s
and without 9/11 that might continue without chinas involvement in the war on terror

yeah i didn't think covid would happen without 9/11 either
considering that china became a superpower after the us and china teamed up to fight terrorism
with china fighting the uyghurs in OTL

before 9/11 the us had an embargo on china after the tiananmen square protests in the late 80s
and without 9/11 that might continue without chinas involvement in the war on terror
So COVID would still happen but only in China?

I'd imagine that without 9/11, there won't be COVID to begin with. Due to a 22-year POD. But saying we ignore the butterflies and let some events happen in parallel as OTL, this makes an interesting poster.
Even if Covid had failed to materialise in late 2019, humanity was still due for a global pandemic, since diseases of any kind would've eventually found a way to accidentally spread into through humans.

Who knows maybe in a timeline where 9/11 never happened bird flu would manage to find a way to spread through humans. If that happened than worse case scenario 1-3 billion people could be killed by the virus...