April 26th 2003. President George W Bush began a bombing campaign in Iraq, following the supposed shootdown of an American Jet.
1700401327655.png

Iraqi Dictator Saddam Hussein issued a call to arms following the initial bombing
1700401442482.png

The 'Desert Badger' Bombings Escalated the Iraqi Disarmament Crisis, which cooled in 2004. After Iraq agreed to allow unrestricted weapons inspections. And earned Dr Hans Blix a Nobel Peace Prize.
1700401846405.png

From Geronimo

2023081715424832833.jpg

US ship in the Persian Gulf, 2015.

Throughout the final years of John McCain's second term as President of the United States, with the support of Congress, controlled by a democratic majority in the House and Senate following the 2014 midterms, tensions between Iran and the US had been rising due to the Kurdish War (2014-17). McCain had been threatening Iran and the rest of the anti-Kurdish coalition to withdraw from Kurdistan by sending American ships and soldiers to the Middle East. While McCain's successor, Bernie Sanders, was more diplomatic, trying to open a dialogue with the coalition and Kurdistan to end the conflict, the US presence in the Persian Gulf remained strong until a ceasefire and a peace treaty were signed in November of 2017.

ctVhCFL.png

Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter passed away on November 19, 2023, barely a week after entering hospice care. This is a screenshot of a tweet sent by President Marco Rubio (2021-present) shortly after the news broke.

The internet Archive's WayBack Machine archived a live camera view of the NYC skyline seen from the World Trade Centers Association (WTCA) headquarters on the 77th Floor of the 1 WTC on 5 December 2001, the website worked until 2010 when its highly outdated cameras went offline, after the WTCA renovated its headquarters on the 1 WTC 77th floor, however, this screenshotted page on that very same day can still be viewed in here: https://web.archive.org/web/20011205084327/http://iserve.wtca.org/view.html
WTCA.05.12.2001.png

Last edited:
ctVhCFL.png

Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter passed away on November 19, 2023, barely a week after entering hospice care. This is a screenshot of a tweet sent by President Marco Rubio (2021-present) shortly after the news broke.
If Marco Rubio became in president in 2021, who were the people who served as president between him and George W. Bush?

My Dad used to love to just sit inside of airports to watch planes depart and arrive all day. After 9/11 you can't do that anymore. ITTL he would still be able to do that...

George-Alexander

Gone Fishin'
22208938364_92622d1393_b.jpg

TWA 747 Prepares for Flight to London, 2002

MV5BMjE0MDg1NzA3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjgzMjEzMjE@._V1_.jpg

President Al Gore's Farewell Adress (2009)

navalny.jpg

Russian Prime Minster Alexei Navalny gives a speech on COVID (2020)

My Dad used to love to just sit inside of airports to watch planes depart and arrive all day. After 9/11 you can't do that anymore. ITTL he would still be able to do that...
same here
i remember a year after 9/11 (around the time i started kindergarden) we were meant to hang out at the mall at the hamilton international airport but were not let in so we just stayed outside there watching planes in the parking lot

had 9/11 not happen we probally would have hung out at that mall got a coffee and a snack at timmies and checked out the historical plane museum they have there and it would have been pretty cozy

also before my mom stopped working to take care of me she worked at the ups there (she started working at ups in 1999 in the packing area alongside my cousin who started working in the departure/cargo area when he was only 15-16 just before 9/11)

also had 9/11 and the 2008 recession not happen and i had the mentorship or a tween cradle snatcher i needed without my dad after he got sick (without relying on a stupid social worker), she probally would have worked there until her retirement somewhere in the mid-late 2010s when she turned 60 (just before the amazon fulfillment center would open near there)

Last edited: