OTL Election maps resources thread

- Sligo has a ten-seat LEA (there is no God) in which a People Before Profit councillor was elected, and having been to Sligo... er, no.

Apparently the Boundary Committee decided they'd rather have 17 counts than split the town in half or reduce the LEA in size. Same with Drogheda.

As promised, here is the Province of Leinster, minus Dublin.

Things to note:
- As you might expect, Sinn Fein have broken the two-party system in County Louth
- The outskirts of Dublin are also being pulled into that disregard for the old parties
- Fianna Fail bounced back surprisingly quickly, branching out from the Midlands which they held due to Cowen's culchie appeal.
- We have some actual Labour councillors! No, don't look at how many there were in 2009.
- And we finally come across some Greens in Kilkenny, Louth and Wicklow.

Eire14L.png

I have nearly all of County Dublin done, so you probably don't have to do that if you don't want to.
Sorry. Have done it.

Things to note:
- Labour aren't shit! As long as you're in the outskirts of Dublin.
- The Trots win another LEA, namely People Before Profit coming first in Killiney-Shankill. I counted PBP, AAA and United Left separately, despite the fact that they're basically the same organisation nowadays.
- Turns out Dublin itself is really very left-wing indeed.

Eire14D.png

You know, I am sort of mildly cheesed off that right as I was starting exactly this project, you do it and get it done much faster than I could've. :p

Still, nice work. At least now if I do go through it I won't have to make spreadsheets.

You know, I am sort of mildly cheesed off that right as I was starting exactly this project, you do it and get it done much faster than I could've. :p

Still, nice work. At least now if I do go through it I won't have to make spreadsheets.
Sorry about that, I got sort of carried away. And now you guys are doing the DA thing, it's not like I'm stealing your likes or anything.

In recompense, I will let you do the all-Ireland map because mine is too big to upload directly.
Is that something like 80% of Labour's representation there?
Somehow, it's only 23/51.

The Dublin Corporation elections of 1899, the first under the widened franchise brought in by the Local Government (Ireland) Act 1898 and the last before the city was expanded to take in Drumcondra, Clontarf and Kilmainham in 1900. Green is Irish nationalists (who were divided in two camps, the "Redmondites" and the United Irish League, but I can't find who was in which camp), blue is unionists and red is Labour candidates (who contested the elections for the first time). The overall standing was 45 Nationalists (27 UIL, 18 Redmondites), 8 Labour, 7 Unionists. The electoral system, as in all UK local elections at the time, was bloc vote.

val-dublin-1899.png

Last edited: